Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RefForFee

Some individuals just don't seem to understand,  Ulster Council view hurling (probably the greatest game in the world - in my humble opinion of course) as a major inconvenience. FACT! >:(
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Bonamargy

There is going to be a North Antrim league. Think all the division 1 and 2 teams from North Antrim have agreed to play (not Loughgiel as they have bigger fish to fry). Will be good to get competitive games up and running before the County leagues start at the beginning of April.

RefForFee

Heard from the grapevine,  Loughgeil have some tasty friendlies coming up over the next few weeks, lads training hard by all accounts and raring to go.  DCU, Dublin, Kilkenny, obviously going farther afield for some decent opposition and testing.  Fair play to them.
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Gizzy15

Quote from: Bonamargy on January 04, 2014, 07:28:16 PM
There is going to be a North Antrim league. Think all the division 1 and 2 teams from North Antrim have agreed to play (not Loughgiel as they have bigger fish to fry). Will be good to get competitive games up and running before the County leagues start at the beginning of April.

Sounds good. Might try to get our club on the ball to set up a south antrim mini league with div 2 3 for any clubs interested. Not point sitting complaining, better being pro active. Hope it goes well for yas.

Gizzy15

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2014, 11:17:59 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 04, 2014, 11:11:04 PM
Quote from: Bonamargy on January 04, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

Sounds good. Might try to get our club on the ball to set up a south antrim mini league with div 2 3 for any clubs interested. Not point sitting complaining, better being pro active. Hope it goes well for yas.
Yep, best to forget about Ulster as far as hurling is concerned. Time to grab all our clubs in Belfast together and sort something out amongst ourselves, like north Antrim have done. No issue even contacting clubs from outside Antrim to ask if they want to get involved.

Think we have to get the ball rolling though, going to get in touch with our secretary tomorrow to see if we can make contact, 4 months hurling a year is a token gesture.sort out the first two months ourselves .

Forgot to add that I wouldn't be surprised if the county start charging for insurance for each match.

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on January 05, 2014, 01:00:13 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on January 04, 2014, 11:24:22 PM
Forgot to add that I wouldn't be surprised if the county start charging for insurance for each match.
We all pay our annual insurance to Croke Park*, sorry, GAA Central Council.

*That's a PLC who rent their pitch out for matches.

Another quirky slight of hand by the GAA corporate machine - hidden behind lectures of volunteerism.
Did Orwell write animal farm about the GAA?

No surprise with loughgiel - full commitment and preparation is why they are where they are. Are we allowed to support them yet?!
Or do we have to be jealous and hate them to fit the line!

Na Glinntí Glasa

of course everyone else can support them, well expect me that is lol i cant have my biggest rivals doing well, thats just not on!

i think they play DCU tonight at the dub? seen that on a friend from lgiels (yes we can be friends :) ) twitter page last night
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 09, 2014, 08:55:25 AM
of course everyone else can support them, well expect me that is lol i cant have my biggest rivals doing well, thats just not on!

i think they play DCU tonight at the dub? seen that on a friend from lgiels (yes we can be friends :) ) twitter page last night

Aye, but are the BFF type friends???

;D ;D ;D ;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnneycool on January 09, 2014, 09:00:22 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 09, 2014, 08:55:25 AM

Aye, but are the BFF type friends???

;D ;D ;D ;D

that depends on results against each other and how the game went! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Sleeping giant

Very dull around as past few weeks.  Xmas blues??  I believe are other wonderful neighbours started back at weekend. 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

See the starting 15 for Offaly match is named.  Very young, will be interesting to see how some of the U21s making senior debut gets on.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

A wee win this evening against DCU. 4-14 to 0-11
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Antrim (Walsh Cup v Offaly) - Seanan McToal; Ciaran Johnson, Eoghan Campbell, Michael Bradley; Simon McCrory, Conor McKinley, Paul Shiels; Barry McFall, Jackson McGreevy; Stephen McAfee, Mathew Donnelly, Niall McKenna; Daniel McKernan, Neil McManus (capt); Ciaran Clarke.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 09, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

Thats a big score. The university teams are typically in decent shape at this time of year
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on January 10, 2014, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 09, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

Thats a big score. The university teams are typically in decent shape at this time of year

Wouldn't think DCU would be one of the better teams in fairness, the next couple of games will be a better indication of where they are at. Anyword on how MLR are going in challenge games?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea