Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG

Not sure what people are basing their opinion of the Johnnies on, i wouldnt be surprised if Rossa beat them. Top Dog in Belfast? It does not amount to an awful lot !

Balboa

Never said it did although saying the fact that its the big game in belfast thought it was of at least some small significance.

I am basing my opinion on their slight improvement this year, nothing to shout about and wont count come september but an improvement is an improvement. Meanwhile Rossa have hit reverse since their championship the whole club seems to be in dissaray.

milltown row

top dog belfast? we beat the Rossa twice this year and beat the Johnnies in the championship (although they beat us in the league last year) the last time we met.

city teams at the minute are very even, Balboa youse beat us for the first time in years at Milltown, in a game we threw away. league standings show we are the top team in belfast. no bragging is right.

the johnies and rossa are in a good draw. with only Cushendall definitley going through the others are trying to get second spot.

our group two teams Dunloy and Loughgiel the rest are playing for pride.

i'll be at the rossa game on Sunday, it will be a battle, the Johnnies think it's in the bag, but i think it will be very close

maxpower

your at your work milltown, laying these subtle traps for Dunloy/Loughgiel men.  first your not training, training is terrible, now its a dead cert Dunloy & Loughgiel are going through to the semi's and youse are only playing for pride.

come on tell the truth, you fancy yourselves to catch one of us on the hop, prob Dunloy saying you have us in milltown.  Hope for the best we underestimate you and you'll sneak into one fo those qualifying spots.  well i'm not falling for it, we will maybe go in as favourites to qualify but favouritism meant very little last Sun with Tipp/Wexford and even less with our own County u21's on Wednesday.
What happens next????

milltown row

i'm being honest. no traps, 2 seniors trained the other day the rest were reserves. i'll be lining out. two mc gourtys in the states along with McDaniel, all starters!!! plus injuries and whaterver else

footballers believe now that Cargin are out they will be on a roll. if were were in the other draw we would be hoping to get through but........ we prefer to play loughgiel at their pitch anyway, a better game. they have been four points better than us for the last few years we would like to not give them a 2 goal start this time. the gap between our last match and our game against yourselves is too long and we cant get a challenge game.

looking forward to playing yourselves and loughgiel as its a proper tough game of hurling

Balboa

Quote from: milltown row on August 03, 2007, 03:54:21 PM
Balboa youse beat us for the first time in years at Milltown, in a game we threw away.

Not sure about that version Milltown, i dont think youse were ever in the lead and certainly not in the 2nd half, so im not sure how that is a game that youse "threw away"......

North Antrim

Well we finally made it into the u-21 final beating Rossa by 7 points......poor game with neal mcauley & Hippy the 2 dominant players on the pitch. Once again mis management nearly beat us with aul hippy showing his ignorance once agin by not starting ryan Donnelly! Sum of the players who started wudnt get on a gud u-16 team. Finally he brought him on and the big lad turned the game scoring a goal and setting up a few points.  We play winners of dunloy or loughguile.

We have a bye this week in senior championship - thank god.

will prob take in Rossa v johnnies tomorrow and then shamrocks v glenariffe on wed.

Its do or die for glenariffe.....dont think they stand a chance imo - but you never know

Lecale2

Portaferry beat Ballycastle by 4 pts in Div 1 tonight. 

theskull1

Quote from: North Antrim on August 04, 2007, 11:08:56 AM
Well we finally made it into the u-21 final beating Rossa by 7 points......poor game with neal mcauley & Hippy the 2 dominant players on the pitch. Once again mis management nearly beat us with aul hippy showing his ignorance once agin by not starting ryan Donnelly! Sum of the players who started wudnt get on a gud u-16 team. Finally he brought him on and the big lad turned the game scoring a goal and setting up a few points.  We play winners of dunloy or loughguile.

Well its a Ballycastle Dunloy final. We got out of jail beating loughgiel 3-11 to 0-16. 2 late goals (both poor goalkeeping IMO) to go 4 points up finished the game have to be honest and say that we weren't the better team tonight. To many players lost possesion one hand lifting when we really needed to win the ball should have cost us the game but thats football eh we got away with it? Strong performances from our backline and kevin mcquillan in midfield drove us on but our forwards need up their game in the final if we are to have any chance. Good crowd and good atmosphere at the game
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

slow corner back

Any idea when and where the final is at skull?

theskull1

24th August SCB....don't know where though......I would say loughgiel would be as good a place as any
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PlayWithTheWind

having seen both teams play, would have to fancy dunloy as they will have to much pace for the b'castle boys.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

milltown row

Quote from: Balboa on August 03, 2007, 06:40:45 PM
Quote from: milltown row on August 03, 2007, 03:54:21 PM
Balboa youse beat us for the first time in years at Milltown, in a game we threw away.

Not sure about that version Milltown, i dont think youse were ever in the lead and certainly not in the 2nd half, so im not sure how that is a game that youse "threw away"......

we were three up going into the break, after that you scored the next four points and got a goal

podge

Any reports on the IHC matches yesterday.  I see clonney gaels had another good result with an away draw at Glenarm- not an easy place to go.  Did i hear there was a few cards being dished out here?  Carey easy winners over Glenravel.

Any other results? Did St Pauls or St teresas play?

girt_giggler

Shane O Neills  0-12 1-9 Gaeil Chluana 

Glenarm threw this one away with a terrible second half after coming out to start the second period 7 points in front.

And yes 2 red cards for Glenarm.

Balboa

Quote from: girt_giggler on August 06, 2007, 09:21:37 AM
Shane O Neills  0-12 1-9 Gaeil Chluana 

And yes 2 red cards for Glenarm.

Its good to see things have not changed in Feystown !