Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Just right MR. Bit of trouble making there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Tony Baloney

I read back through MR2's posts and they are mostly commendable and nothing of any note.

Hurler24

I was at the two U16 games on Sunday as our own boys were involved after. The Belfast Geals player pulled him across the head twice and then another kicked him after running on.Almost Domino effect across the pitch as Belfast Geals players attacked Glenshesk ones.The parent in question then left the sideline and went to the aid of his son who was laying on the ground being stamped on.He pushed the Gaels players away as did other parents across the pitch it was at this stage cries went up from gaels parents about him "striking". Missed the reporter being headbutted and hit but heard them shouting at her to get her tits out etc.Disgraceful behaviour from gaels.Also mr2 catch yourself on.Defending your buddies from the city when they are clearly in the wrong.If rumours are to be believed Owen Elliot collecting photos of injuries to Glenshesk players and finding out about their trips to A+E. Also worth noting that St Johns players were at similar carry on off the ball in our own game although not quite to the same extent.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 09:59:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2013, 09:18:15 PM
Just saw this on Antrim website

Name : Parent 06 October 2013
I would understand that there will be a comprehensive investigation into what happened on Saturday in Glenariffe.
We should be grateful that this serious incident did not have a more serious outcome. Comment, opinion etc is one thing and needs to be measured so that we can learn to deal with this sub culture of violence. That behoves us all as adults and goes beyond the apportionment of blame , ridicule and sanctions. The duty of care for children in these situations is paramount and a gross breach of that was in evidence on Saturday.
Fortunately Joe Edwards was there to witness first hand the appalling scenes.
It is in that context that I hope the investigative process in some way helps to guide us towards respect and tolerance for one another. Sport and the GAA is a great medium and a learning process to inculcate values of honesty,integrity, tolerance - through wining and losing.
I am extremely disappointed to read the postings of Milltown Row on the GAA Discussion Board Antrim Hurling thread.
What I glean is that he is a referee, maybe a teacher but the nature and content of his postings reflects poorly on both those positions of responsibility.
I would suggest that his contributions with regard to this incident and the derogatory way he refers to fellow GAA members be noted by the appropriate authority within Antrim GAA.

I have the utmost respect for the work and the good work done by refeeres. They are not responsible for a culture where this violent behaviour seems to be an option .
Thank you

Like I give a shite what this 'parent' posts. I've posted nothing I wouldn't say to someones face, unlike this glipe, I'm unsure of what it is that reflects poorly on both these positions

I have nothing to do with this
Tony baloney don't ever refer my name to anything wrote somewhere else without consulting me first

Me and mr2 where having a debate on here. his character and his position as a ref didn't come in to it

Maybe in hindsight we didn't consider someone involved on Saturday would be reading it
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hurler24 on October 07, 2013, 11:21:05 PM
I was at the two U16 games on Sunday as our own boys were involved after. The Belfast Geals player pulled him across the head twice and then another kicked him after running on.Almost Domino effect across the pitch as Belfast Geals players attacked Glenshesk ones.The parent in question then left the sideline and went to the aid of his son who was laying on the ground being stamped on.He pushed the Gaels players away as did other parents across the pitch it was at this stage cries went up from gaels parents about him "striking". Missed the reporter being headbutted and hit but heard them shouting at her to get her tits out etc.Disgraceful behaviour from gaels.Also mr2 catch yourself on.Defending your buddies from the city when they are clearly in the wrong.If rumours are to be believed Owen Elliot collecting photos of injuries to Glenshesk players and finding out about their trips to A+E. Also worth noting that St Johns players were at similar carry on off the ball in our own game although not quite to the same extent.

Hurler, like this parent guy, read through my posts and highight were I have defended anyone in this. Again full of shite
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 07, 2013, 11:31:30 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 09:59:55 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 07, 2013, 09:18:15 PM
Just saw this on Antrim website

