Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 12, 2015, 09:03:47 AM
Glad to see it sorted out now. Best of luck to him and i hope hes given time to get down to work and get on with the job.

I dont expect to see any massive shock improvements in a year, in fact i would be of the opinion that it could take a few years.

County development squads, minor team etc all are now more important that ever. The future of antrim hurling lies in there and we have got to keep our focus on them and getting them into the adult set up as better players.

Your never far off the mark DR.

bannside

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 12, 2015, 10:46:50 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 12, 2015, 09:03:47 AM
Glad to see it sorted out now. Best of luck to him and i hope hes given time to get down to work and get on with the job.

I dont expect to see any massive shock improvements in a year, in fact i would be of the opinion that it could take a few years.

County development squads, minor team etc all are now more important that ever. The future of antrim hurling lies in there and we have got to keep our focus on them and getting them into the adult set up as better players.

Your never far off the mark DR.

Should of went for an interview myself  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Glad PJ has got the nod and good luck to him - I much prefer a domestic appointment.

On a personal note I just hope he allows our club scene to hurl freely with no hinderence - after all hurling at the lower level we don't need to do the annual counter-productive exercise of wrapping 30 lads in cotton wool and inhibiting the hurling of club players.

PJ was the obvious appointment in my book - let's hope we start taking simple obvious methods to boot. Hurl hurl and keep hurling - improve everyone and the whole scene that's what will lift our level at county.

Megaman

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 12, 2015, 12:32:48 PM
Glad PJ has got the nod and good luck to him - I much prefer a domestic appointment.

On a personal note I just hope he allows our club scene to hurl freely with no hinderence - after all hurling at the lower level we don't need to do the annual counter-productive exercise of wrapping 30 lads in cotton wool and inhibiting the hurling of club players.

PJ was the obvious appointment in my book - let's hope we start taking simple obvious methods to boot. Hurl hurl and keep hurling - improve everyone and the whole scene that's what will lift our level at county.

Also glad of PJ's appointment, glad into didnt end in a total farce.

As for club hurling scene i dont expect he will stand in the way of it too much after all he has said the past few years  (no different than anyone else btw)

i think its a good time to come in, under no real pressure, as the old saying/chant goes, "were sh*t and we know we are", although saying that promotion from Div 2 and Christy Ring winners would be expected.

Good luck to him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on November 12, 2015, 01:11:35 PM

As for club hurling scene i dont expect he will stand in the way of it too much after all he has said the past few years  (no different than anyone else btw)

i think its a good time to come in, under no real pressure, as the old saying/chant goes, "were sh*t and we know we are", although saying that promotion from Div 2 and Christy Ring winners would be expected.

Good luck to him.

Jingo got what was required then.. Christy ring and promotion... And Shafted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pullhard

Will w**ker be back with him?

NAG1

Quote from: pullhard on November 12, 2015, 02:22:05 PM

Think this one is going to run on to the first game  :-\

Seamroga in exile

I'd think there'll be trials and a squad selected from that.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 12, 2015, 02:53:40 PM
I'd think there'll be trials and a squad selected from that.

Best way to have it.

Hopefully we see a good turn out from all the clubs, esp from the younger lads.
hurl like f**k boi!

Megaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 12, 2015, 02:10:40 PM
Quote from: Megaman on November 12, 2015, 01:11:35 PM

Good luck to him.

Jingo got what was required then.. Christy ring and promotion... And Shafted

And that might very well happen again with our crowd again.  ill not even comment on Jingo though  :-X

WhipHerOnJohn

Has Pj's backroom team been confirmed?

Sleeping giant

Yeah. It's been named as 3/4 weeks.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Jesusjones

I wouldn't have thought that PJ would need trails. Surely the benefit of a home grown manager is that he would know the club players and already have a fair idea who he would want on a panel? I hope players from all clubs turn out and buy in. We've some sensational players, some young exciting talent and with a bit of cohesion results could improve fairly quickly.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Jesusjones on November 12, 2015, 08:34:49 PM
I wouldn't have thought that PJ would need trails. Surely the benefit of a home grown manager is that he would know the club players and already have a fair idea who he would want on a panel? I hope players from all clubs turn out and buy in. We've some sensational players, some young exciting talent and with a bit of cohesion results could improve fairly quickly.
out of everyone JJ.  I was waiting to here your input.  I'd say he has an idea of everyone he'd like evolved yes.  But the trials is maybe more for the lad that wouldn't spring to mind to maybe impress and get a chance to prove his worth.  I agree there is a lot of talent there if he can get them to buy in and get the best from them.  I've confidence in him to do so. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.