Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getevennotcross

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 27, 2015, 04:16:22 PM
Congrats to the dall. Best game of the year. I know it's hard to take but ballycastle players can hold their heads high. A different run of luck and those rebounds of the post and Bar would have sneaked in.
Great display and effort by the Town, a young team robbed by the the upright and crossbar. Great experience for them and can only be promising.

Drumadoon, is my steak ready yet?

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Dose any one who was at the game think Ballycastle should have played a sweeper in the second half playing against the wind? I was kind of surprised they didn't.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on September 27, 2015, 07:11:45 PM
Dose any one who was at the game think Ballycastle should have played a sweeper in the second half playing against the wind? I was kind of surprised they didn't.
Low and Hard, I was thinking the same thing myself. May have negated a few score alright.  But The Town can only be proud of their petformance today with such a young inexperienced team. Young Lambs against well serviced Ewes I'd say.

imtommygunn

Very entertaining game. Ballycastle with 4 points in the second half says it all. The wind wasn't THAT bad either but had a bearing alright. Serious pace in some of those ballycastle forwards and mcauley was very good. Young mcnaughton very good though carson the main guy today i thought. Won a lot of ball.

Good crowd there. Good venue and well marshalled by skull etc.

Ref played more advantages than i've ever seen in a match.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 27, 2015, 08:00:57 PM
Very entertaining game. Ballycastle with 4 points in the second half says it all. The wind wasn't THAT bad either but had a bearing alright. Serious pace in some of those ballycastle forwards and mcauley was very good. Young mcnaughton very good though carson the main guy today i thought. Won a lot of ball.

Applied correctly, this can only be a good thing. Long overdue.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

hurlingstick

Eoghan Campbell got forward more in the 2nd half and that had a decent impact. A half back getting a 3 pointer is very helpful. The fact that Conor Carson won a lot of high ball in the 2nd half was the platform for the comeback. Strange game of hurling. Thought Stevie McGarry was unlucky to be taken off. TT Butler's first score was a beaut.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 27, 2015, 08:11:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 27, 2015, 08:00:57 PM

Applied correctly, this can only be a good thing. Long overdue.

Agreed. Campbell was very good yes. Very athletic which cushendall needed as they were struggling a bit for pace.

imtommygunn

Cushendall's goals both came from runs ripping through the centre of ballycastle defense then a simple lay off. Sweeper may have helped stop that. 

Ballycastle are young though. If they keep going they could get a championship out of that team.

auld stock

balls.great big balls  ;)

ashman

Quote from: auld stock on September 27, 2015, 10:17:19 PM

Is having the final outside of casement a good thing ??

Are cushendall good enough to challenge for an all Ireland club ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ashman on September 27, 2015, 11:12:38 PM

Nope... I've been down to all their games over last few years... Just seem to miss that special quality to engineer a win... Always competitive but miss that something.... I hope they do break that duck as the lads that have tried over the years deserve it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2015, 11:19:41 PM

Nope... I've been down to all their games over last few years... Just seem to miss that special quality to engineer a win... Always competitive but miss that something.... I hope they do break that duck as the lads that have tried over the years deserve it

They won't even win ulster

imtommygunn

The atmosphere is considerably better out of casement. Borderline full house as opposed to a 2/3 empty stadium. Should have been out of it for years!

pullhard

I've friends in both camps. was leaning for the town on this one.

Sounded like a class game. I think the town will win within the next few years, There management need credit for stepping in mid season.

The dall done so well to not get shell shocked after that powerful start from the town. I really hope we as a county can get behind them, it'd be great for them and Antrim if they were to lift sliver on St Paddy's.

theskull1

And yet an all we have leadership who convince us that playing in what will be a 1/7th full swanky new stadium will help promote our games  :-\

Its a complete no brainer. Attendances have went up and atmosphere better BECAUSE both the size and the location (for neutrals) made people want to go.

Really enjoyed the game. Some super play and scores from both teams. Ballycastle just weren't battle hardened enough to hold onto their lead. Cushendall sensed the fear of losing and went for it. Owen Campbell's goal one of the best ever in big club game.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera