Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendanbelfast

Last Man

The minor hurling panelists would say different. Maybe the footballers have external funding which is fine but we are certainly very good at creating the impression that juvenile hurling is the poor relation. We were without doubt the worst turned out squad in Clones on Sunday. My own personal view is that this does nothing to foster a sense of identity and common purpose. Not the be all and end all but doesn't help.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Last Man on June 30, 2014, 10:41:31 AM
The minor hurling panelists would say different. Maybe the footballers have external funding which is fine but we are certainly very good at creating the impression that juvenile hurling is the poor relation. We were without doubt the worst turned out squad in Clones on Sunday. My own personal view is that this does nothing to foster a sense of identity and common purpose. Not the be all and end all but doesn't help.

The time sambo and woody was in charge of shorty and co at minor
They raised there own funds for kit and trips to south etc
Never rely on co board for such obligatory supply's
Management has to sort that stuff out unfortunately

I don't know the football management but I'd say they where more resourceful

I would be more worried by the result   
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

btdtgtt

I'm not sure management should have to concern themselves with fundraising!

Might be symptomatic and indicative of Antrim compared to other counties but this should not be the case - they should be left to concentrate on running the team while officers out finance in place.

Well done to any management set up that sources it's own resources but like I say the responsibility lies elsewhere.

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 30, 2014, 11:18:36 AM
I'm not sure management should have to concern themselves with fundraising!

Might be symptomatic and indicative of Antrim compared to other counties but this should not be the case - they should be left to concentrate on running the team while officers out finance in place.

Well done to any management set up that sources it's own resources but like I say the responsibility lies elsewhere.

Thats mad Ted.

I have to say the Down hurlers have never been treated so well, right the way up through all the development squads to the senior hurlers, grub every night after training as well as all the gear they need.

I knew a lad involved with Armagh hurling and he said they were very well looked after as well.

On the game on Sunday I think Antrim were on the receiving end of what we always knew, to beat a traditional hurling county you need to be 10 plus points better than them as if its close, the rub of the green will not go your way.
;)

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Last Man on June 30, 2014, 10:41:31 AM

That is very disappointing to read. I thought things were beginning to improve at underage level generally.

glens abu

Quote from: brendanbelfast on June 30, 2014, 12:32:19 AM
Nonsense.

Explain why this is nonsense as it's not the first time it has been said.

keep her low this half

Quote from: winghalfback on June 26, 2014, 10:36:37 AM
Whens the feis cup final this year and who is in it? Normally a good day out when a squad of us go up.
Someone told me today it was in Loughgiel on Sunday but he was a bit vague about details. It may well be somewhere else.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Quote from: Minder on May 31, 2014, 08:53:30 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 31, 2014, 08:26:23 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on May 31, 2014, 08:20:45 AM
Just for you SiE;

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/3/2905140801-my-club-and-i-neil-mcmanus/

And he manages to combine this with being a selector on our county team!
yeah. I've already read it after he tweeted about it.

The photo in the article is Glenariffe, from the top of Lurig mountain  ;D

Reminds me if this!

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Good wins today for both our Seniors and 16s at the Feis

Was expecting a soaking but turned out a great day down the Glens.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Na Glinntí Glasa

made for a good weekend with the footballers winning the final on sat night as well.

hurling match on sunday was a good game. nice to see shorty back for us again. thought he played brilliant in centre half
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: theskull1 on July 07, 2014, 12:56:19 AM
Good wins today for both our Seniors and 16s at the Feis

Was expecting a soaking but turned out a great day down the Glens.

Great result and great wheather
Well done to Glenariff for being great feis host
But the midges down there are on steroids
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets