Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I wish I shared your confidence in the new executive Brocky.
havent seen anything resembling action from them.

Brocky

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 01, 2016, 06:39:13 PM
I think today's announcement would clasify as action. At the end of the day the county senior hurling squad or some of it brought the county into disrepute and no matter what the press release they took the only action they could. The buck stops with the manager.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Brocky on April 01, 2016, 06:45:14 PM
I think today's announcement would clasify as action. At the end of the day the county senior hurling squad or some of it brought the county into disrepute and no matter what the press release they took the only action they could. The buck stops with the manager.
indeed. Try telling that to the Kevin ryan fans.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

On another note, has there been any action taken pertaining to the melee between the johnnies and St galls? Or the referee walking away? Or is it being conviently forgot about?

Brocky

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 01, 2016, 07:08:16 PM

It's obvious no matter who the manager is it is a difficult job. But the right person would have the sense to make the right decisions. Kevin Ryan made a balls of the loughgiel situation and relied too much on senior players to help.
PJ made obvious mistakes too, childish messages etc... but probably the biggest was assuming he could handle it.

north_antrim_hound

Could you define a kevin Ryan fan SIE is it someone who supported him
His tenure lasted a lot longer than the one you campaigned for
Thought you would be keeping a low profile today seeing as all your manager and player preferences where put in place and what a farce that was
Feel sorry for PJ but when he put all his eggs in the  "get the LG players back and we will blow all round us basket" he was doomed
so keep spouting the same old tripe, I'm sitting here ready for whatever response is needed
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

imtommygunn

Pj, kevin ryan, jerry wallace, jingo, sambo and woody etc etc.

I think it is time to look past the manager as the issue here.

Pj did not go into a bookies and place bets.

btdtgtt

+1 immtommygun
I agree the buck stops with the manager - but given what we know about players - they certainly pushed it towards him!
Changing manager is not a panacea if what our players have demonstrated is taken into account.

The Jim Nelson Cup was played off - St John's beat Rossa convincingly.
Nobody seems quite sure how things progress given then end to that semi final.
It seems current going-ons and the fact not too many people outside the immediate game care about it has swept a lot under a carpet.

We could have sold advertising on this forum today given the interest :)

paddyjohn

PJ for the Cushendall job?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 01, 2016, 01:41:15 PM
For all the PR and spin and promises that we heard from our new saffron visions pre-convention - does anyone know where county officialdom have dissappeared to?
Nowhere to be seen or heard - I'm await the "we inherited these problems" response.

Are you on wind up?? Its just happened today?? What were you looking? PJ sad face??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

So btdtgtt let's imagine for a minute that you headed up the new county executive. What action would have undertaken today? What do you think the Executive should do that they haven't done? Precisely?

keep her low this half

The phrase from bad to worse springs to mind.Betting slips was awful, PJ resigning is sad to see and the Cushendall incident is potentially criminal. As I said earlier I would know one county player well and the sacrifices he makes for the county team are immense. I feel really sorry for those players who put their shoulder to the wheel and for all the club members of Ruari Ogs. It is a soul destroying thing selling tickets over the years to keep a club going, I know that very well from personal experience and for the Cushendall members who have been doing this for years I have huge sympathy.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: keep her low this half on April 01, 2016, 09:13:11 PM
The phrase from bad to worse springs to mind.Betting slips was awful, PJ resigning is sad to see and the Cushendall incident is potentially criminal. As I said earlier I would know one county player well and the sacrifices he makes for the county team are immense. I feel really sorry for those players who put their shoulder to the wheel and for all the club members of Ruari Ogs. It is a soul destroying thing selling tickets over the years to keep a club going, I know that very well from personal experience and for the Cushendall members who have been doing this for years I have huge sympathy.
I totally agree. I feel sorry for the hard working club men and women from Cushendall. No club deserves that.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 01, 2016, 07:40:40 PM

Could you define a kevin Ryan fan SIE is it someone who supported him
His tenure lasted a lot longer than the one you campaigned for
Thought you would be keeping a low profile today seeing as all your manager and player preferences where put in place and what a farce that was
Feel sorry for PJ but when he put all his eggs in the  "get the LG players back and we will blow all round us basket" he was doomed
so keep spouting the same old tripe, I'm sitting here ready for whatever response is needed
You obviously don't know me.  ;) 

Why on earth would I need to keep a low profile? Pj made mistakes who doesn't? What exactly does "get the LG players back and we will blow all round us basket" mean? I cant decipher that one.

As far as I could see PJ wasn't the only selector. The squad wasn't exactly coming down with loughgiel players either.  In fact I'd go as far to say there was as good a range of clubs represented as ever. He also didn't operate the draconian Ryan doctrine of barring club players training with their clubs. In fact he had an open door policy. He also allowed the Cushendall players to fully train with their club in the run up to the all ireland club series without the threat of not being selected for the County panel. This should be mandatory no matter who is manager.

He also didn't push money into the player's hands that betted against themselves, team mates and supporters. He does not deserve to be aligned with those particular boyos.

btdtgtt

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on April 01, 2016, 08:59:36 PM
So btdtgtt let's imagine for a minute that you headed up the new county executive. What action would have undertaken today? What do you think the Executive should do that they haven't done? Precisely?

My comment re our AWOL executive doesn't apply only to PJ.
This board is plastered with issues of which I've heard nothing proactive from our executive.
It's a point I've made quite a bit before today also.

So far putting boards up around Casement has been about as much I've seen them do.