Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2015, 12:30:14 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 09, 2015, 12:27:16 AM
Quote from: Minder on August 09, 2015, 12:00:58 AM
Cloughmills beat us by a goal tonight in Ballycastle, gale force wind so we were 0-11 to 0-2 up at HT, but had a man sent off in first half. Weather ruined the game & the ref was about as inept as I have seen in a while.
Milltown Row?

Sorry not guilty.....
I knew it wasn't you but sure you're not welcome in Ballycastle anyway

WTF u on about?

Nail on the head mr2. Glenarriffe discipline non existent. Resorted to dirty slaps early doors left referee with little choice really. How many times over the years have u had men sent off in championship minder and blamed the ref? Cloughmills played well though and could've won by more.

Hand up

Re WTF let's face it if you where a betting man, you'd pick one of the McDonnell's to get the road, they just take it in turns!! What I cant understand is why their teammates aren't cracking up with them constantly letting the Team/Club down? It's been said on here and elsewhere  many times before, than unless they sort their discipline out they'll never be a serious team,unfortunately!!
Our Reserves where beat tonight by Portaferry , as much by our own management as anything, childlike organisation again!! Very disappointing as with the team we have out against Dunloy would   have been favourites, but got beat by a hungrier team I'm told!!

Jesusjones

Hand up, I was at the game in portaferry. I arrived half an hour before throw in. Our lads were already on the pitch warming up. We had 15 capable hurler on the pitch, many of them just didn't perform. Sometimes the players have to take responsibility.

WTF u on about?

Quote from: Hand up on August 09, 2015, 02:37:43 AM

Re WTF let's face it if you where a betting man, you'd pick one of the McDonnell's to get the road, they just take it in turns!! What I cant understand is why their teammates aren't cracking up with them constantly letting the Team/Club down? It's been said on here and elsewhere  many times before, than unless they sort their discipline out they'll never be a serious team,unfortunately!!
Our Reserves where beat tonight by Portaferry , as much by our own management as anything, childlike organisation again!! Very disappointing as with the team we have out against Dunloy would   have been favourites, but got beat by a hungrier team I'm told!!

Discipline is such a huge part of the game these days. U just can't go out and start taking the heads off boys "cos its championship "   U have to play it a bit smarter than that. Anybody from loughgiel will tell u they didn't start winning until they sorted out their discipline. Just watch how many frees they give away inside the scoring area I'd say u could count it on one hand every match.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WTF u on about? on August 09, 2015, 12:24:20 PM
Quote from: Hand up on August 09, 2015, 02:37:43 AM

Discipline is such a huge part of the game these days. U just can't go out and start taking the heads off boys "cos its championship "   U have to play it a bit smarter than that. Anybody from loughgiel will tell u they didn't start winning until they sorted out their discipline. Just watch how many frees they give away inside the scoring area I'd say u could count it on one hand every match.

You'd far rather let a man shoot under pressure than an easy free.... fitness and discipline are key factors without either of these you're a beaten team....

Good few games today... weather seems fine so the referee will be to blame mainly today !!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Just arrived at the Croke park hotel.
Hope u guys are all supporting the deise today!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on August 09, 2015, 01:12:32 PM
some of us prefer the Gresham.  ;). The minor match isn't half bad ,
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Result from division 1. Clooney gaels 0-14 shamrocks 3-27

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 09, 2015, 03:01:31 PM
Champions elect  ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on August 09, 2015, 03:31:36 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 09, 2015, 03:01:31 PM
Champions elect  ;)
ah no. Cushendall team to beat. Reigning champions.

Jesusjones

Didn't I tell you lot Dunloy were favorites for the championship!!

Dunloy 3-17 Cushendall 3-12.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on August 09, 2015, 09:23:06 PM

Good result but Dunloy always seem to do well against Cushendall, any fire and brimstone in the game?? Teams must be finalising their best 15 for championship now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on August 09, 2015, 02:30:02 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on August 09, 2015, 01:12:32 PM
some of us prefer the Gresham.  ;). The minor match isn't half bad ,

SiE the minor game was great fare - I never cease to be amazed by the size of some of these young lads. They are a different breed to our sort. Any suggestions as to why?

I take the senior defeat well because the best team won. Waterford did the county proud but I never thought there was anything other than a Kilkenny win. TJ & Richie are just incredible hurlers - but Waterford are young and hopefully Croke park will turn into a nicer place in years to come.

Just checking Antrim results online. Some interesting stuff before championship!
The johnnies remain the most relevant city team but can they trouble cushendall?
Rossa have the best draw but are they able for senior championship hurling?
Loughuile have the best panel - but can anyone pip them 15 v 15?
It's back to club championship time now and really looking forward to it.

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 09, 2015, 11:45:14 PM
Quote from: Jesusjones on August 09, 2015, 09:23:06 PM

Good result but Dunloy always seem to do well against Cushendall, any fire and brimstone in the game?? Teams must be finalising their best 15 for championship now

Was played at a good pace and intensity with 100% effort from both teams.   
You'd have thought there'd be more 'neutrals' at the game seeing as the favourites for the championship were playing each other. Didn't see many. Strange that  ::)   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera