Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Quote from: themac_23 on July 22, 2014, 11:28:36 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on July 22, 2014, 11:03:41 AM
MR2 - I understand why people favour the open draw but what these pesky Belfast teams argue doesn't matter. If the big NA teams want seeding then it will happen.

The mac - you started by arguing Rossa should not be in intermediate and finish by saying that division 2 should form intermediate championship!

Was more arguing the fact that it isnt based on league at the min, there are clubs playing senior who are in div 2 (which Rossa are top of) as i said, i wasnt getting at rossa just thought they should play senior. As it is at the min senior is basically div 1 & top div 2 sides, intermediate is rest of div 2 and top div 3 sides with junior the rest of div 3.

Rossa play St Enda's in 1st round of IHC team top of div 2 against a mid table div 3 team, can you tell me these 2 teams are more evenly matched than Rossa and Johnnies/ Galls/ Sars/ Clooney/ C'Mills?

As i say, i've no gripe with Rossa doing it, quite within their right to do so, I just think there has to be a better way to structure our championships.

Those "mis-matches" can be see in every championship - that's how shocks happen.
Yes I think it's up to Rossa.
I would rather see them in senior as a Belfast man but I assume they have thought this through.
Either way it's perfectly acceptable and understandable purely on results.

I think a loughgiel defeating st galls final in the senior is the predictable outcome - if otherwise from which side will the shock come? Or both!

Sleeping giant

St galls beating ballycastle?? :o   that would be some tale
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

johnneycool

I see the leagues are now split, but is everyone back to zero points or do they hold onto their current tally?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 23, 2014, 03:00:39 PM

Would rather get Loughgiel or Dunloy in fairness, Ballycastle always stuff us :-[
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2014, 04:08:35 PM

Would rather get Loughgiel or Dunloy in fairness, Ballycastle always stuff us :-[

I am sure clooney sarsfields & cloughmills will be delighted with your confidence MR2!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 23, 2014, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 23, 2014, 04:08:35 PM

I am sure clooney sarsfields & cloughmills will be delighted with your confidence MR2!

If's but and maybes, all guesses at this stage, nothing won here on this board that's for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

dont like this league split at all. we have one away game and 3 at home so it benifits us to a certain extent but i dont see the sense in it at all. what was it supposed to achieve?

lets be honest who actually cares who wins the league and with the championship arround the corner would it not be more benifical for all the teams to get tougher games against the top teams like cdall and lgiel?
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 25, 2014, 08:38:58 AM
dont like this league split at all. we have one away game and 3 at home so it benifits us to a certain extent but i dont see the sense in it at all. what was it supposed to achieve?

lets be honest who actually cares who wins the league and with the championship arround the corner would it not be more benifical for all the teams to get tougher games against the top teams like cdall and lgiel?

I think it was supposed to give developing teams a crack at the better teams earlier in the year, but then have plenty of competitive games with similar standard teams later, which I think it has achieved.

The better teams get to play each other twice in the year and not bother too much with the needless one sided games around championship time. You'll also get your big home gates against the neighbours which would have been an issue for some if the league had of been one way.

As for some not caring about the league, well some teams started to refuse to play without their full compliment, others wanted the split cut off date extended, so it must have mattered to them.

Milltown Row2

Sleeping giant

Whats the odds, cant get the link to open

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 25, 2014, 11:54:52 PM
Whats the odds, cant get the link to open

Worked ok for me

Loughgiel Shamrocks 4/5 Cushendall 4/1  Dunloy 4/1  Ballycastle 9/1  St Galls 9/1  Sarsfields 22/1  Clooney Gaels 22/1  Cloughmills 28/1  St Johns 66/1 

Sleeping giant

St galls 9/1. Does each way betting work in hurling?  reach the final.
not a man to gamble but if so. free money

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on July 26, 2014, 12:33:33 PM
St galls 9/1. Does each way betting work in hurling?  reach the final.
not a man to gamble but if so. free money

It's not giving it, maybe another bookie, must look

Minder

No the prices are "win only", PP aren't so slow.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

For the dunloy men gave  them a shocking cleaning out a few years back.
Id say he learned his lesson the hard way  ;D