Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2013, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 01, 2013, 11:01:44 AM
We've 10 newcomers starting against dunloy later. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.

If they are coming from your minor team of last year they will be terrible, I refereed a couple of games and the fullback was the only decent player you had. How did the mighty reserves do yesterday against Dunloy? Will they be lining out again today?

Milltown, what's the story with Karl Stewart??

manballandall

Karl is training hard and will be on show on wed night all being well

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on April 01, 2013, 11:21:27 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2013, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 01, 2013, 11:01:44 AM
We've 10 newcomers starting against dunloy later. It'll be interesting to see how they get on.

If they are coming from your minor team of last year they will be terrible, I refereed a couple of games and the fullback was the only decent player you had. How did the mighty reserves do yesterday against Dunloy? Will they be lining out again today?

Milltown, what's the story with Karl Stewart??

He'd the flu I was led to believe, big loss on Sunday, could have done with him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Hasn't been with the county for past few weeks I am led to believe

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel won by two points after being 4 points down at half time. 0-10 to 1-05. Paddy doc shown the line again for A dirty strike on Skinner.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

we beat the oisins handy enough in the end today 2-15. to 0-5.

tougher challenges lie ahead

imtommygunn

According to a boy on twitter St Johns beat Rossa with 2 late goals - 4-8 to 2-10.

Last Man

Quote from: manballandall on April 01, 2013, 11:45:43 AM
Hasn't been with the county for past few weeks I am led to believe
Been gassed I hear. No one man bigger than the team it seems, which is fair enough I suppose. Albeit disappointing to lose him.

btdtgtt

Yes that score is correct!

Not sure if St. John's stole this or Rossa threw it away but what is clear is that Rossa have the same problem as they had in division 2 - conceding goals!

With the breeze in 1st half they did the scoring then have away a soft goal and penalty. Scores by Brian McFall.

In the 2nd half Rossa were completely dominant and les by 4 with 9mins + added time to go.
Another penalty and another soft goal and game over. The johnnies loved it!

Anyone know who Rossa keeper was? McFall will never score an easier penalty - I couldn't believe the shape of this lad he stood no chance - short & heavy an understatement he was never going to get near any shot!

In between times the game was competitive and well contested - first touches either rusty at the start of the year or just a result of pressure applied?

Best for St. John's - Simon McCrory really stood out and McFall was an influence when on the ball especially near the end.
For Rossa - young Beatty and bell the pick.

Both teams had a few players who for me will be well out of their depth against the big teams and again both still over reliant on older hands.
Maybe connected to our earlier thread about young lads not coming through?

Well done St. John's they never stopped and bragging rights are theirs!

Next up its milltown on Wednesday.

manballandall

Galls vs sarsfields at bear pit at 6.30 tomorrow night

CitySlicker11

Thought the Rossa keeper done grand, the two penalties, well McFall normally never misses them anyway, and he had a very good puck out especially against the wind.

St Johns looked that bit sharper but Rossa looked the better overall team and with a few more games under their belt at this pace I think they can do well.

manballandall

St galls win by 6. Good win and display considering the team hasn't been together much. Hopefully things will continue to improve now for them

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on April 03, 2013, 08:13:33 PM
St galls win by 6. Good win and display considering the team hasn't been together much. Hopefully things will continue to improve now for them

Just back, the game was scrappy enough. (I only made the second half) Was a bit of a battle but the two goals scored at the start of the second half was the difference, Sarsfields got it back to 2 points but and we'd a man sent off for two yellows so it was tight, Sarsfields had a lad sent of for a terrible strike off the ball late on, rush of blood but dangerous enough strike to the face guard. Too stop start and no real fluency in the game to make it entertaining.

We had no McGourty's and No Stewart playing, so I'd say the performance was great considering the calibre of players missing. Thought Sarsfields went for goal way to early and could have tag on a lot of points but happy days they didn't.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I was waiting on your posts first there lads.
Fair enough - no bias.

Can I get one thing off my chest first?
The thing that I left sarsfields with this evening was that I couldn't believe several of their supporters / management disputed the red card. I think mr2 u might be doing them a favour I though it was a sickening strike and if those on the scoreboard side thought otherwise they are to be treated with contempt.

I'd agree it wasn't a great game - but competitive at least.

I think sarsfields chasing goals is a natiral response when a team concedes them - and to be honest I didn't think they were going to get enough points to cut the gap without a major.

Some strange faces in the galls line up mr2 / manballandall or just me?!

Milltown Row2

New lads coming in, thats what its all about, bringing a few on and soon enough they become seniors, I'd say there is more to work on over the next few weeks but good, regradless of the entertainment to get a win.

In fairness not too many disputed the sending off, I'd a feeling the referee didn't see it but certainly heard it :P