Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingstick

Agreed Bonamargy. We should have been hitting scores from 65/midfield or dropping it on top of Matt. We did neither.

hurlingstick

1. R. McGarry - 7
2. R. McCambridge - 8
3. N. McCauley - 8
4. A. Griffin -7
5. S. McCrory -7
6. D. McKinley - 7
7. M. Bradley - 7
8. N. McManus - 7
9. C. Johnson - 7
10. E. Campbell - 5
11. D. McKiernan - 5
12. P. Shiels - 8 (our motm - AGAIN)
13. PJ. O'Connell - 5
14. N. McKenna - 5
15. C.Clarke - 6

Anyone at the game today want to share their thoughts?

btdtgtt

Agreed on shiels. Great player and athlete.

Seamroga in exile

Shorty is a class player. No doubt about it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

I've just received a text  informing me of the sad news that the great man that was Jim Nelson passed away this morning. RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.  :'(
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

That's very sad.

RIP Jim. :(

btdtgtt

Jim will be sorely missed.
Has been unwell for some time was carried illness with his usual class and humility.
What he did in 89 was nothing compared to being a father in a wonderful family.
Met Hugh and Ciara recently and thinking of them both at this time.

BlacknAmber

Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 08, 2015, 04:48:09 PM
As past few games it's been all wrong in my opinion. Don't mean to be hating.  The smallest man on the feild lining out at 11. We've a young lad that recived an u21 all start as a forward sitting on the bench,And we insist on playing young Donnelly. Big slow and awkward. Out of postion.  I've heard a few hurlers say. When Ryan has something in his head. That's it. Seems to be true. We also need someone at wing half to come onto high balls. We've 3 of our best defenders in the full back line.  Id like to see NMA or RMC out there.  And if donnelly isn't good enough for the fullback line.  He isn't good enough.

Can I ask what player are you referring to here?

Jeepers Creepers

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 09, 2015, 09:52:48 AM
Jim will be sorely missed.
Has been unwell for some time was carried illness with his usual class and humility.
What he did in 89 was nothing compared to being a father in a wonderful family.
Met Hugh and Ciara recently and thinking of them both at this time.

Sad news, always carried himself with dignity. A thinking man in hurling, sparse on the ground in the north.

RIP Jim.

Íseal agus crua isteach a

"We are Jim Nelsons' men" very sad to hear a bout Jim an Antrim hurling legend. I live in Chicago and a lot of older stock speak well of him out here. Hard to believe after the 1989 final that twenty odd years later he would get one over Ken Hogan by contributing to Loughiels success. Mary Queen of the Gael pray for him. 

btdtgtt

Jim was held in high regard in every club he worked with - his own St pauls and Loughgiel and his daughter Ciara played Camogie with Rossa he helped there.
On the same street lived Jim Nelson (St Pauls), Eamon and Aiden Hamill (Rossa), Tommy Hall (RIP - St Johns) and Jim Herron (Lamh Dearg) - just round the corner is Sean McGuinness (Sarsfields) house.
I dare say there was some converstaions over the garden fences!
Jim was a real gentleman, softly spoken but that hid a real passion within him.

Sleeping giant

Rest in peace Jim. Very sad news indeed
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: BlacknAmber on March 09, 2015, 09:53:01 AM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on March 08, 2015, 04:48:09 PM
As past few games it's been all wrong in my opinion. Don't mean to be hating.  The smallest man on the feild lining out at 11. We've a young lad that recived an u21 all start as a forward sitting on the bench,And we insist on playing young Donnelly. Big slow and awkward. Out of postion.  I've heard a few hurlers say. When Ryan has something in his head. That's it. Seems to be true. We also need someone at wing half to come onto high balls. We've 3 of our best defenders in the full back line.  Id like to see NMA or RMC out there.  And if donnelly isn't good enough for the fullback line.  He isn't good enough.

Can I ask what player are you referring to here?
Stephen Mc Afee, no??
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

north_antrim_hound

R I P Jim
his contribution to  Antrim hurling is still unsurpassed and all done with a certain style and class
Thoughts are with his family and friends
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets