north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Megaman on March 09, 2015, 03:36:43 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on March 09, 2015, 03:15:52 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 03:05:05 PM
Quote from: BlacknAmber on March 09, 2015, 12:43:07 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 11:57:06 AM
Quote from: BlacknAmber on March 09, 2015, 09:53:01 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 08, 2015, 04:48:09 PM
As past few games it's been all wrong in my opinion. Don't mean to be hating.  The smallest man on the feild lining out at 11. We've a young lad that recived an u21 all start as a forward sitting on the bench,And we insist on playing young Donnelly. Big slow and awkward. Out of postion.  I've heard a few hurlers say. When Ryan has something in his head. That's it. Seems to be true. We also need someone at wing half to come onto high balls. We've 3 of our best defenders in the full back line.  Id like to see NMA or RMC out there.  And if donnelly isn't good enough for the fullback line.  He isn't good enough.

Can I ask what player are you referring to here?
Stephen Mc Afee, no??
Yes, I thought that was who you were referring to....I just wanted to be sure before jumping in because that same wee hurler (loaded with talent, pace and youth) wasn't even afforded the opportunity yesterday to grace the bench despite his commitment to training and county over the past few years.  No breezing in or breezing out yet dropped without so much as reason/indication why.
why you ask?  because it's a circus that's being run. Drop a naturally gifted forward and play a naturally gifted donkey.

I think you are out of line referring to any player who trains and puts in effort to represent his County/Club in this manner.  Just because he's not the type of player you'd like to see in this position doesn't give you the right to attack him anonymously from behind a keyboard.  It's childish and if truth be told, bullying.

+1

This Donkey as you call him will most likely still be there giving his all for his county while others will have spat out the dummy long ago blaming all around them except themselves.
+1
Matty was trying hard yesterday he just can't get where he wants to go fast enough
No need for insults
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

£13 into a match to get frozen at, with basic facilities was a bit much. fair play to armoy for putting the game on and hosting but it isnt a county ground. None of the other grounds in the county are playable. Ours is closed till May so its a def no to let it grow back again after being drained.

Also the crowd that attended is a reflection of where antrim hurling is at the moment.

hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Apologies for the name calling. I get frustrated sometimes.  Obviously gives his all.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Mcquillans supporter

Think that's terrible what you just said there.  Would you call the fella from lgiel that came on against Limerick the same came on and was terrible first thing he done was hand pass the ball straight to Limerick man and then missed a sideline cut. But harsh on Matthew we know the county playing him out of his position

Sham Man

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 03:51:36 PM
Apologies for the name calling. I get frustrated sometimes.  Obviously gives his all.
We al get frustrated SG, but no need for slighting Matty at all, totally uncalled for.  I applaud you though, at least you had the fortitude to correct yourself an apologise!  ;)  I can think of many others who wouldnae.  :-[ :-X
Shamrocks are winners!

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on March 09, 2015, 06:38:44 PM
Think that's terrible what you just said there.  Would you call the fella from lgiel that came on against Limerick the same came on and was terrible first thing he done was hand pass the ball straight to Limerick man and then missed a sideline cut. But harsh on Matthew we know the county playing him out of his position
prob wouldn't no, but the way things are going,theyll be none of my club mates on it soon.  Again. Sorry for making it personal with MD

Mcquillans supporter

your goalkeeper will be there . Is this lgiels fault or just a fall out with the county?

hurlingstick

Think we're all fed up with the performance. The man apologized which speaks volumes. Say what you want about KR but he is waking Antrim hurling up to the realisation of the type of commitment required. As far as he's concerned you can commit fully or f@#k off. It's the only way. Some players are embracing it and others are fighting it. It's cost us some good players so far but so be it. It's what we have to do long term.

north_antrim_hound

He said sorry so let's drop it
mc Fadden wasn't playing on Sunday which was strange
If loughgeil had the best six forwards in the county I would ha e no problem with them starting
LG have been very organised at getting there forward space at club level
When they are going well it was nice to watch
Unfortunately county defenders are quicker thinking and usually have more pace and stronger
Different game all together
Ii think this is why Eddie struggled a bit with the saffron jersey on
You have to be able to contest and win 50/50 ball at county level or have a unit that can create the space with defenders delivering with pin point Accuracy to where he's running
A good corner back will be there before you anyway. You just won't open up defences as easy
The conditions where faster yesterday than v Limerick and in the second half we where behind the play big time
Young Clarke had a good game on hickey two weeks ago, but yesterday's conditions would have been a different story

Bonamargy

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 06:59:02 PM
Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on March 09, 2015, 06:38:44 PM
prob wouldn't no, but the way things are going,theyll be none of my club mates on it soon.  Again. Sorry for making it personal with MD

SG that is not good at all, engage the brain before hitting post the next time. You will not get a more committed hurler anywhere in this county. If only there were more like him, we would be in a much better place as a county.

Sleeping giant

Look.  I said am sorry for making it personal, but don't say we'd be in a better place with 15 Matty donnellys.  That's just being silly.

Bonamargy

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 08:25:06 PM
Look.  I said am sorry for making it personal, but don't say we'd be in a better place with 15 Matty donnellys.  That's just being silly.

Commitment SG, Commitment!! If only more players gave the same commitment as him we would be in a better place!

Sleeping giant

Look. If it suits a lad to go and give his all to be played out of postion that's fine.  But it also suits other lads not to go and be treated as if your in a prison camp.

WTF u on about?

Right fair enough I think we've established that Matty is a committed hurler. But we've also established that he's not a forward! Does he himself not tell kr look I'm a back not a forward! Am I wasting my time here because Ill only ever be a makeshift full forward! There's being committed then there's deluding urself.
Round pegs in round holes please. If we don't have a big full forward good enough then don't play with one then work a game plan around our small quick men.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 09, 2015, 08:35:39 PM
Look. If it suits a lad to go and give his all to be played out of postion that's fine.  But it also suits other lads not to go and be treated as if your in a prison camp.

Prison camp is the Wrong terminology
Discipline is the word your looking
The same dicipline as the players they are competing against
Jim Nelson passed away today God rest him
And as far I remeber he expected the same and took no shit
I think it worked out pretty well for antrim
Demands are higher these days but if we are going to compete we have to be training as hard if not harder than the big guns and toe the line or walk away
If our county's better players don't get that then fine we will go with the committee ones