Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: BigPat83 on December 06, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 06, 2015, 03:06:12 PM
Saul for joining up with the county panel. Good news.
heard that this morning myself.  A club mate of his approached Pj and told him that he was interested in being apart of it. Am sure pj is delighted to have him on board. Great news.

Surely PJ would of approached Saul himself?

BigPat83

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 06, 2015, 07:38:01 PM
heard that this morning myself.  A club mate of his approached Pj and told him that he was interested in being apart of it. Am sure pj is delighted to have him on board. Great news.

he had and Saul had said he couldn't commit. Since then things have changed and a team mate of sauls approached PJ and told him that Saul was now willing to commit.

johnneycool

Quote from: BigPat83 on December 06, 2015, 07:43:52 PM

he had and Saul had said he couldn't commit. Since then things have changed and a team mate of sauls approached PJ and told him that Saul was now willing to commit.

No closed panels or three year plans from PJ?

imtommygunn

Very good player so good to see him in the panel. If he bulked up a bit I think he would be a definite starter and a serious player for us.

Bonamargy

I haven't seen anywhere what motions are being voted on at tonight's convention.

Can anyone post them on here? Thanks in advance.

hurlingstick

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 07, 2015, 12:23:09 PM
Very good player so good to see him in the panel. If he bulked up a bit I think he would be a definite starter and a serious player for us.

He's no need to bulk up at all. He's a flying machine. The year Clare won the All Ireland I was standing on the pitch and was surprised how light the players were. The majority of them a similar build to Saul.

Bonamargy

Quote from: hurlingstick on December 07, 2015, 01:09:59 PM

He's no need to bulk up at all. He's a flying machine. The year Clare won the All Ireland I was standing on the pitch and was surprised how light the players were. The majority of them a similar build to Saul.

I agree Hurlingstick. I wouldn't want to see Saul bulking up either. His strengths are his speed, skill, stick work and elusiveness. Too many young fellas piling on the pounds at the gym and then can't run or perform the way they did before they followed the trend to pound the weights in the gym. Tore Dunloy apart in this years Antrim championship semi final. Saul won North Antrim hurler of the year the way he is now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Jeepers Creepers

Hurling's a game of speed..to many young lads 'bulking up'' which is having a detrimental effect to their game.

BigPat83

Quote from: johnneycool on December 07, 2015, 09:34:18 AM
Quote from: BigPat83 on December 06, 2015, 07:43:52 PM

No closed panels or three year plans from PJ?
no closed panels. If a lad is preforming at the level required he will be there if he wants to be there.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: hurlingstick on December 07, 2015, 01:09:59 PM

+1.  A few of them town lads could do with bulking down. Lol.  Saul is what you want from your star forward. Flying fast and fit. Perfect build.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i agree, Ally Elliott never bulked out at any stage of his career and still tore many a defender a new one each time he played.

Natural skill and pace are hard to beat and Saul has both. A good addition to the panel.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 07, 2015, 05:11:36 PM
i agree, Ally Elliott never bulked out at any stage of his career and still tore many a defender a new one each time he played.

Natural skill and pace are hard to beat and Saul has both. A good addition to the panel.

Saul and Ciaran Clarke arguably the two best players in the Ballycastle team. Certainly the two most dangerous. Both very trim.

theskull1

Agree with points being made. Strong enough to take a hit but fast enough to avoid most of them
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

All change on the county board tonight.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney