Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

My apologies.   am not the one to start this award.   as its taking place and I know.  No1 was at all games.   maybe a few of use would have opinions on the starting 15.    again.  Sorry for being so meaningless
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Bonamargy

Quote from: johnneycool on December 11, 2013, 08:54:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 11, 2013, 08:45:36 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 10, 2013, 11:07:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 10, 2013, 10:40:17 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on December 10, 2013, 10:14:11 PM
So in theory you could finish 5th and win the league or finish last and still stay up?

Finish 5th ??
I think he means at the cut off point where it splits in 2.

I'm easily confused but top five which is 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th the bottom 4 here will play off to meet the top team in final? Has that been worked out yet? 9th plays 6th, 8th plays 7th?

eh?

Is there league playoff now??

I thought it was  just a straight 9 game first phase and then split where you'd get another 4 games against the other teams in your section. The top team in the top section wins the league.
The bottom two teams in the bottom section get relegated??

Is it more complicated than that?

????? Teams play each other once (9 games) then splits into to sections of 5, top 5 will play for league title and bottom 5 will be in a relegation battle with 2 going down.  the teams play the other 4 teams in their section again once (now total of 13 games) points are NOT reset to zero after the first 9 games. No playoffs!!  Makes it easier for the county to arrange club games around the new Leinster championship. Also makes all the games in the new division 1 more competitive and meaningful

btdtgtt

With less games would it be possible to finish the leagues before championship starts?
And therefore use league positions as seeding to determine the championship ties?
Just a suggestion - every game championship in a way - ultra competitive throughout the year?

Milltown Row2

I know it doesn't mean a lot but it's a plug on my part, Jackson McGreevey is up for a award Dual Player of the year

He Captained the Under 21 hurling team this year and has played for the seniors a few times also this year he also played right half back for the our senior footballers in the county final (played well also). If you wish to vote it's in the link below (feel like TF now)

http://gaeliclife.com/club-all-stars-dual-player-of-the-year/
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

the new div 1 league set up looks interesting. split into two sections after each has played the others once.

18 games last year was too many imo, this will hopefully make it more competitive.

i miss hurling already :( hurry back new season! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 13, 2013, 08:58:41 AM
the new div 1 league set up looks interesting. split into two sections after each has played the others once.

18 games last year was too many imo, this will hopefully make it more competitive.

i miss hurling already :( hurry back new season! lol

I presume you're not still playing then as I fuckin hate playing at this time of year until the end of March at least..

playwiththewind1st

Try 3rd Level hurling. Training in the snow at Upper Malone was always erm wonderful.

RefForFee

Notice from the County secretary

All members of the 1989 Antrim Senior Hurling panel are asked to send an email (asap) to
secretary.antrim@gaa.ie
2014 will be the 25th Anniversary of the team reaching the All Ireland Hurling Final

He wants to check that you all paid for your suits and left your tracks suits back??????
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Seamroga in exile

Some of you boys need to harden up. Sure it's only December.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

RefForFee

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 15, 2013, 12:18:01 AM
Seen the Loughgiel lads training in the Falls Park this morning whilst walking the dog Seamroga.  Sure looking in great shape and very determined :)
"We haven't gone away ya know, well maybe for a little while, but we'll always be back"- just like?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: RefForFee on December 15, 2013, 05:17:02 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 15, 2013, 12:18:01 AM
Seen the Loughgiel lads training in the Falls Park this morning whilst walking the dog Seamroga.  Sure looking in great shape and very determined :)
They want it more than ever ref.

Milltown Row2

4/7 Is a great price for the semi final
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 15, 2013, 05:23:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 05:22:10 PM
only if you gamble.  ;)

Lifes a gamble if you can afford it have a go

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 06:14:46 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 15, 2013, 05:23:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2013, 05:22:10 PM
only if you gamble.  ;)

Lifes a gamble if you can afford it have a go
mr toal or Eastwood will never get a pound of my money.