Name : Parent 06 October 2013
I would understand that there will be a comprehensive investigation into what happened on Saturday in Glenariffe.
We should be grateful that this serious incident did not have a more serious outcome. Comment, opinion etc is one thing and needs to be measured so that we can learn to deal with this sub culture of violence. That behoves us all as adults and goes beyond the apportionment of blame , ridicule and sanctions. The duty of care for children in these situations is paramount and a gross breach of that was in evidence on Saturday.
Fortunately Joe Edwards was there to witness first hand the appalling scenes.
It is in that context that I hope the investigative process in some way helps to guide us towards respect and tolerance for one another. Sport and the GAA is a great medium and a learning process to inculcate values of honesty,integrity, tolerance - through wining and losing.
I am extremely disappointed to read the postings of Milltown Row on the GAA Discussion Board Antrim Hurling thread.
What I glean is that he is a referee, maybe a teacher but the nature and content of his postings reflects poorly on both those positions of responsibility.
I would suggest that his contributions with regard to this incident and the derogatory way he refers to fellow GAA members be noted by the appropriate authority within Antrim GAA.

I have the utmost respect for the work and the good work done by refeeres. They are not responsible for a culture where this violent behaviour seems to be an option .
Thank you

Like I give a shite what this 'parent' posts. I've posted nothing I wouldn't say to someones face, unlike this glipe, I'm unsure of what it is that reflects poorly on both these positions

I have nothing to do with this
Tony baloney don't ever refer my name to anything wrote somewhere else without consulting me first

Me and mr2 where having a debate on here. his character and his position as a ref didn't come in to it

Maybe in hindsight we didn't consider someone involved on Saturday would be reading it
Grow up (unless north_antrim_hound is your actual name and then ypu have my apologies  ;))

I don't think anyone thought it was you as it would be childish in the extreme.

Milltown Row2

Below are post realated to the craic in Glenariffe, for those who can't be arsed reading through pages to actually see what I posted on it it's here. He said she said can give people the wrong idea.

Bad craic, ya can't go headbutting people ffs, must have been some nut job ffs

Quote from: Minder on October 05, 2013, 07:42:21 PM
Was talking to someone at it and he said it was the worst he has seen on a pitch, players supporters and mentors all fighting on the pitch. As for the young Belfast Gaels player that head butted the female photographer........

A f**king joke

Under 16's ffs, too many e numbers, the amount of games where the lads at that age get carried away is nuts. It just takes one thing to kick off. Ya need to blow for every challenge to ensure there is no niggles going on

They are the ones usually egging them on ffs, head da balls, I canny wait to hear who's involved and whats done about it

In my day ya really didn't see too many parents turning up for the games, the obvious ones were of course club men who's sons played, outside of that there wasn't many there, now ffs ya can't get them off the line, and in most cases never played the game but are telling the manager what to do!!! Telling their kids to 'get him son'!!

My dad turned up for a few games, wasn't a Gaa man at all, got him to go to a football semi final once, a fight broke out, I'm in the middle of it, as I got in the car to go home my dad hit me a clip round the ear for fighting!! That's the way it was

All clubs have a code of conduct for supporters at games, nothing is ever done to these parents when they break those rules, through maybe fear of that parent taking Johnny away to another club!! 

If Some animal pulled across the head of my kid I would struggle to contain myself to. That's one time where emotion overriding logic and rules could be forgiven

That's exactly why there's so much of this crap year after year in Antrim. U-16 grade was by far the worst for it, in my experience.
[/quote]

Yes that's a ridiculous statement north antrim hound ffs. The parents coming on to the pitch will only make a bad situation worse. No f**king need

No one is saying that, jumping over the fence is wrong, it's been done (lad getting hit) and jumping the fence won't make any difference. 2 wrongs don't make a right. And if the referee didn't see it doesn't mean the person walks, I'd imagine there was umpires and lines men there along with wee Joe on the line. The parent running on and slapping a 16 year old is as big a sc**bag as the thug who hit the lad with the stick

Yes we all have it and we all have selected memories of our own players pulling on players from behind, what happens on the pitch should be between those players. People coming on from the sidelines is wrong every time, an adult coming on to the pitch could do serious harm also NAH could even kill someone!!

That's a lot of guess work NAH, I could guess that this clampit does this every week I could also guess he is gives abuse every week to other team players referees ffs, I can guess that as like you I don't know him nor do I know HS's report is accurate.

A lot of 'jumping' to conclusions. Protecting your son after he was hit is impossible retaliating and smacking a 16 or younger lad is also GBH you can see that? Tell me you know it's wrong on every level please

I have condemned it, I called him a thug, which thug is the worst?

So you didn't see it also?

