Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Rimbaud82

themac_23

Fair play to Meath there, hunger hanging out of them all over the pitch that second half.

glens73

Quote from: MoChara on June 03, 2016, 12:28:42 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on June 03, 2016, 12:14:05 PM
Quote from: MoChara on June 03, 2016, 11:30:55 AM
Quote from: cfclg on June 03, 2016, 10:32:57 AM
The lack of chat on here about our county team playing in a national final tomorrow proves to me that we still have this arrogance about us that we believe we are better than what we are and haven't come to terms that Christy Ring is our level. Waken up folks, its not 1989 anymore!!! I think we will be in for a rude awakening tomorrow afternoon against a decent Meath side.

County website has failed me again. No fancy banner when you go online to let you know about the final.

We are either really arrogant or really stupid in Antrim (or maybe both!).

I think the problem is we are slightly above Christy Ring standard but not near the level for competitiveness of above it. I know early results this year in the league suggest other wise but that how I see it.

Makes for a shite situation where either you should win everything and how can you get excited about something you shouldn't lose, keep in mind tomorrow for Antrim fans there is no respectable performance from tomorrow other than a win. In a way its a case of we have more to lose than to gain from tomorrow because we can only really lose credibility in our own eyes.

If we go a level up we will get drubbed, leaves us in a frustrating limbo situation.

Some of this is arrogance I suppose, I'll be cheering on the Saffs tomorrow anyway as you can only win what your in, and some silver ware should help morale.

Guarantees us a Leinster Quarter Final next year if I'm not mistaken. That should be our goal. Try and reach a Leinster semi final. Surely that would give us a bit of motivation. We have to beat Meath though!

I agree we shouldn't be underestimating Meath as our wobbles at the start of the year showed, seems a bit more grit in the team since the new set-up though thankfully.

Didn't see much of that

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

north_antrim_hound

One mistake after the other, this is our level
depressing 
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Just read a tweet there from John Fogarty of the irish examiner saying that all the press box had the final score as a draw. Interesting.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 04, 2016, 07:46:23 PM
Just read a tweet there from John Fogarty of the irish examiner saying that all the press box had the final score as a draw. Interesting.

Was nobody on the Antrim line keeping the score ?

north_antrim_hound

I take it the refs book is the last word so no change
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Minder

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 04, 2016, 08:09:14 PM

I can't imagine they would have went ahead with the presentation if there was any doubt

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on June 04, 2016, 08:13:36 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on June 04, 2016, 08:09:14 PM

I can't imagine they would have went ahead with the presentation if there was any doubt
I'd like to think so.

Tony Baloney

In the row in front of me there were Meath fans crying after the match and what appeared to be a grandfather, daughter and granddaughter kissing and hugging. It was the GAA cliché and you can guarantee the same wouldn't have been seen by Antrim fans if the result was reversed. Meath were abysmal in the first half so you have to say the result flatters Antrim. I can't think of a worse team.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 04, 2016, 09:34:42 PM
In the row in front of me there were Meath fans crying after the match and what appeared to be a grandfather, daughter and granddaughter kissing and hugging. It was the GAA cliché and you can guarantee the same wouldn't have been seen by Antrim fans if the result was reversed. Meath were abysmal in the first half so you have to say the result flatters Antrim. I can't think of a worse team.

Indeed. On both points.
If anyone thinks we can advance without seriously invigorating our Club scene they have their head up their own ass - or the ass of the few involved at county level.
I bear no grudge towards any players and definitely not management on today alone - but we simply can't move on by focusing on just the county squad. The whole club scene needs massive impetus and not sacrificed at the altar of the county team. And for what?

Seamroga in exile

They awarded meath a point that antrim scored in the second half. Oh dear.