Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Ports and Rossa in free fall. Surprised by Ports though.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Dunloy 4 point winners over the Johnnies, The Johnnies improving?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CornerBackNo2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2013, 08:09:02 PM

Incorrect - St John's won by 4,
3-13 to 3-09

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CornerBackNo2 on June 23, 2013, 08:13:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2013, 08:09:02 PM

Incorrect - St John's won by 4,
3-13 to 3-09

Oh has changed now on the Antrim site, decent win and fair play.

Jesusjones

That is a massive result for St. John's. It'll do their confidence the world of good.

Saffrongael

Neil McManus on Twitter - Seems seriously unfair that all Antrims championship games were away this yr! Lip service being paid to ulster hurling as usual !

Like an excuse a school kid would use
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Jesusjones

It sounds like the truth, every single year we are forced to play our first Championship match away from home. Does that seem fair? Or was it fair that 9 of our 12 matches this year were away from home? I think every genuine Antrim person would agree, the only people, like you Saffrongael, who would disagree are doing so because of petty reasons. I wonder would you have reacted in the same way if Liam Watson said that in his regular "I hate Antrim" column.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Jesusjones on June 24, 2013, 07:25:03 AM
It sounds like the truth, every single year we are forced to play our first Championship match away from home. Does that seem fair? Or was it fair that 9 of our 12 matches this year were away from home? I think every genuine Antrim person would agree, the only people, like you Saffrongael, who would disagree are doing so because of petty reasons. I wonder would you have reacted in the same way if Liam Watson said that in his regular "I hate Antrim" column.

We knew when we entered Leinster the games would be away from home, same for Galway. It's the luck of the draw whether games or home or away outside of that. We have some cheek complaining about having to play games away from home, we have hardly been outside Casement in the last 30 years in the Ulster Championship. I suppose it is far easier to blame where games are played than face the harsh realities.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 24, 2013, 08:06:38 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on June 24, 2013, 07:25:03 AM

We knew when we entered Leinster the games would be away from home, same for Galway. It's the luck of the draw whether games or home or away outside of that. We have some cheek complaining about having to play games away from home, we have hardly been outside Casement in the last 30 years in the Ulster Championship. I suppose it is far easier to blame where games are played than face the harsh realities.

Exactly.  No point pushing for an entry into Leinster and then crying about having to play away from home.  The quaifier draw is obviously down to luck so you just have to get on with it.  If we want to make progress we have to try and compete on an even playing field.  If we start guaranteeing Antrim home fixtures where does it stop?  3 point headstart?  Opposition only allowed 13/14 men?

If we want respect as a hurling county we have to earn it, not go crying to Croke Park to give our senior team as many advantages as possible.

By all means push for help with underage coaching etc but we need to draw the line and realise other counties laugh at us for crying about things like this.

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 23, 2013, 05:37:45 PM
Beat ballygalget 11-9

As the score would suggest a pretty lifeless game spoiled by a strong wind blowing straight down the field meaning both teams packed their defences when playing into it.

Loughgiel trying to be too elaborate at times and it not working out for them, probably kept us in the game, but we didn't look like getting the margin down enough to cause any problems.

Still need another 4 to 6 points for safety IMO. I'd expect Rossa to do their usual trick and be playing games and picking up points in October or November when most teams have ceased training.

I'm not going to comment on the lack of home games for Antrim  ;)

Seamroga in exile

Winker has put forward his ideas to improve antrim in his column JJ. He has never once stated that he hates them as you put it. Again, get your facts correct before posting your anti loughgiel/winker rants.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 24, 2013, 09:01:07 AM
Winker has put forward his ideas to improve antrim in his column JJ. He has never once stated that he hates them as you put it. Again, get your facts correct before posting your anti loughgiel/winker rants.

Hate is a bit strong in fairness, however you could hardly call 'his' column constructive or positive in any shape or form concerning Antrim.

theskull1

Do people think we should listen to a walking contradiction? Seriously?

I'm totally against any player or current manager mouthing off in weekly columns regardless of how respected they are
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Quote from: theskull1 on June 24, 2013, 09:27:27 AM
Do people think we should listen to a walking contradiction? Seriously?

I'm totally against any player or current manager mouthing off in weekly columns regardless of how respected they are

;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

Not a bad result for us despite losing. We played well minus shorty and woody. Also Oran Quinn, Kevin marring and séan dowds injured so were short a few. Nigel Elliott came off early with a knee injury and we also lost young Adam O'kane in corner back to a broken collar bone. Despite all that plus a ref who was utterly woefull to us the entire game we played pretty well.
hurl like f**k boi!