Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Hard luck ruari ogs. Na piarsaigh are a big strong outfit with class all over the field. It could have been different if they hadn't shipped that early goal. The heads seemed to go down. I thought Cushendall only started hurling in the second half when 14 down. Too late at that point. Once you get to this level you can't let up. They'll be back.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

Hard luck to cdall yesterday. just simply weren't good enough on the day.  Second best all over the field and can have no complaints or hard luck stories.  In a way. It's better than hurling well and thinking what might have been had it only been a point of two.   Shane Mc Naughton was outstanding and hurled as well as he has done in a long time.  How the younger brother got staying on as long as he did I'll never no!!!!  He never struck leather in the semi either.  Just were missing that out and out forward.  Saying that Na P were in serious serious shape.  And looked to have improved massively since there semi final win.  Every break fell to a blue jersey and it seemed no matter where they were it was over the bar.  Mc Manus never got going to it was out of reach.   A young team and will be hurting for a day or two. Lessons learned from the experience. On to 2016
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

County lads on tour to London tomorrow
What's the predictions
I think we are due a performance
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

ned

Quote from: auld stock on March 18, 2016, 11:43:19 AM
would just like to say that in my heart of hearts i dont think that even our very best performance today would have beat what na piarsaigh produced. an absolutely super team. skill,running lines,accuracy & frightening speed all over the pitch.they had it all.no shame in defeat for us. did us all proud. around 2-14 is what we have been scoring all year so that tells its own tale.sometimes you just have to suck it up & stand back & admire pure class as you are watching it.to our own boys, what a journey from losing in the feis to cloughmills to the greatest show on earth on paddys day. pure magic.memories to last a lifetime. also the goodwill from all the clubs in the county was evident & very much appreciated. you'll always get a few who like to see people fail but to hell with them!!!  i can honestly say that having experienced the emotion, goodwill,anticipation & feelings of pride that this run provided,i wouldnt begrudge it to anyone. obviously i hope we can win the c'ship again next year to have another crack but if we dont i would support any team from the north goin down.it was an absolute pleasure & gave me memories for myself & family that i wouldnt swap for a billion quid!!! all the best to everyone in the c'ship but of course  UP THE RUAIRIS!!!!

Great post. Long time exile here. Haven't seen much 'live'  hurling for a while but will never forget falling in love with hurling (footballer myself) watching the Shamrocks beating St Rynaghs in the replay all those years ago. Awesome stuff and lasting memories. Was always in awe of the close quarter skills of the great Antrim AI team and remember like it was yesterday Cushendall playing in a tournament in Glenravel,  Sambo surrounded by 3_4 men,  ball on the ground and him coming away with ball in hand. Superb hurler. Those memories will last forever.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Latest: London 0-7 Antrim 0-7

London 0-17 Antrim 0-14 into 2nd half.

London with a goal 1-17 to Antrim's 0-15

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

London now leading by five points London 1-19 Antrim 0-17

north_antrim_hound

Well I suppose they tanked Carlow and we couldn't beat them so maybe no surprise
Still bad

Na Glinntí Glasa

Jaysus boys this is back to what we were.
hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

1-21 to 1-18 now. Nial mc Kenna goal
hurl like f**k boi!

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NAG1