Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Not good.  There was nothing to play for.  But not good. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Poor performance alright. Changes on the way I'd think.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Hand up

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 04:37:51 PM
[/quote

Management?

Sleeping giant

Seamroga in exile

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 05:09:53 PM
Quote from: Hand up on March 20, 2016, 04:47:34 PM

Management?
players.

What players is he going to change? I thought her knew the club scene and all the best players and they were all turning out for him bar the injured and Cushendall players tied up with the club?

Was this not the point of trials earlier in the season and now to try and get a system of play?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on March 20, 2016, 05:34:37 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 05:09:53 PM
Quote from: Hand up on March 20, 2016, 04:47:34 PM

Management?
players.

What players is he going to change? I thought her knew the club scene and all the best players and they were all turning out for him bar the injured and Cushendall players tied up with the club?

Was this not the point of trials earlier in the season and now to try and get a system of play?
yes. And all the players aren't there yet. Early days and all that.

Sleeping giant

Give Smokey the job Nag. He's the man  ???

Saffrongael

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 20, 2016, 05:57:51 PM

He couldn't do any worse than PJ is doing
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 20, 2016, 06:00:13 PM

Or kevin ryan for three years.  ;)

Tony Baloney

Some of the Shamrocks looking very foolish after the shite they peddled last year.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 20, 2016, 06:09:13 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 20, 2016, 06:00:13 PM

Or kevin ryan for three years.  ;)

Genuinely would KR have lead this squad of players to those three defeats?

Don't want to keep going over the old ground but he hasn't left himself much wriggle room with this start.

Sleeping giant

there's a whole host of players that the current manager hasn't got and won't have for selection that were there last year.  You can only work with what's there, there's a whole new mindset/attitude needed if we're to improve and it will take time to instill that.  So all am asking the snippers and lad who love putting the knife in to give the currant manager the same time given to the previous manager.    Years gone by I've spoken about mangers.  For and against.  KR had to go.  He had his "3 year plan". It didn't work for loads of reasons.  Anyone who expects a manager to come in and provide instant results with a county on its knees is a fool.

Leyland

Listen lads - I was open to PJ getting the job based on his club record. He is a media man, loves the profile. However it became apparent over last 3 months that this job was always going to end in tears. Commitment, lack of buy in again from key players, drink, and managers inability to set an example has emploded Antrim to an all time low. I'm not buying the bull crap about giving him time, Cushendall, injuries etc, the stories that have come out over last 3 months mean this will only get worse. Trust me - if Antrim were into a winner - McManus in particular wouldn't be taking a years travelling.
I don't have an answer but from what I do know from sport - a team will always takes its leadership from it'd boss.

Seamroga in exile

You boys are hilarious. Three and a half months pj and his team are there. Maybe we should have got cody. He'd have probably cost less than previous incumbants.