Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

A sad morning as another true saffron great passes away. Sincere condolences to McNaughton  and McCallin families on their huge loss. Rest in peace legend.

All seeing I

Not only was James McNaughton a legend of Cushendall, Antrim and Ulster hurling, but he was a beautiful person too. A very humble and extremely mild mannered man. Interesting to talk to and funny too. The sidelines of the Antrim championship will be an eerie place in the 2014 championship because everyone will know he should have been there. Today is a sad day.

Gizzy15

Quote from: All seeing I on February 17, 2014, 01:53:50 PM
Not only was James McNaughton a legend of Cushendall, Antrim and Ulster hurling, but he was a beautiful person too. A very humble and extremely mild mannered man. Interesting to talk to and funny too. The sidelines of the Antrim championship will be an eerie place in the 2014 championship because everyone will know he should have been there. Today is a sad day.

well said,

i second that

Ballybredagh

Very sorry to hear about James McNaughton's sudden passing. A superb hurler in a great Cushendall halfback line. He's now joined his brother Danny, the Dall's finest hurler in many people's books and they'll be taking their places together on God's 15. May they rest in peace.

btdtgtt

Na Glinntí Glasa

very sad news

he was at senior training on sunday and that evening was in hospital and then he was just gone.

a very nice man and a brilliant hurler as well. i rem growing up as a kid in the late 80's early 90's and admiring Jame, Woody and L McKeegan in the antrim half back line. all strong men and brilliant hurlers.

Rest in Peace.
hurl like f**k boi!

clootfromthe21

So Winker is for a "top county" according to today's Irish News  :o  The Dubs????

On a much more serious note, Rest in Peace James McNaughton. A fine hurler and by all accounts a fine man.

nrico2006

I see the Waterford team are appealing for a replay due to player eligibility issues over the goal scorer Small from Creggan.  Apparently their issue is that he was not ineligible for the Final as he didn't play in the JHC last year because he was under 16 at the time and therefore too young.  He is now 16 and played in the three recent games.  Surely there is no case to answer here as this is a new year and if new rules can be applied to competitions that span two calendar years then there should be flexibility in cases like this.  He wasn;t eligible last year and didn't play, but since January he is eligible and did.  Seems like Creggan played by the rules.  Did they not win the All Ireland JHC 2014?  You'd wonder how much nit picking officials from the Waterford team had to do to find something like this to appeal? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

That's pathetic if true.

That news article was a joke too. If you can't beat a team over a full game, extra time and a replay then you don't deserve to be AI champions.

Really sour grapes all in all.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 19, 2014, 10:49:21 AM
So Winker is for a "top county" according to today's Irish News  :o  The Dubs????

On a much more serious note, Rest in Peace James McNaughton. A fine hurler and by all accounts a fine man.
Well, he's not getting selected for his own county.  ;)

I don't know how much of that article is fact. It's the Irish news, so I'll not take too much heed until I hear otherwise.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 19, 2014, 11:14:30 AM
That's pathetic if true.

That news article was a joke too. If you can't beat a team over a full game, extra time and a replay then you don't deserve to be AI champions.

Rule 6.24 does state however : The County, Provincial and All-Ireland Stages of
the respective Club Senior, Intermediate and Junior
Football and Hurling Championships constitute the one
Competition

Was there not something like this before?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 19, 2014, 12:22:20 PM
That's pathetic if true.

Competition

Probably a good few cases of it, the one I remember was the Ulster Minor Club a few years ago when Cavan Gaels appealed against Ballinderry, think it might have been against Ryan Bell being too young at the time.  Nothing but embarassing for any club crying about someone bing too young.  But surely if it is seen as the one competition then rules can't be changed midway through it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

north_antrim_hound

That's pathetic if true.

Would be sad to see them lose it because of this. I wonder if he hadn't have scored 1.03 would there be any objections. I think if bennet fielded a team that let a 16 year old footballer (his words) score that  I wouldn't be doing this

Very poor form from ballysaggart
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

maxpower

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 19, 2014, 12:33:15 PM
That's pathetic if true.

Competition

Probably a good few cases of it, the one I remember was the Ulster Minor Club a few years ago when Cavan Gaels appealed against Ballinderry, think it might have been against Ryan Bell being too young at the time.  Nothing but embarassing for any club crying about someone bing too young.  But surely if it is seen as the one competition then rules can't be changed midway through it.

don't see how they have a case, sour grapes and unfair on Creggan.  Rules do change during competitions, in 2008 we played the Ulster final and 7 players wore no faceguard in the next round everyone had too!
What happens next????