Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 03:04:48 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 23, 2016, 01:02:05 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 23, 2016, 12:46:04 PM
Quote from: cfclg on June 23, 2016, 12:19:27 PM
Will be interesting to see if Antrim GAA move with the times and change the times of this weekend games to avoid the clash with Ireland match.

Id say this will probably fall to clubs between themselves to sort out.

Christy Ring replay on the same time as Norn Iron is playing, Antrim not looking for a new time?

I know what I'll be watching..... Extreme makeovers on Sky Atlantic  ;D

Was down your neck of the woods today, pitch looking great!!

What you doing, cattle rustling?

Antrim Coaster

Hurlers beat by a point after extra time

Tony Baloney

Any excuses this time?

Antrim Coaster

7 or 8 points up at half time.

Meath came out and scored 1-5 or something after half time. Antrim managed 1 point in nearly 20 minutes.

Then it was point for point and Antrim scored a goal with what must have been the last poc of the game to equalise and bring it to extra time.

The clown who runs the Antrim Twitter feed needs his head looked at when he tweeted 'Be Proud' after a defeat by Meath.

This result will set Antrim county hurling back years.No one will want to bother with them next season. Lads would rather hurl with their clubs.

Could go into free fall a bit like Derry have this year. Bad times ahead. Saffron Vision my hole

Minder

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on June 25, 2016, 08:55:24 PM
7 or 8 points up at half time.

Meath came out and scored 1-5 or something after half time. Antrim managed 1 point in nearly 20 minutes.

Then it was point for point and Antrim scored a goal with what must have been the last poc of the game to equalise and bring it to extra time.

The clown who runs the Antrim Twitter feed needs his head looked at when he tweeted 'Be Proud' after a defeat by Meath.

This result will set Antrim county hurling back years.No one will want to bother with them next season. Lads would rather hurl with their clubs.

Could go into free fall a bit like Derry have this year. Bad times ahead. Saffron Vision my hole

Aye that Antrim Twitter custodian could get a gig in North Korea if it doesent work out here
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Short memories.
A few of us were castigated on here for criticising the tweets.

As for hurlers returning to clubs. I think I've repeated this ad nauseum.
Club scene prioritised until strong enough to lift county team.
Anything else and it'll be deja vous all over again.

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on June 25, 2016, 09:38:31 PM
I can't fathom why people get annoyed by these tweets.

Not annoyed. But it isn't PR.

paddyjohn

Maybe time to call a spade a spade. Maybe he/she should say it was dung and players, management and county board should have a look at themselves. Maybe people like us who write on forums should have a bigger input?

bannside

I'd say we are lucky enough to have one of the most capable and genuinely interested PRO'S  in the business. Once he starts losing that positivity we are really in a shit place. Surely his eternal optimism has to be applauded and encouraged.

There will always be enough pessimist artists here to create balance.

And as for anyone trying to pin anything relating to today's performance in either code on Saffron Vision well that's totally cheap. Senior performance (or lack of it) is the result of years and years work and most of the main personnel on our new board have only been there a few months.

What would you like them to do considering they have inherited a county with dismal inter county records in recent years and practically a bankrupt economic basket case. Hats off to the men who have stood up to try and sort out the mess we are in but for God's sake give them time to put their structures in place.

Or is there anyone here wants to put themselves forward as someone who could make a tangible difference??

btdtgtt

Phew.............
Not really a forum for debating what's PR and the most effective use of social media.
I'd charge by the 1/2 day for that ;)
But some of the tweets would be ill advised.
If others think differently grand so.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on June 25, 2016, 10:59:57 PM
I'd say we are lucky enough to have one of the most capable and genuinely interested PRO'S  in the business. Once he starts losing that positivity we are really in a shit place. Surely his eternal optimism has to be applauded and encouraged.

There will always be enough pessimist artists here to create balance.

And as for anyone trying to pin anything relating to today's performance in either code on Saffron Vision well that's totally cheap. Senior performance (or lack of it) is the result of years and years work and most of the main personnel on our new board have only been there a few months.

What would you like them to do considering they have inherited a county with dismal inter county records in recent years and practically a bankrupt economic basket case. Hats off to the men who have stood up to try and sort out the mess we are in but for God's sake give them time to put their structures in place.

Or is there anyone here wants to put themselves forward as someone who could make a tangible difference??

Not once would I question the vigour and heart that they are putting in to the job, it's super to see after the previous shambles there was but holy Christ Bannside please take off your saffron vision specs and call it as it is! There are Tweets and Facebook posts that aren't helpful after another set of poor results! Also I don't care if CJ McGourty is living it up on the beach in Oz and kicking points when I'd rather he was here kicking points.

Hopefully today is a turning point in county fortunes and the reality will hit home for lads & ladies now that we just aren't good enough. We can't afford to lose lads like McManus or Graffin from the panel. For us to succeed we need every man that's capable of playing senior county hurling wearing that jersey and everybody there cheering them on. I will continue to support my county teams & county board when I can, but to be honest my patience & money is wearing thin. £45 today to travel to Belfast to watch that football match.

theskull1

Anyone up in Owenbeg today to watch the minors today

Some difference in the full time and extra time performances it would appear
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on June 26, 2016, 10:54:50 PM

Wasn't at it as had some croke park blues from Saturday
But the Irish news says coby hit 1.13 ( 10 from frees)
K Molloy got 1.04 And E O Neil Came on and hit 2.03 so well done to the dunloy lads
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Link

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 27, 2016, 10:02:38 AM

K Molloy got 1.04 And E O Neil Came on and hit 2.03 so well done to the dunloy lads

Derry didn't show up in ET. Good tactics by Antrim, in that period, pulling everyone back and giving 3 or 4 lads up front plenty of space which they used very effectively. 9, 11 and 20 were the lads who stood out for me, think they are the 3 mentioned above. 9 was lucky to stay on the pitch after a wild pull when he was fouled with 15 mins to go. Big lad wearing number 7 seemed very good, serious pace for a great point in the 1st half of ET.

The ref seemed to play more than the 4 minutes injury time that was allocated which allowed Antrim to pull level. As a Derry man, was very disappointed with the ref (don't see where he got 4 minutes from) but fair play to Antrim for taking advantage and pushing on in ET.

theskull1

Quote from: Link on June 27, 2016, 02:44:56 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 27, 2016, 10:02:38 AM

Derry didn't show up in ET. Good tactics by Antrim, in that period, pulling everyone back and giving 3 or 4 lads up front plenty of space which they used very effectively. 9, 11 and 20 were the lads who stood out for me, think they are the 3 mentioned above. 9 was lucky to stay on the pitch after a wild pull when he was fouled with 15 mins to go. Big lad wearing number 7 seemed very good, serious pace for a great point in the 1st half of ET.

The ref seemed to play more than the 4 minutes injury time that was allocated which allowed Antrim to pull level. As a Derry man, was very disappointed with the ref (don't see where he got 4 minutes from) but fair play to Antrim for taking advantage and pushing on in ET.

7 was Eamonn Smyth from Dunloy also. A fine hurler.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera