Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Leyland on May 30, 2013, 09:09:23 PM
We have had a decent run recently after a poor start to the league. For first time in as long while we are throwing up some big scores, although to be fair portaferry where hindered by county men's exploits and glenariffe are just struggling. However after two decades on failure it warms the heart to see a bit of real class in our club. But always a warning sign with our lads. It's only june and a lot of hurling to be played before Sept. On another positive note we are sitting top of reserve league, which coupled with winning reserve championship last year is some step forward from where we were. I just hope we push on and are realistic that we have a young squad who need developing.

Elsewhere dunloy seem to have found form again, and shorty is getting back to his best. I always thought he was a magic player. Great to watch. Will def take in there game with shams on Monday.

Loughgiel however Will take sum beating over next 2 or 3 years......they have a bit of depth to panel.

Would agree with most of that Leyland. Recent under 21 success and reserves says a lot for the work being put in
at juvenile level and current management are bringing them on. They are young and still a work in progress and
will take a couple of years to mature and really start challenging. Lets hope they can keep the squad together.
Any news on Hippy? Last I heard he was looking at an op.

Your first post mentioned my Sarsfields prediction. I learned that from MR2. St Galls never train you know and have to borrow sticks and helmets any time they have a big game.  ;)

How do you see them going against St Johns in the final?

And golf? Never played the game in my life. I would'nt have the time or the inclination.

btdtgtt

Just home after a tour of the falls made worthwhile by an incredible day at Rossa.

Full credit hardstation to the club.
Teams from all over Ireland and the Liam McCarthy cup - pitches swamped by young Gaels.
It was the sort of days stops us all from becoming old man on the hill cynics.

Kilmacud crimes won but by that stage the day at for a long time been a success for everyone.

I work with a Protestant guy who I keep promising to take to a game - absolutely gutted I didn't take him up there today! Everything that was great about our association. 

Well done to everyone at Rossa I am sure there was a mountain of work involved in bringing so many teams from Kilkenny Galway etc.

Ps hardstation: i didnt know there was a "social area" in Rossa as well!

btdtgtt

Quote from: hardstation on June 01, 2013, 05:37:39 PM
Social area has been there for about a year now and is open at all matches. Think you get a free cup of tea or coffee with your £3 admission to senior games.

Is that all?!
Once again well done today - a great spectacle and no doubt a lot of hard work went into it.

btdtgtt

Understood.
I will maybe get an invite for a cup of tea tomorro! Going to watch glenarrife match.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 01, 2013, 05:07:52 PM
Just home after a tour of the falls made worthwhile by an incredible day at Rossa.

Full credit hardstation to the club.
Teams from all over Ireland and the Liam McCarthy cup - pitches swamped by young Gaels.
It was the sort of days stops us all from becoming old man on the hill cynics.

Kilmacud crimes won but by that stage the day at for a long time been a success for everyone.

I work with a Protestant guy who I keep promising to take to a game - absolutely gutted I didn't take him up there today! Everything that was great about our association. 

Well done to everyone at Rossa I am sure there was a mountain of work involved in bringing so many teams from Kilkenny Galway etc.

Ps hardstation: i didnt know there was a "social area" in Rossa as well!

How did the local teams do against the "big teams"
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Big result for Rossa today.  Fair score also.  Much needed.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

We beat Clooney Gaels today, I had to step in and referee it as the ref fixed for it was injured, worst thing in the world to do, you had your own clubmates giving off and the other team thinking you are cheating them!!! Nightmare.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

Well done MR2. I got a text to do that one 30 minutes before throw in. No way I could make it

ManInBlackandGreen

I heard you never broke sweat in the reserve game today MR2, definitely poacher come game keeper or what! LOL ;) Not easy MR2 and do us a favour pull your feckn socks up! ;)

ManInBlackandGreen

Just 30 minutes Lecale2 you sure???????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 02, 2013, 08:07:37 PM
I heard you never broke sweat in the reserve game today MR2, definitely poacher come game keeper or what! LOL ;) Not easy MR2 and do us a favour pull your feckn socks up! ;)

The game was grand, they wanted to hurl so no need to blow for much during the game. Those are the easy ones.

As for the socks, I was never comfortable with having the socks pulled up.

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 02, 2013, 07:55:17 PM
Well done MR2. I got a text to do that one 30 minutes before throw in. No way I could make it

Between a rock and a hard f**king place. Note to one self, don't do your own team

Seamroga in exile

We're going to be short a few tomorrow night. The young fellas are being well brought through this year though. I'd say a couple of regulars are looking at bench time come the championship. Looking forward to tomorrow night, it should be a good tight contest, as always.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 02, 2013, 08:46:33 PM
We're going to be short a few tomorrow night. The young fellas are being well brought through this year though. I'd say a couple of regulars are looking at bench time come the championship. Looking forward to tomorrow night, it should be a good tight contest, as always.

Dunloy by 5

Seamroga in exile

They'd be favourites alright.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera