Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Leyland on March 20, 2016, 06:30:02 PM
Listen lads - I was open to PJ getting the job based on his club record. He is a media man, loves the profile. However it became apparent over last 3 months that this job was always going to end in tears. Commitment, lack of buy in again from key players, drink, and managers inability to set an example has emploded Antrim to an all time low. I'm not buying the bull crap about giving him time, Cushendall, injuries etc, the stories that have come out over last 3 months mean this will only get worse. Trust me - if Antrim were into a winner - McManus in particular wouldn't be taking a years travelling.
I don't have an answer but from what I do know from sport - a team will always takes its leadership from it'd boss.

+1

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 06:30:34 PM
You boys are hilarious. Three and a half months pj and his team are there. Maybe we should have got cody. He'd have probably cost less than previous incumbants.

You really want to go there SIE  ::)

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 20, 2016, 06:22:02 PM
Some of the Shamrocks looking very foolish after the shite they peddled last year.
You're not allowed to say that!!

Another poor result. Not surprised all the same when I seen the team.

Hirty Darry

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 05:09:53 PM
Quote from: Hand up on March 20, 2016, 04:47:34 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 04:37:51 PM
Poor performance alright. Changes on the way I'd think.

Management?
players.

After Westmeath ... sure it's just one defeat

Carlow ...defeat no 2

London ... defeat no 3

Progress still being made SIE?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on March 20, 2016, 06:32:34 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 06:30:34 PM
You boys are hilarious. Three and a half months pj and his team are there. Maybe we should have got cody. He'd have probably cost less than previous incumbants.

You really want to go there SIE  ::)
Do you not think that three  and a half months is a just a ltitle bit of an unrealistic time period to turn things around considering the mess that was left? If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Boys it's very very simple.  Attitude and commitment stinks in Antrim.  Stinks!!!   I could name 5 players that were apart of Antrim county squad that were drunk during the week,  pure and simple. Not good enough!!!! Yes neill mc manus Arron Graffin shorty and so on would all make a massive difference,  but that's a handful of lads.    I didn't back KR at the end for the way he conducted himself.  People say PJ isn't conducting himself correctly.  That's something I don't no much about being honest. What do we do?   Give up on it completely?  Sad sad state of affairs.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

keep her low this half

Three and a half months is a bit quick to judge any manager. Give him to the end of year and see if he can win the Christy Ring. If he does fair play if not thanks for your effort time to move on. Only once in my time following Antrim have we been in what is effectively Division 3 and the Christy Ring. That year Jingo and Humpy won every league match, the ulster championship and the christy ring. And the thanks for their efforts they were sacked.

glens73

Is the current situation not the reality of where we actually stand? Kevin Ryan lost to Westmeath and Carlow last year too, we don't have the depth of players and allied to that the apathy that's throughout the county, for the county teams at least, is never going to get us anywhere. As others have said a root and branch review from the bottom up is needed. Without getting into all this inter club shite we'd be going nowhere with Cody, Loughnane or whoever would be in charge with the current apathy towards the county team, players, supporters and everybody.

Hand up

Listen, money hasn't really much to do with it, as all County setups cost money to run, even bad ones!! The end of the year financial report will show this current setup are one of the most expensive managements over the last number of years Fact!!
The stories coming out are becoming worse, but if results/performances where to improve hopefully things will settle down. To be fair we all knew PJs tactical defiencies which were only too evident in last year's double header between Ruairi Og and Shamrocks where the lack if change in the centre forward position from him should have exposed our stand in  no 6. The  game plan term is overused, Hard Work with Commitment and Talent and a bit of direction should see us improve on last year, but too many of these ingredients are missing atm.
I haven't heard otherwise but I do think only 1/2 Cushendall players will return to the panel and I'm not sure they will make any dramatic difference to the current situation.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: glens73 on March 20, 2016, 06:59:54 PM
Is the current situation not the reality of where we actually stand? Kevin Ryan lost to Westmeath and Carlow last year too, we don't have the depth of players and allied to that the apathy that's throughout the county, for the county teams at least, is never going to get us anywhere. As others have said a root and branch review from the bottom up is needed. Without getting into all this inter club shite we'd be going nowhere with Cody, Loughnane or whoever would be in charge with the current apathy towards the county team, players, supporters and everybody.
+1

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Hand up on March 20, 2016, 07:00:33 PM
Listen, money hasn't really much to do with it, as all County setups cost money to run, even bad ones!! The end of the year financial report will show this current setup are one of the most expensive managements over the last number of years Fact!!
The stories coming out are becoming worse, but if results/performances where to improve hopefully things will settle down. To be fair we all knew PJs tactical defiencies which were only too evident in last year's double header between Ruairi Og and Shamrocks where the lack if change in the centre forward position from him should have exposed our stand in  no 6. The  game plan term is overused, Hard Work with Commitment and Talent and a bit of direction should see us improve on last year, but too many of these ingredients are missing atm.
I haven't heard otherwise but I do think only 1/2 Cushendall players will return to the panel and I'm not sure they will make any dramatic difference to the current situation.
I heard 5 maybe 6

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: keep her low this half on March 20, 2016, 06:53:31 PM
Three and a half months is a bit quick to judge any manager. Give him to the end of year and see if he can win the Christy Ring. If he does fair play if not thanks for your effort time to move on. Only once in my time following Antrim have we been in what is effectively Division 3 and the Christy Ring. That year Jingo and Humpy won every league match, the ulster championship and the christy ring. And the thanks for their efforts they were sacked.
I was talking to a an ex county hurler not so long ago about jingo. He said he got very badly treated. Probably the last time there was any sort of team spirt within the squad.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: keep her low this half on March 20, 2016, 06:53:31 PM
some difference to the players that were there under jingo and the ones that's there now.  But I agree.  That management team got the best out of the county. 

theskull1

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 20, 2016, 07:08:36 PM
Quote from: glens73 on March 20, 2016, 06:59:54 PM
+1

+1 on the bits in bold

I'd pull the senior team out of all competitions and have that review.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

MoChara

I'm still hopeful of this management, they're down some serious players beaten by an average of 6 each league game this year the talent waiting in the wings or waiting to come back from injury I think would be plenty to cover that, people will say we shouldn't be creeping past these teams even we had the players but wins breed confidence and confidence breeds form.
Christy Ring hopefully have a better and more accurate showing for us, or maybe I'm just a bit too much of an optimist