Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocky

Ex manager hasn't been left with much credit so I think that would be ruled out as evidence.
Anyway it won't be pursued now as it gets too close to home for some people.

Sleeping giant

Like I said yesterday.  I suppose there's that many stories going around. It's about who chooses to believe what.  I no the gambling happened and it's not about how much money was made.  It's the principle of the thing.  Do you want players who have backed themselves to loose to be representing our county.  This has gone away to easy for me.  Sorry.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

theskull1

Well from a consistency point of view I'd expect a statement from the County board in regard to their investigations on the subject. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

I agree SG, its been hushed up to nicely for my liking.

It needs to be investigated and done correctly. Those involved should be banned from playing if found guilty.

Ive a lot of respect for the new management as the 4 of them are all good hurling men but how can you follow a team that had people who would willing bet against themselves to lose?
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 07, 2016, 02:55:00 PM
I agree SG, its been hushed up to nicely for my liking.

It needs to be investigated and done correctly. Those involved should be banned from playing if found guilty.

Ive a lot of respect for the new management as the 4 of them are all good hurling men but how can you follow a team that had people who would willing bet against themselves to lose?

If no hard evidence (the bookies docket or account statement) then whats to be done apart from the panel dealing with it internally and ostracizing said individuals from the group. If this did indeed happen I hope they are strong enough to do this.
If you are waiting for a public flogging though don't hold your breath. 

Na Glinntí Glasa

Why dance around it? who are they trying to protect?

I spoke to a few who seen it and confirmed all that happened. I trust them in what they say.

Theres a few people who are hoping it will all go away.
hurl like f**k boi!

Last Man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 07, 2016, 04:32:06 PM
Why dance around it? who are they trying to protect?

I spoke to a few who seen it and confirmed all that happened. I trust them in what they say.

Theres a few people who are hoping it will all go away.

There's no hard evidence, that's why no-one is standing up stating it was "so and so".  What else can the CB do apart from as I said earlier that they ensure they are pushed out of the group.

theskull1

Quote from: Last Man on April 07, 2016, 04:43:26 PM
There's no hard evidence, that's why no-one is standing up stating it was "so and so".  What else can the CB do apart from as I said earlier that they ensure they are pushed out of the group.

You could go all out looking for the evidence rather than waiting on it coming to you (.....not saying that hasn't happened already ). 

Brocky

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 07, 2016, 02:52:16 PM
Like I said yesterday.  I suppose there's that many stories going around. It's about who chooses to believe what.  I no the gambling happened and it's not about how much money was made.  It's the principle of the thing.  Do you want players who have backed themselves to loose to be representing our county.  This has gone away to easy for me.  Sorry.

I agree with you totally, there's no place for it. But I honestly can't see it happening, it will be a pleasant surprise if it does.
The new exec have taken a strong stance on everything else, this could be the one item that hurts them.

paddyjohn

As I wrote a few pages back, nobody is looking a public flogging. Personally all I want is the 3/4 lads who were involved kicked off the county panel.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I see woody interviewed in the IN today that Neil will be committing to the panel until he leaves. Thats some good news at least.
Hopefully with the time we have before the Kildare game they can get the lads going and up for this game.
hurl like f**k boi!

cfclg

Quote from: Brocky on April 07, 2016, 05:13:42 PM

I agree with you totally, there's no place for it. But I honestly can't see it happening, it will be a pleasant surprise if it does.
The new exec have taken a strong stance on everything else, this could be the one item that hurts them.

Some people on here this week were saying its over now, lets move on. I for one will not leave this alone. Its the very principle of the thing that annoys the sh*te out of me. I don't care if they made £50K or £5 betting against us. THESE COUNTY HURLERS BET AGAINST THEMSELVES. The game may have been a dead rubber for Antrim but this clearly shows a serious lack of respect towards our county and the game in general when people can do this.

I don't care about a public flogging but can the county exec at least release a statement saying they know it happened and that the players have/are being dealt with. That would send a clear message out that the times of f**king about and sweeping stuff under the carpet is over.

paddyjohn

Quote from: cfclg on April 08, 2016, 11:11:49 AM

Some people on here this week were saying its over now, lets move on. I for one will not leave this alone. Its the very principle of the thing that annoys the sh*te out of me. I don't care if they made £50K or £5 betting against us. THESE COUNTY HURLERS BET AGAINST THEMSELVES. The game may have been a dead rubber for Antrim but this clearly shows a serious lack of respect towards our county and the game in general when people can do this.

I don't care about a public flogging but can the county exec at least release a statement saying they know it happened and that the players have/are being dealt with. That would send a clear message out that the times of f**king about and sweeping stuff under the carpet is over.

I agree 100% with you. It suits some posters on this board to sweep it under the carpet also for some reason. Maybe it will disappear if people stop writing about it!

theskull1

+1 to cfclg's comment

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 08, 2016, 11:17:41 AM
Quote from: cfclg on April 08, 2016, 11:11:49 AM

I agree 100% with you. It suits some posters on this board to sweep it under the carpet also for some reason. Maybe it will disappear if people stop writing about it!

Who does it suit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea