Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on October 19, 2014, 05:22:06 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 19, 2014, 05:20:28 PM
Slaughtneil are Derry football champions. What a year for them. They'll be buzzing for next Sunday.
If they get outta Celtic Park alive.....
I dare say they can hold their own.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ManInBlackandGreen

Word coming through about Ref getting roughed up at lamhs v creggan game this afternoon, supporters and players having a go, end of year madness descends once more. Lads not fearing suspensions this time of year, wee man will love this.

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on October 19, 2014, 08:30:33 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on October 19, 2014, 08:24:26 PM
Word coming through about Ref getting roughed up at lamhs v creggan game this afternoon, supporters and players having a go, end of year madness descends once more. Lads not fearing suspensions this time of year, wee man will love this.
WTF? Just saw the score, a 15 point watering match. How could the ref get the blame??
Lamhs are nowhere near Creggans level this season but i get the impression from a few of their fellas that they were seriously going for a promotion spot. GD will be getting full value now.

Gizzy15

Quote from: Last Man on October 19, 2014, 08:55:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 19, 2014, 08:30:33 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on October 19, 2014, 08:24:26 PM
WTF? Just saw the score, a 15 point watering match. How could the ref get the blame??
Lamhs are nowhere near Creggans level this season but i get the impression from a few of their fellas that they were seriously going for a promotion spot. GD will be getting full value now.

Common denominator me thinks.

btdtgtt

Poor Garrett - lovely bloke just out doing his best for the game.  ;)

getevennotcross

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 19, 2014, 09:21:11 PM
Poor Garrett - lovely bloke just out doing his best for the game.  ;)
Most likely, just another case of attention seeking and further attempts to raise personal profile with the County Exec??? Maybe not. ???

On another related note, there is a propensity to knock our county board here.  Worth remembering all the same, we are all culpable, make mistakes and lets not forget, we are all volunteers.

With regard to the Lamhs v Ciceams shamozzle, Liathróidi (cojones)as before, are sure to drop off again. On good authority, I hear he is bidding fo County Chairmans position next, but you cannot always believe what your'e told?

me blowlamp has just run out of gas, anyone got two 90 degree compression bends?

blueblood

It was just handbags I hear nothing to write home about, who's running for chairman? Duffy?

Na Glinntí Glasa

ahoghill in div 1 hurling next year. well done to them, they have done serious work over the past number of years to get this far.
hurl like f**k boi!

btdtgtt

Agreed - ahoghill are a fantastic club!

Is wee joe not our imminent chairman unopposed?!

Gizzy15

Quote from: btdtgtt link=topic=1347.msg1411986#msg1411986 date

Is wee joe not our imminent chairman unopposed?!
/quote]

Jesus Wept

blueblood

That will never happen in a million years, the powers at be within UC will insure that a suitable candidate takes the platform against him, and if he is stupid enough not to realise that his face would never be an acceptable one then he deserves all he gets.

Last Man

Quote from: blueblood on October 21, 2014, 03:33:14 PM
That will never happen in a million years, the powers at be within UC will insure that a suitable candidate takes the platform against him, and if he is stupid enough not to realise that his face would never be an acceptable one then he deserves all he gets.
Never realised there was still the appetite for internal politics like this in Antrim or Ulster. i'd say he would be well able for the politics.

getevennotcross

Get real here, this is West Belfast and Antrim. Of course there will always be political and corrupt undertones associated with such positions. The Shinners influence on the periphery is not to be underestimated either, now with the potential social and economic return at the new Casement.  Like rats they will want more than the miserly crumbs from the table.
Wee Joe would suit some, while an opportunist like your man would serve another. Least said maybe? Thank goodness I am far removed from it having to work in England during the course of the week.

Its all part and parcel of our failures to perform on the field of play.

Last Man

Quote from: getevennotcross on October 21, 2014, 06:42:33 PM
Get real here, this is West Belfast and Antrim. Of course there will always be political and corrupt undertones associated with such positions. The Shinners influence on the periphery is not to be underestimated either, now with the potential social and economic return at the new Casement.  Like rats they will want more than the miserly crumbs from the table.
Wee Joe would suit some, while an opportunist like your man would serve another. Least said maybe? Thank goodness I am far removed from it having to work in England during the course of the week.

Its all part and parcel of our failures to perform on the field of play.
Still has to be voted in, whoever is parachuted in will have to be a credible candidate to get the Joe haters vote. Will be interesting to watch it play out.

getevennotcross

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2014, 07:16:04 PM
Whoever gets parachuted in will need to meet the criteria....

Must be in the Knights of St Columbanus.
That being the case, we are sure to get another deceitful hypocrite. Heavens above, do we deserve such tyrants?