Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 13, 2015, 06:42:22 PM
Kevin Ryan for the loughgiel job anyone? ;D
;D

well, at least he might show his face for a change.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 13, 2015, 06:46:00 PM
we are done and dusted now lad.  Dall boys have the bit between the teeth.  10 in a row

What's the record for consecutive championships?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 13, 2015, 07:00:10 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on November 13, 2015, 06:46:00 PM
we are done and dusted now lad.  Dall boys have the bit between the teeth.  10 in a row

What's the record for consecutive championships?
4. Done by Rossa, Dunloy and Loughgiel.

Jesusjones

For what it's worth I am glad PJ got the job. I'm far happier with an Antrim man in charge and he has had the sense to bring good hurling men with him. I don't like outside managers at either club or county level. I don't care what anyone says an outside manager is always there for one of 2 things, the brown envelope or personal progression. I want our best players, Loughgiel's best players and everyone else's best players lining out for Antrim. Ill be at as many matches as possible giving my support.

saffron89

yeah Ryan was a bit of a shambles I think, didn't like our style with him.  I have to say no matter what anyones view of PJ may be  !!!!!!!! he deserves a rip at the job
he landed the all Ireland club title with the shams and is a home town lad.  I just hope everyone buys In with Antrim now.  Realise a few lads are looking a year out for travelling that is  fair enough.  Just hope Graffin, McManus and whatever other major players... continue their commitment with the saffs  Is Michael Wing on his ticket

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on November 13, 2015, 11:50:53 PM
yeah Ryan was a bit of a shambles I think, didn't like our style with him.  I have to say no matter what anyones view of PJ may be  !!!!!!!! he deserves a rip at the job
he landed the all Ireland club title with the shams and is a home town lad.  I just hope everyone buys In with Antrim now.  Realise a few lads are looking a year out for travelling that is  fair enough.  Just hope Graffin, McManus and whatever other major players... continue their commitment with the saffs  Is Michael Wing on his ticket
mickey isn't on the back room team. I posted it a few posts back.

Two Hands FFS

Who's all in for the Loughgiel job?

btdtgtt

Quote from: Jesusjones on November 13, 2015, 11:10:43 PM
For what it's worth I am glad PJ got the job. I'm far happier with an Antrim man in charge and he has had the sense to bring good hurling men with him. I don't like outside managers at either club or county level. I don't care what anyone says an outside manager is always there for one of 2 things, the brown envelope or personal progression. I want our best players, Loughgiel's best players and everyone else's best players lining out for Antrim. Ill be at as many matches as possible giving my support.

Never a truer word spoken.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 13, 2015, 06:22:23 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 13, 2015, 03:34:01 PM
Will JJ and Megaman start to ape SIE and SG's sniping if things arent going well? I hope they'll not be a quick to drag things into the mire.   
so the fact that Kevin Ryan was a major flop was SG'S and my fault? Wind your neck in. I thought you'd a bit more gumption.  ::)

I think you and other like minded people created a negative narrative in regard to KR. Once the negativity sets in its hard to shake off. I'd be worried that their might be other snipers ready to take aim if PJ's tenure hits a rocky patch.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2015, 02:36:49 PM
Will JJ and Megaman start to ape SIE and SG's sniping if things arent going well? I hope they'll not be a quick to drag things into the mire.   
so the fact that Kevin Ryan was a major flop was SG'S and my fault? Wind your neck in. I thought you'd a bit more gumption.  ::)

I think you and other like minded people created a negative narrative in regard to KR. Once the negativity sets in its hard to shake off. I'd be worried that their might be other snipers ready to take aim if PJ's tenure hits a rocky patch.
We created a negative narrative? I don't think so Skull. Ryan  created the negative narrative by his own actions, and his actions alone. And I'm sure there are already snipers waiting in the wings to get at PJ. Both on here and in the ivory towers of the county board.

By the way, it's interesting how you selected SG and myself as the only people posting against Ryan's methods. There were plenty of others which you have chosen not to mention. Speaks volumes.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on November 15, 2015, 02:36:49 PM

for a man that's been around the block like yourself. I'd have thought maybe you'd no that it doesn't matter one f**k what anyone writes here or news papers or wherever.   Managers manage and players play. KR didn't do his job and that's why he's gone.  f**k all to do with SG or SIE
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Megaman

And why would i do that anymore than your good self.

theskull1

Well there was a fair few side wipes at the dall mens influence on KR. Would like to see PJ have a chance to get everyone pulling together again.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on November 16, 2015, 03:40:11 PM
Well there was a fair few side wipes at the dall mens influence on KR. Would like to see PJ have a chance to get everyone pulling together again.
and it was two lads saying this???   I've spoke to 90% of last years county team about the matter.  How's that??   I won't name names.  Fresh start and all that.  Anyone who's with the county this year will be pulling together, I asure you that. I hope Neill doesn't go traveling and hope he continues his recent form into the new year. All hands to the wheel
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Hand up

Loving this new optimism on this thread, Skull is right about the digs SG,it's a pity it took a Loughgiel man to take charge for you to admit Neil's value to the County team. Your best players are on the wain so him and Shorty are the only 2 go men in the forwards unfortunately and With Shorty out of the National League it will be very tough for us to win it.