Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

theres other motions that are on the antrim gaa page but i cant rem what the outcome was. they were the likes of the fines, insurances etc.

maybe someone else who was at it can confirm the outcome
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 09, 2014, 09:54:43 AM
Quote from: Bonamargy on December 09, 2014, 08:44:48 AM
Any news on what was agreed at last nights county convention? What did they agree to regarding the proposed changes to league structures?

my aul boy was at it. this is what i could rem that happened from the notes he took. correct me if im wrong on any of it.

Motion 3
That the Senior and Senior reserve hurling leagues be a 2 way league in 2015
Ruairi Og
approved

Motion 4
At the end of the 2015 season the divisions 1,2,3 & 4 of the Antrim Hurling leagues revert back to 8 team leagues playing home and away with 2 up and 2 down each year
Antrim CCC
approved

Motion 6
That all county league competitions at u16, u18 and reserve in both football and Hurling can be played with a minimum of 13 players.
If one team only has 13 the opposition has to play with 13 to match them
If one team only has 14 the opposition has to play with 14 to match them
If both teams have 15 players then they play 15 a side
Antrim CCC
approved

Ruin 4
That the Reserve Cup in Hurling be graded on the league positions at a specified date by CCC (probably the end of August)
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5
Teams 1,2,3,4, to have home advantage. Open draw to determine semi-final pairings
Antrim CCC
approved

Ruin 4
That the u21 football championship be scheduled to run from the last week in May to the last week in June
Miceal Mac Daibheid
not approved

Ruin 5
That the Ruairi Og proposal passed at convention in 2009, allowing 2 Senior graded players to play in reserve league games – be adopted into the County league regulations.
Ruairi Og
approved

I hope we're in a position to avail of the one promotion spot out of Div2 as there'll be three going down out if it!!

Bonamargy

Thanks DR

JohnneyCool. If all 4 hurling divisions are reverting to eight teams and they are allowing one team to be promoted in all divisions this year. That would mean:

3 are relegated from div one and only one team promoted from division 2 to make division one an eight team league.

This would leave 12 in division 2 plus one coming up from division 3 makes 13. They will have to relegate the bottom 5 from division 2 to achieve their aim of an 8 team league. Is that correct???

johnneycool

Quote from: Bonamargy on December 09, 2014, 11:52:16 AM
Thanks DR

JohnneyCool. If all 4 hurling divisions are reverting to eight teams and they are allowing one team to be promoted in all divisions this year. That would mean:

3 are relegated from div one and only one team promoted from division 2 to make division one an eight team league.

This would leave 12 in division 2 plus one coming up from division 3 makes 13. They will have to relegate the bottom 5 from division 2 to achieve their aim of an 8 team league. Is that correct???

That would be my take on it!

Will get messy especially if a few games are not played right to the depths of winter!

btdtgtt

Quote from: johnneycool on December 09, 2014, 12:10:53 PM
Thanks DR

Will get messy especially if a few games are not played right to the depths of winter!

So next year - it'd better to win Division 2 than to come 3rd bottom in Division 1?

themac_23

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 09, 2014, 12:17:27 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on December 09, 2014, 12:10:53 PM
Thanks DR

So next year - it'd better to win Division 2 than to come 3rd bottom in Division 1?

I could be wrong here but at the minute we have 10 teams in div 1, 10 in div 2, 9 in div 3 and 7 in div 4, thats 36 teams, 4 divisions of 8 would equal 32 teams, what about the other 4? or am i looking at something wrong?

Na Glinntí Glasa

i would say the bottom league could have more teams in it. Ballymena are not in good shape with regards to hurling. chat of them scrapping senior and concentrating on under age only.

i think its two down 1 up next year and then the same the year after to bring it to 8 teams for div1?

the reserve championship idea isnt great. its hardly fair to have it top v bottom in a championship draw.

whats wrong with straight forward open draws lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Bonamargy

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 09, 2014, 01:15:26 PM
i would say the bottom league could have more teams in it. Ballymena are not in good shape with regards to hurling. chat of them scrapping senior and concentrating on under age only.

i think its two down 1 up next year and then the same the year after to bring it to 8 teams for div1?

the reserve championship idea isnt great. its hardly fair to have it top v bottom in a championship draw.

There was a separate motion from Ruairi Óg (motion 5) to phase the numbers down, but the motion that you posted above (motion 4) which was proposed by CCC was asking all 4 divisions of hurling to revert to 8 team leagues at the end of the 2015 season. That being the case then it won't be 2 down and 1 up in division 1???

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 09, 2014, 01:15:26 PM

would say that will be how it does pan out, 3 divisions of 8 then the rest in division 4, im sure some clubs wont be happy but its up to themselves to get their own house in order and get out of the division they are in. Like all new formats and changes there will be teething problems but (hopefully) will work itself out.

Tony Baloney

What is the longest period there has been with no changes to league structure?!  :-\

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 09, 2014, 01:48:39 PM
What is the longest period there has been with no changes to league structure?!  :-\

we are the original 'tinkermen' in honour of your avatar's fellow country man!

As I said earlier, could be a 6 team league unless it is played with some seriousness its won't make a blind bit of difference to hurling development.

btdtgtt

Sorry if this has been answered but:

Is the team third from bottom of Divison 1 at the end of next season relegated?
Whilst the team at the top of Division 2 is promoted?

If this is the case I'm not sure why we i don't believe the top division 2 team would be better given the chance in the top flight as with normal promotion relegation with bottom teams concerned?

There should be a play-off here given the dis-parity of number due to re-structure?

Oh hold on - the leagues will probably be re-re-re-re-re-structured by then anyway? ;) ;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

ive always thought 1 up 1 down along with a playoff match between 2nd bottom and 2nd top for Div1/2 would of been a good idea.

or even 2nd 3rd and 4th along with 2nd bottom in div 1 in a one off game with each other and then the winners in a final to decide who goes into div1.

would make it more exciting near the end of the season to get into Div 1.

ah jaysus now im tinkering with the league set up lol
hurl like f**k boi!

CentreHalfBack

1.   Ballycran
2.   Ruairi Og
3.   Loughgiel
4.   Ballycastle
5.   Dunloy
6.   Portaferry
7.   St Johns
8.   Ballygalget

9.   St Galls
10.   Sarsfields
11.   Rossa
12.   Clooney Gaels
13.   Carey Faughs
14.   Glenariff
15.   Clockmills
16.   St Pauls

17.   Gort na Mona
18.   Cushendun
19.   Tir Na nOg
20.   Bredagh
21.   Armoy
22.   Creggan
23.   Lamh Dhearg
24.   St Enda's

25.   Rasharkin
26.   Shane O'Neills
27.   St Teresa's
28.   Na Magha
29.   St Agnes'
30.   Glenravel
31.   O'Donnells
32.   Davitts

33.   Ballymena
34.   Belfast Shamrocks
35.   Larne
36.   Ballyvarley

How the leagues would look going on how they finished this year. The only reason for this 'restructure' = to suit our county teams!
New season - new reason

johnneycool

No it wouldn't, st galls finished above us