Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Balboa on September 06, 2007, 11:51:52 AM
Would you say this is a recent phenomenon Skull? 3 winners of Senior Championship in 18 years.

Of course its now a recent phenomenon as you have pointed out. Looking forward it is important that some strategy is put in place at county board level with buy in with the clubs to strive to improve standards in every club over the next 10 years. getting hammered every year without having a long term plan teaches the middle order nothing.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Guillem2

I have little confidence in our lads this year but sure we'll head down the country and give it lash anyway. Ballycastle will be strong favorites playing at home butt you never know. Sure we might just catch them on the hop.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Balboa

Milltown, what kind of shape are youse in for the big one on Sunday, winner takes all....... The buzz around Glenariffe is unlike anything i have seen, except maybe for the time the Mariners stayed open all night on New Years Eve 1999......

NAG

I can see that being a nasty enough affair down in Glenariffe with nothing to lose for the glens men and with their track record over the past few years that doesnt bode well.

Balboa

Quote from: NAG on September 07, 2007, 10:57:11 AM
I can see that being a nasty enough affair down in Glenariffe with nothing to lose for the glens men and with their track record over the past few years that doesnt bode well.

Aye Antrim Hospital are sending an air ambulance down and a fleet of ambulances.  ::)  ::)

Guillem2

Don't bring the children to that one.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Balboa

Minor Championship Final

Loughguile 2-15 Cushendall 2-15

Loughguile got a goal deep in injurytime to level it up, excellent game.

Square Ball

Quote from: Balboa on September 07, 2007, 09:53:32 AM
Milltown, what kind of shape are youse in for the big one on Sunday, winner takes all....... The buzz around Glenariffe is unlike anything i have seen, except maybe for the time the Mariners stayed open all night on New Years Eve 1999......

does it ever close?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Balboa

Quote from: Square Ball on September 07, 2007, 11:02:55 PM
Quote from: Balboa on September 07, 2007, 09:53:32 AM

does it ever close?

The front door closes at 11pm.........The licensing laws are very strict in Waterfoot, i remember going to work one Monday morning at 7.30am and was passing the Saffron Bar, 3 or 4 fellas from Loughguile were being let out the front door in a "tired & emotional" state.......

Square Ball

I have been tired and emotional myself in those two establishments myself a fair few times, well mostly the Mariners even remember McNaughtons, well never drank in it, but was in it with a few uncles and all that as a youngster. Mind you the last time I was down in that neck of the woods was for a funeral.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Balboa

Quote from: Square Ball on September 08, 2007, 08:27:46 PM
I have been tired and emotional myself in those two establishments myself a fair few times, well mostly the Mariners even remember McNaughtons, well never drank in it, but was in it with a few uncles and all that as a youngster. Mind you the last time I was down in that neck of the woods was for a funeral.

Mc Naughtons was before my drinking days,was good for a game of snooker though. Mariners has went downhill lately there is usually a bit more life in the Saffron even though its all relative ! Since i live in Belfast now i dont get the chance to frequent them as much as i used to.

slow corner back

Ballycsastle 2-13 Rossa 1-7, poor enough game. Draws made after match C'Dall V Dunloy Ballycastle V Loughgiel. Junior semis Armoy V Cloughmills and Rasharkin V Ballymena. Is that the third year in a row C'Dall and Dunloy have met in the semis? On tonights performance I cannot see Ballycastle having the pace to live with Loughgiel. Having said that I have no idea how Rossa beat C'Dall, Rossa were very poor with only their number 15 making any impression.

Balboa

After todays game i would have to say St Galls are a dual club in name only, their footballers were away playing Ballinderry in a friendly which left them with the bare bones for today. People could say todays match was meaningless but it is still championship.   Anyway that is the phoney war over, when are the semis due to be played?

milltown row

yeah all our dual players went to the football friendly and left us with a team that played the day before in a reserve Championship match against Portaferry, a lot of tired legs on top of the drink i feel like rocky at the minute after thoses two games, body is not as young as it thinks >:(

management was stepping down this year anyhow, but the dealings going on in our club regarding football is crazy

we had 2 16 year olds on yesterday (they played well) 15 players turned up for a home championship match some, players in our club constantly chasing football medals, even if they are just warming the bench with no chance of getting a run out 8 of our firsts were playing football yesterday

Balboa

Why was Aidso Gallagher not away with the footballers Milltown? I only recognised about 6 of your team from earlier in the season when we played youse, we were struggling for numbers yesterday too, a few suspended, a few on holidays.