Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on February 21, 2014, 01:53:47 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 21, 2014, 01:51:59 PM
Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 21, 2014, 01:05:26 PM
This whole Winker / Dublin thing is a nonsense.

If he truly wanted to be playing County hurling he would be playing.  He has walked off panels / fell out with nearly every manager he was involved with.

I for one am happy he has knuckled down with Loughgiel the past few years.

Thank god a LG man with a balanced view well said

I guess there are varying degrees of knuckling down though  ;)

4 County titles on the spin, 4 Ulsters and Man of the Match performances in an All Ireland Semi-Final and Final which they won.  There isn't too many in the parish unhappy with that tbh.

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 21, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

If he truly wanted to be playing County hurling he would be playing.  He has walked off panels / fell out with nearly every manager he was involved with.

4 County titles on the spin, 4 Ulsters and Man of the Match performances in an All Ireland Semi-Final and Final and copious amounts of texts  :) which they won.  There isn't too many in the parish unhappy with that tbh.

Fixed that for you Gael  ;D

Milltown Row2

4 County titles on the spin, 4 Ulsters and Man of the Match performances in an All Ireland Semi-Final and Final which they won.  There isn't too many in the parish unhappy with that tbh.

Some could say 5 loses on the spin, sent off in Croke Park for Antrim and poor game against both Loughglin Gaels and MLR but that wouldn't be right ;)

This is daft Liam could pack it in altogether and would owe his club nothing, he's been a cracker hurler who I've enjoyed playing against and watched, most mavericks have their moments I know I could say the same about ones closer to home but I won't in case he come back on again and gives me abuse lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north aontroim gael

Quote from: NAG1 on February 21, 2014, 03:21:35 PM

4 County titles on the spin, 4 Ulsters and Man of the Match performances in an All Ireland Semi-Final and Final and copious amounts of texts  :) which they won.  There isn't too many in the parish unhappy with that tbh.

Fixed that for you Gael  ;D

I'm lost. I'm sure it's suitably witty though!

Hirty Darry

Re Creggan Scenario, as harsh as it may seem if an illegal player (for whatever reason) played against your team in an All Ireland game and your team lost, you would want your club to appeal.  It's easy to to sit back and ridicule the Waterford team - how many clubs would hand on heart say they wouldn't do the same. You couldn't really answer this until you were in this situation yourself.

Re Mr Watson, you can't have the tail wagging the dog.  Any player good enough and that wants to play for their County shouldn't be turned away based on their past.  Every year is a new year and unless the current manager has a genuine reason not to select him, he is wrong in my book.  As it has been pointed out its been 21 barron years, like him or hate him, you are going to need players of Watson's ability to have any impact at county level.  I can recall Watson pulling the strings against Wexford a few years ago in Dunloy, he was majestic that day.

Seamroga in exile

You're correct on all points Hirty but but it hasn't been deemed that creggan have actually broken any rules yet.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

An illegal player to me is someone who is not affiliated with the club who lines out for them. A 16 year old clubman coming of age and stepping out at senior to help his club win an all Ireland is not someone I would describe as an illegal player more so a hero.

Ethically Creggan did nothing wrong. No different a long term injured player coming back and influencing the games in the AI series. Ballysaggart need to think past the first point ...ie if the powers that be side with them in regards to their interpretation of the rules, what satisfaction and contentment will they get from such a decision? Will they enjoy this victory? Will their reputation be tarnished? Will they hang their heads in shame when their all Ireland title is mentioned?

I would like to think most clubs wouldn't complain about a young local hero from another club losing them an all ireland
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

If I were on the Ballysaggart committee I'd be embarrassed.

Seamroga in exile

They should have been embarrassed enough after their manager/selector's rant in the press about the referee and the Creggan "footballers" to resurface for a while. Unfortunately, embarrassment doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary.

imtommygunn

It's not over yet. The whole thing is an embarassment. That interview with Bennett was bad enough never mind this.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 22, 2014, 01:58:08 PM
It's not over yet. The whole thing is an embarassment. That interview with Bennett was bad enough never mind this.
bennett seems to have made this a personal crusade.

imtommygunn

Appears that way. Really hope nothing comes of this.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 22, 2014, 01:58:08 PM

I think it might be done at this stage. Ballysaggart's objection appears to have been ruled out of time. The Examiner reporting that, even if no valid objection, the GAA "may" still look into it. However, it now seems that Portumna fielded a 16 year old in their semi. Whatever about stiffing Creggan, there is no way Portumna will be ejected from the senior. They couldn't treat the two situations any differently.

Sleeping giant

Must get a look at MLR team sheet :o ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

saffron89

has been a while and I am not going to trawl through the pages of no doubt high brow stuff.....  See MR2 still putting little snap shots in of what was undoubtedly a marvelous career !!!!!

was in Ballycastle last week, antrim disappointing.  However left the town that day horrified at a decision made by kevin Ryan

to reintroduce a sub he had already taken off for having a shit day at the office.  What sort of message does that send out to the bench / panel.   I assume there were other able bodies ready to play.

I do fear the worst today against limerick.  Or no doubt we will play with 2 extra defenders.  when wexford were down to 14 we still had a couple of extra men marking each other in the half back / midfield line.