Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Cloot would catch a ball with a man at the front back and both sides marking him, with hurls rainning down on him ffs!! Wish I'd the knowledge I have now back then, I'd give myself a good slap!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2013, 01:03:36 AM
Cloot would catch a ball with a man at the front back and both sides marking him, with hurls rainning down on him ffs!! Wish I'd the knowledge I have now back then, I'd give myself a good slap!!

ffs stop reminiscing, worst nite of my life was having pinky, donnelly and paul jennings marked me within 30 mins up in the town. but were talking bout now,

btdtgtt

Great thread lads!
Enjoyed reading some of those!

1) I think St. John's will bring more of those young teams through as they have some good men at the club which were perhaps missing before. Although HS wisdom may be right in terms of the dual conflict starting - especially given the personalities involved.
That said - I don't think they will win a senior championship.

2) Rossa did dominate and underage gizzy but only tagged on one championship (see previous point) because what you cannot control is that other clubs don't sit idly by. That Rossa team were only beaten by a dunloy team which as MR2 said - were just adding 2/3 players to a successful side.

3) looking on then? SiE can tell us maybe loughiel don't need a successful minor team - they might just need to add a handful to this side?

4) ballycastle were mentioned - for me they are more likely to make the breakthrough than St. John's. they are bringing lads through in a parochial and single code club.

What's great is this thread has highlighted so many different factors - it's how they play out that decide where the volunteer cup goes once loughiel let it go!
That's what keeps us all watching and waiting and opinionated!

saffron89

Mr2 I'd say some of ur memories are viewed a little differently by the brave warriors that took to the field with u. However thanks for the snapshot and those memories.  In this cold snap they brought an inner glow. Was wondering if you'd consider a speaker role at the bredagh fund raising nite before hurling final.  Sincerest regards. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on March 23, 2013, 08:09:37 PM
Mr2 I'd say some of ur memories are viewed a little differently by the brave warriors that took to the field with u. However thanks for the snapshot and those memories.  In this cold snap they brought an inner glow. Was wondering if you'd consider a speaker role at the bredagh fund raising nite before hurling final.  Sincerest regards.

Our memories of games in the past are always different to those that took the field that same game. We had a laugh about it all on St Patricks day/night in the club, the hurling was by today's standard crap but it was what it was.

As for my memories, I prefer to remember them as they were/are a couple of winners medals and few league wins and a lot of criac along the way. Have made some great friends through the GAA and will continue to do so.

I love the puzzlement look on peoples faces (non-GAA men) when two guys start talking about hurling/football clubs/counties it's like speaking a different language class.

As for speaking, I'm a very timid person not great at speaking to large groups lol :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Carlow 0-13 Antrim 3-14 FT

Well done.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

A good result against a team they should be beating. A major improvement on their last outing.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Decent tally. Who where the main scorers?

Looks like decent competitive matches in 1A.

btdtgtt

Would have fancied us in casement but away from home that counts as a good result!
Well done to Ryan and the squad!
A win over Offaly would still count as a shock however.

Do I go to casement?
Or save my gate money for both belfast derbies on Monday!
HS and MR2/manballandall any idea how much into league games?!

Milltown Row2

Free to ours. Rossa\ St Johs usually charge.

btdtgtt

I paid into milltown last year that oul fella must have seen me coming! Although he does leave pretty sharpish once ball thrown in for the cheap skates!
Maybe a cover charge would help build changing rooms!
I fancy that games to be close with home advantage winning it for bellews boys!

manballandall

Johnnies will charge fiver I'd say. Wouldn't pay to watch us:)

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on March 23, 2013, 12:55:44 AM
If youre good enough, youre old enough was the well used phrase. Very few are good enough at 16 for senior. So far all I can think of in no particular order is ally elliott, mill town and jc  ;D

Anybody that had 'the pleasure' of marking cloot knows why he is held in such high esteem in hurling circles. He was a wizard

I couldn't be held in such esteemed company, I played adult hurling at 16. I had to wait a few years plying my trade in the reserves against the likes of Eddie Donnelly senior, I kid you not, his arm was thicker than my leg FFS, before I played senior hurling.

My first ever senior club game was against the Jew McMullan of Loughgeil, the beardy lad, still have the painful memories of that with me yet, he'd played in the AI final the previous year and I think I was 19 at the time. A week later it was Tony McGrath up in Dunloy, Learned hard and learned fast.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: johnneycool on March 25, 2013, 08:54:16 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 23, 2013, 12:55:44 AM
If youre good enough, youre old enough was the well used phrase. Very few are good enough at 16 for senior. So far all I can think of in no particular order is ally elliott, mill town and jc  ;D

Anybody that had 'the pleasure' of marking cloot knows why he is held in such high esteem in hurling circles. He was a wizard

I couldn't be held in such esteemed company, I played adult hurling at 16. I had to wait a few years plying my trade in the reserves against the likes of Eddie Donnelly senior, I kid you not, his arm was thicker than my leg FFS, before I played senior hurling.

My first ever senior club game was against the Jew McMullan of Loughgeil, the beardy lad, still have the painful memories of that with me yet, he'd played in the AI final the previous year and I think I was 19 at the time. A week later it was Tony McGrath up in Dunloy, Learned hard and learned fast.

That is a steep learning curve!

btdtgtt

I am taking my belfast mc cooey hat (baseball cap) off just to say best wishes to the north antrim folk in the current conditions - some shocking scenes inflicted by nature.
Hope everyone is ok and ofcourse your precious cows & sheep!