Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

6 point defeat and again seems to be a heavy reliance on 2 players/frees. Looks bad.

Seamroga in exile

the happy campers beaten by 6 points. Dreadful performance.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Gizzy15

All camps are happy..... When you've just won. Last year the garden was filled with roses until mullingar then the swords came out and the whole thing was a farce. Hope the same doesn't happen this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on May 18, 2013, 08:31:53 PM
6 point defeat and again seems to be a heavy reliance on 2 players/frees. Looks bad.

Terrible, hard game to win but our level has dropped in that second tier band of counties. A successful year would have been to meet Galway and put up a good show in the Qualifies.

Begs the question, do we need outside managers? Takes too long for for the settling period and this result sets us back a few years. A manager from Antrim who knows the scene, players, their commitment levels and attitude. At the minute and for a few years we have been lacking. Very worrying
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Think this should be taken on the chin and they should try to move on as a whole squad. Early championship exit can destroy a squad because of the long wait for a qualifier and a loss of a bit of buzz/ hunger. Could be rite mr2 bout manager thing thou who from within could unite a squad???

Minder

We just aren't as good as we think we are.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gizzy15

Quote from: Minder on May 18, 2013, 08:45:14 PM
We just aren't as good as we think we are.

True, I think that resulted from the 80's and 90's with far to many easy appearances in all Ireland semi finals in croker and of course the 1 great year in 89. We had 1 or 2 close calls in all but realistically had we been in Leinster then we would have struggled to get to one All Ireland semi.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2013, 08:33:54 PM
You'll be pleased with the result tonight.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 18, 2013, 09:16:01 PM
not at all. If you believe that you're mistaken. I've followed Antrim all over Ireland for the best Part of 25 years. I want nothing but the best for them. Unfortunately the current set up is a joke.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 18, 2013, 10:09:36 PM
not at all. If you believe that you're mistaken. I've followed Antrim all over Ireland for the best Part of 25 years. I want nothing but the best for them. Unfortunately the current set up is a joke.

why do you say that SIE

Na Glinntí Glasa

Just home from the game. Very disappointing result. We defend well in periods but the forwards just didn't get the scores when it was needed.
I still think we have a good team but we lack a few more decent forwards.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Any positives that says we defended well and the goalkeeper had a great game means we were shite!!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: saffron89 on May 18, 2013, 11:01:39 PM

why do you say that SIE

of course he's happy, thinks there is some vindication now for the sniping he's being going over. pathetic

just in the door home, bad result but they where the better team. shorty and Graffin hurled well, Hamill played well when he came on.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Glensman

Quote from: saffron89 on May 18, 2013, 11:01:39 PM

why do you say that SIE

Agree. Why is the current set up a joke bar Winker's non-inclusion and a few personal issues with Cushendall men?

From the outside has Ryan not trained them hard and despite slightly renegging on getting a few late additions tried to create a bond among a squad.

Rather than sticking the knife in confirm why it's a joke and who/how we change it?

As noted we just must not be at the required level of be the best of tier two/three.