Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Cushendun couldn't get a team yesterday, sad to see as in my playing days, they were hard games.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 09, 2015, 09:23:06 PM
Didn't I tell you lot Dunloy were favorites for the championship!!

Dunloy 3-17 Cushendall 3-12.

;D

Was an odd game yday, very dead atmosphere but a really good scoring one. Both teams played well in periods and took some nice scores.

We must be favs to win it now surely?

Lgiel could only score 3 goals against Cloney and we hit 5, means were a better team does it not? lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

We've still injuries that are worrying and the players who have recently came back need time to get back up to speed and get some match sharpness. Only 2 league matches left to try and get things right before Championship quarter final. Tough to compete in these circumstances. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 10, 2015, 01:22:24 PM
We've still injuries that are worrying and the players who have recently came back need time to get back up to speed and get some match sharpness. Only 2 league matches left to try and get things right before Championship quarter final. Tough to compete in these circumstances.

Johnnies hurled well enough yesterday, still feel they are missing 2/3 forwards to actually do some harm.. they should give youse a game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 10, 2015, 01:22:24 PM

a lot of teams in the same boat JJ. we have struggled all season with it. Nice to see alot of them back again but as you say, takes time to get up to speed again.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hand up

Agree DR  Strange game, for our prospective we'd have been delighted with some of the scores in the first half and our forwards actually moved well, although having Niel and Shane back gave up more quality that we previously had on show, no disprespect to the lads who have filled in. Although the scores we conceded after scoring goals is a worry, some lads not hurling well in the back line, we are too loose.
The 2nd half with the wind was a total let down on our behalf, the work rate and intensity dropped considerably and perhaps The midfield tired which was to be expected. Dunloy must have been delighted, I'd say their best showing of the year, hand up I'd have said previously they have no chance for the championship now if they push on, why not?? Shorty was again immense yesterday, and Nigel gave Ryan a torrid day , if those 2 remain fit!!

imtommygunn

Cushendall always seem to struggle with NIgel Elliot. He's cleaned them out a few times I've seen them play.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hand up on August 10, 2015, 02:39:35 PM
Agree DR  Strange game, for our prospective we'd have been delighted with some of the scores in the first half and our forwards actually moved well, although having Niel and Shane back gave up more quality that we previously had on show, no disprespect to the lads who have filled in. Although the scores we conceded after scoring goals is a worry, some lads not hurling well in the back line, we are too loose.
The 2nd half with the wind was a total let down on our behalf, the work rate and intensity dropped considerably and perhaps The midfield tired which was to be expected. Dunloy must have been delighted, I'd say their best showing of the year, hand up I'd have said previously they have no chance for the championship now if they push on, why not?? Shorty was again immense yesterday, and Nigel gave Ryan a torrid day , if those 2 remain fit!!

yeah prob the best ive seen us play this year. Any time ive seen the games we have been grand in spells and then all over the place and conceded daft scores and possession.

Still its good to see a decent perfomance for a change.

Someone joked yday that theres a danger of us getting into the final! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Sure you'll be in the final handy enough DR. Yourselves and Loughgiel...

Na Glinntí Glasa

himmm i wouldnt be as confident. You never know what sort of performance we could come up with next game.

I will see how we fare against Portaferry this sunday and see if we play the same way again or its back to the same old.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

When are the first games in the championship?

theskull1

See our corner back Adam has a broken bone (or two) in the hand after Sundays game. It happens sure and was on the ball ... but I was struck by (what I consider) the intent of his opponent in the minutes before he got the blow when the game wasn't going in his favor .... a trait I've seen from him on several occasions in similar circumstances. That wicked drop shot is not just being used just to move the ball on. A hurler who is overly interested in the man very soon finds out its a two way street.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on August 11, 2015, 09:51:55 AM
See our corner back Adam has a broken bone (or two) in the hand after Sundays game. It happens sure and was on the ball ... but I was struck by (what I consider) the intent of his opponent in the minutes before he got the blow when the game wasn't going in his favor .... a trait I've seen from him on several occasions in similar circumstances. That wicked drop shot is not just being used just to move the ball on. A hurler who is overly interested in the man very soon finds out its a two way street.

I can think of one or two others who have used that drop shot in the past and IMO very little if any of it had to do with playing the ball.

north_antrim_hound

Which Adam was it skull
O kane or mullan
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Last Man

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on August 11, 2015, 10:13:31 AM

Which Adam was it skull
O kane or mullan
I've a fair idea who you are talking about and there's certainly a rude awaking waiting for him in the near future if someone doesn't have a word in his ear soon.