The topic went off on a tangent about people running on to the pitch and was it the right thing to do or not? and how (I feel) it would only escalate the problem. No one said they were there, no one was adding 2 and 2 together.

There were plenty of officials there to make the right calls and hopefully get all involved

I said he was a thug, seriously? Are they adults now? In any occasion be it this or the any other incident the person who comes in and retaliates is always going to escalate it. I remember a match at casement were a player stepped back and drew on a player across the knee, that player was out for a year or so, nobody jumped the fence that day. Maybe his da wasn't there or his dad thought better of jumping the fence

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Only the myopic missed what you were saying.

Na Glinntí Glasa

MR2 i wouldnt worry about it. ive seen nothing to suggest you were defending any of it. shit stirring nothing more
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Of course they do. They hate this place.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 08, 2013, 08:46:35 AM
The fact that they let that be posted suggests our county website admin has an axe to grind too.

Yeah, they have had it in for this site for years, I don't actually think they read any of the comments on here

johnneycool

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 07, 2013, 08:04:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 07:05:42 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 07, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Joey nearly had his hand removed yesterday. And no cultec involved. Just constant fouling/battering in which ref never picked up on.    Broke in shite. 8/10 weeks for the poor lad.      Nag I wasn't being smart.  Was just looking your take on it.
Apparently the ref was a disgrace as well as the perpetrators. Joey is disgusted by it.

The referee didn't strike him ffs, Hugh been refereeing for a while and is come across a a decent fella, would question his counting skills at times ;) but woudn't favour a team over another, Ports generally not a dirty team

They were on Sunday.  A few first teamer's missing and a few of the ones who were playing were out for destruction.  From talking to a few of our boys after the game it sounds like a few of the Ports were nursing hangovers and had an attitude that said they didn't give a f**k.  A joke that No.6 never saw red. 

The next time Ports visit Loughgiel I'd bet he's one who'll cry off. Coward.

He'll be off playing golf that day if its the same lad I'm thinking of.

Same lad could have seen the line in the county final for two yellows, has a bad habit of coming in from behind with a wild pull, nowhere near the ball, caught Magic with one near the end as he was picking the ball up, ref let him away with it as the game was over at that stage.

Sorry to hear about Scullion getting the hand broke.

Na Glinntí Glasa

County antrim post has run the story in the back page with a pic of one of the Belfast Gaels players sticking with the stick around the head. The lads faces in full view. It's a shocking picture 
Also they have a full account of the attacks including the female reporter who apparently was head butted and had a stick jabbed in her chest.
That picture is pretty bad esp the complete anger in the lads face.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 08:14:05 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 07:18:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2013, 07:05:42 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 07, 2013, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 07, 2013, 04:32:35 PM
Joey nearly had his hand removed yesterday. And no cultec involved. Just constant fouling/battering in which ref never picked up on.    Broke in shite. 8/10 weeks for the poor lad.      Nag I wasn't being smart.  Was just looking your take on it.
Apparently the ref was a disgrace as well as the perpetrators. Joey is disgusted by it.

The referee didn't strike him ffs, Hugh been refereeing for a while and is come across a a decent fella, would question his counting skills at times ;) but woudn't favour a team over another, Ports generally not a dirty team
Their half time team talk was overheard and went along the lines of "pull whether they've the ball or not."

This was after they smashed Joey's hand to sh*te. The ref did nothing about it. Maybe he had an off day, let's hope so.

I've overheard plenty of 'pull on the ball whether they have it or not' over the years, your own club included ffs, stop with the whiter than white attitude. There is always a muppet on the line or a player that will say daft things like that, it's not done that much at senior level, but it happens, heard and seen it as a player, and the same as a referee, I've pulled a few managers over their behaviour during a game.

Playing ports there was only one lad that I'd would have said was intent on giving the lash, he was on his own though, ginger haired lad NAG? last game I done he was playing for the reserves at fb. Don't you be jumping the fence or encouraging someone to break his hand now when the visit next year ;)

Joey should hopefully recover for the semi final

The ginger lad got the line in the club semi-final, heard he shoved the hurl into the back of a Ballycran lads head in the middle of a melee, not sure how the referee saw it though, I didn't from where I was. Get the name of an early riser and you can lie in bed all day sort of thing. He'd still be suspended I'd have thought.

Milltown Row2

Been removed, strange that ;)