Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Quote from: North Antrim on August 17, 2007, 04:08:33 PM
i think it was mickey Dallat and not his twin Peter he was referring too. Better player, more committed and if given rite direction will make a very good club player but unfortnuately dont think will make senior county. He marked young Brick the other nite - dalls best player and the two broke even.....Brick really only contributing from frees

Maybe Balboa will have an opinion....hes seem to have on everything else

Nothing to add.

Glensman

Get a room North Antrim and Balboa.

Cloughmills won with a bit to spare Girt.

Craigyhill Terror

The McCaughan Cup final was close at half-time, 0-9 to 1-2 for Cloughmills. I think they thought it would be easier than it was turning out. They scored a goal within a minute of the restart, generally stepped things up and eased away with it from there.

maxpower

i see ourselves and loughgiel are both down to play in the city tomorrow night for 6:45pm, i think both ourselves and st galls are still unbeaten so should be an interesting tussle
What happens next????

SeanSouth

Quote from: maxpower on August 21, 2007, 08:52:38 AM
i see ourselves and loughgiel are both down to play in the city tomorrow night for 6:45pm, i think both ourselves and st galls are still unbeaten so should be an interesting tussle

"Interesting"? The match will be over in the 1st half, St Galls are unbeaten because they have only played Lamh Dhearg as yet.

Antrim Coaster

Glensman, I assume you haven't checked the results section on the county and North Antrim websites by chance. If you do, you'll find that Latharna Og have won several fixtures this season, at senior and underage level. So there is no need for Larne to import shinty players on the boat or anywhere else to play our national game as the club has a thriving youth set up with 2 players on the Antrim U-16 development squad. In case you are not aware, the hurling club in Larne was founded 42 years ago in 1965 and had to put up with the usual hassle from the usual suspects until recently when they opened their second pitch closer to the town, where the McCaughan Cup final was played last week. The McCaughan Cup was presented to the North Antrim board in memory of James McCaughan, founding member and driving force behind the Latharna Og club, especially when times were bad in the late 80's and 90's.
You may have previously attended a hurling match or two at Larne's other pitch in Feystown.

Glensman

Antrim Coaster

Apologies if in any way my flippant remarks appeared derogatory. There were not intended to do so in the slightest. From the rest of my post I hope it is clear that I am utterly impressed by what has gone and is going on in Larne and that I have the utmost respect for the people involved.
I stayed for the presentation of the cup by James McCaughan's granddaughter I think (his son was running the show otherwise), which was nice and you could see that his son was a little moved.
I never actually made it to Feystown.

All the best anyway and avoid taking things so seriously...if you take half of the stuff on here that way you'd be forever pulling people up on things - I used to.

milltown row

Quote from: SeanSouth on August 21, 2007, 09:15:23 AM
Quote from: maxpower on August 21, 2007, 08:52:38 AM

"Interesting"? The match will be over in the 1st half, St Galls are unbeaten because they have only played Lamh Dhearg as yet.

yes sean south we only beat lamhs late on and it was not a good game. i dont think we have ever ran out easy winners against Lamhs. as it's never a proper game, too many fouls and vendettas going around to let the game flow.

tonights game will be tough for us Dunloy seem to be hitting top gear at the minute and hopefully we will put up some resistance. we have too many away at the minute from our senior team to put in a challenge. the footballers can absorb this, we (hurlers) cant

max i see you seem to bring on Ally in the second half. is this in every game this year? and your under 21 play the final this week will they all be playing tonight or will you play some of your panel instead.

Glenariff beat us in the league this year at home so you should walk it tonight ::)

maxpower

Milltown row, what was it Ger Loughnane said 'I'm not going to tell Tipp our team, if i'd my way i wouldn't even tell them the time for throw in'  or words to that effect.

I wish the match was going to be as easy as you/others have been trying to suggest but the reality is we know we are in for a battle, never won handily in Milltown and in what is effectively a SHC Quarter final i don't expect tonight to be any different.

A bit dissapointed with the timing of the game, its not easy to get up to belfast fo 6pm, would it not have made more sense to play this game last sunday, it would also have given your boys more time to prepare for the football
What happens next????

Balboa

Is the match at 6.45pm and are youse charging in?? I dont think i have ever seen anyone lifting money at your place, i suppose that its championship the usual lackeys from Casement will be there.

NAG

Balboa

There is only ever a gate lifted in belfast when the north antrim teams are involved, its not worth their while otherwise.

milltown row

max we tried to have the game played at the weekend we would have prefered the game then. it's tough on you coming down we are down to loughgiel next friday night for 6.30 the football championships have been fixed for the weekend and the majority of our players play for the football team.

i'm sure you will be down in good time and well warmed up for the match, we've been hammpered this year with various things but hopefully the lads will be up for a good entertaining match.

i believe youse are ten points better off. good conditions tonight should make the game flow.

ill say sorry now for the changing rooms. i'll head up early today and try and clean them out. the home rooms are no better.

balboa, have you anything good to say? lately you seem to be pissed off :'(

NAG

Milltown

What is the good word on the changing rooms?

Are there any plans to have them knocked down and rebuilt or any sort of solution in the near future?

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on August 22, 2007, 09:51:24 AM

balboa, have you anything good to say? lately you seem to be pissed off :'(

Have i missed something, what did i say that wasnt "good"? That i have never seen a gate being lifted in Milltown ? ???

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG on August 22, 2007, 09:55:06 AM
Milltown

What is the good word on the changing rooms?

Are there any plans to have them knocked down and rebuilt or any sort of solution in the near future?

Can I have the bangor blue slates?