Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

I think there'll be a few different faces on the panel next year. So the word on the grapevine is saying.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 29, 2013, 01:35:59 PM
I think there'll be a few different faces on the panel next year. So the word on the grapevine is saying.  ;)

Who?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 29, 2013, 01:19:20 PM
A bit like Antrim at the minute. ;)
Would be so much better with Winker playing  :)

NAG1

What's the story this week then lads are there matches on for Wednesday or not?

Seamroga in exile

We have no matches until Sunday week.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Na Glinntí Glasa

were back again on the 10th at home to Ballycastle then away to Glenariffe. was supposed to be a home game but we changed it as they have a festival on that weekend.
hurl like f**k boi!

Leyland

Cushendall beat us in Feis final by 2-11 v 1-12. Decent game. Played with a bite of bite to it, both teams went at it. The standard wasnt brilliant, but was still fairly competitive the whole way through. We were 6 or 7 up in first half and lost 2 poor goals - cant understand why Ryan McGarry wasnt in goals - saw him pucking about at half time.

Was relatively pleased with our lads - they stood up to cdall and could have won the game with a bit of luck.

Overall an encouraging week for us beating nearly a full strength Loughgiel team, and running a full strength Dall team to 2 points in the space of 5 days albeit the Feis Cup. Definite steps in the right road.

I hope lads knuckle down over next two months.

johnneycool

Quote from: Leyland on July 01, 2013, 03:31:36 PM
Cushendall beat us in Feis final by 2-11 v 1-12. Decent game. Played with a bite of bite to it, both teams went at it. The standard wasnt brilliant, but was still fairly competitive the whole way through. We were 6 or 7 up in first half and lost 2 poor goals - cant understand why Ryan McGarry wasnt in goals - saw him pucking about at half time.

Was relatively pleased with our lads - they stood up to cdall and could have won the game with a bit of luck.

Overall an encouraging week for us beating nearly a full strength Loughgiel team, and running a full strength Dall team to 2 points in the space of 5 days albeit the Feis Cup. Definite steps in the right road.

Do you think they've another few gears to click into come championship time?

Sometimes teams go flat out early on to get a few good results early on in the league and then blow up when the rest catch up training wise when it comes round to the business end of the year.

I got the impression from watching Loughguile the other week that they maybe hadn't done an awful lot of stickwork yet and had loads of roam for improvement.

Megaman

Quote from: johnneycool on July 01, 2013, 04:08:25 PM

Do you think they've another few gears to click into come championship time?

Sometimes teams go flat out early on to get a few good results early on in the league and then blow up when the rest catch up training wise when it comes round to the business end of the year.

I got the impression from watching Loughguile the other week that they maybe hadn't done an awful lot of stickwork yet and had loads of roam for improvement.

Cant speak for the shams but i would imagine they will raise their game considerably come championship

As for Cushendall i seriously hope they find a few gears as i thought they where very poor yesterday. loads to be worked on i would have thought.

Ive only seen Ballycastle a couple of times this year and they have disappointed me both times.

BlackandAmber

Leyland that looks like your blaming the keeper for the goals.  Ryan has been away and to just go straight into team after comin back would'nt be fair maybe.  And I would'nt blame the keeper if you have an extra man in defence and can't deal with a high ball into the square it is'nt hardly the keepers fault. And not one high ball TWO high balls.  Cushendall have a good defence. They ahve had for a few years now so where's the sense in giving a good defence an free man. And when that man is Neil McManus well what more can you say!

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 29, 2013, 12:03:26 PM
I've said before on here perhaps a few of the clubs should look into amalgamating their hurling teams. I know it'll never happen but it's worth considering.

Think that development is inevitable sie in the not too distance future ie 5 years

Fronk The Tank

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 20, 2012, 10:23:52 PM
Micky McCloskey Rossa goalkeeper at underage up to Minor/ under 21, Great keeper but Never really committed after Minor. Got Injured in a bit of a riot  during a minor championship game and never really had his heart in it afterwards. Was the best keeper rossa produced in recent history just a pity he never really played senior.

To be honest, that isn't entirely true. I played in those same minor teams as Micky, and the match you're referring to was the Minor championship semi-final replay against Loughgiel, and Mick got hit in the head from some shithouse when the final whistle went, which turned into a full scale battle between our minor team that other lot and their dozens of idiot supporters who jumped the fence to get involved. Thing is though, that was our first year minor. He was still our keeper when we won the championship again the next season, and I played another full season in under 21 along with him.

A lot of us tend to fall away around that time due to work and other commitments. I could tell you what though - that match wasn't the reason why anyone lost the will to play anymore. In fact, it spurred us on so much that we beat all around us the following year.

Facts lads ;)

btdtgtt

Anyone know what's happening with the farce that is the ulster hurling championship?

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 05, 2013, 03:14:36 PM
Anyone know what's happening with the farce that is the ulster hurling championship?

Is the farce that Antrim go straight into the final every year?   ;)

Down and Derry replay their semi-final this Sunday in Armagh, the minor final between Down and Antrim is on before it.

The final was to be this Sunday, so I presume It'll be next Sunday.

saffron89

Ulster championship.  Definite over haul needed   Fact that its played on casement all the time doesn't help