Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizzy15

Just seen Antrim team for sunday. Must say if we can get plenty of ball into that full forward line they have the ability to do real damage and see us through. hope the boys put last week behind them and get the win we need.

Ryan Mcgarry
Arron Graffin
Conor Carson
Mark McFadden
Simon McCrory
Neal McCauley
Conor McKinley
Matthew Donnelly
Conor Laverty
Paul Shiels
Stephen Beatty
Eddie McCloskey
Neil McManus
Karl Stewart
Shane McNaughton

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 14, 2013, 11:17:58 PM
Just seen Antrim team for sunday. Must say if we can get plenty of ball into that full forward line they have the ability to do real damage and see us through. hope the boys put last week behind them and get the win we need.

Ryan Mcgarry
Arron Graffin
Conor Carson
Mark McFadden
Simon McCrory
Neal McCauley
Conor McKinley
Matthew Donnelly
Conor Laverty
Paul Shiels
Stephen Beatty
Eddie McCloskey
Neil McManus
Karl Stewart
Shane McNaughton

That's the major problem (getting ball in), half back line is really decent but I'd worry about some other areas which left me bewildered on Sunday
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2013, 11:29:05 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on March 14, 2013, 11:17:58 PM

Ryan Mcgarry
Arron Graffin
Conor Carson
Mark McFadden
Simon McCrory
Neal McCauley
Conor McKinley
Matthew Donnelly
Conor Laverty
Paul Shiels
Stephen Beatty
Eddie McCloskey
Neil McManus
Karl Stewart
Shane McNaughton

That's the major problem (getting ball in), half back line is really decent but I'd worry about some other areas which left me bewildered on Sunday

Thats why i used the word IF. same think hb line esp McAuley were v good. but 3 of the best players are all up tops. may be hard to gain possession outfield.

btdtgtt

Looking at that team I don't think it'll line out like that or else not in the traditional 15 positions. McManus must be coming out the field.

Gizzy15

thought the same, him or shane but if we had belief we would leave the inside forward line as it is. either belief or a more experienced outfield is what we need as we beat wexford last year and now the boys seem to be more confident in the set up, so why not go for the win, go for the jugular and let them deal with us.

Jesusjones

Leaving 2 men in the full forward line backfired against Dublin, their full backs won a load of easy ball and had time to pick out a player with the clearance. Why can we not just line out properly from 1 to 15 and go and try and win the game?

tom moore83

because we havent got the players, Half the Antrim are not good enough. Simple as. Be lucky if we dont get relegated

Seamroga in exile

hurlers getting stuffed again. What the squad doesn't need now is anyone else coming into the squad because its a good, happy,  tight unit.  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

2-21 to 1-12. Seemed to be reasonably tight at half-time.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 03:15:07 PM
hurlers getting stuffed again. What the squad doesn't need now is anyone else coming into the squad because its a good, happy,  tight unit.  ::)

Hurlers getting beat and you think the solution to them not getting beat is to bow and scrape to individuals who have already been asked?  :-\

Did no one tell you it not all about the winning? Can you not separate principles from club allegiance?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on March 16, 2013, 04:15:14 PM

Hurlers getting beat and you think the solution to them not getting beat is to bow and scrape to individuals who have already been asked?  :-\

Did no one tell you it not all about the winning? Can you not separate principles from club allegiance?
Perhaps that's the difference between you and me Skull, where I sit it is all about the winning. What's the point otherwise? Maybe that's why we've had the success we've had as a club, different mentality.  ;)

Ryan ploughed his trough when he told our players they had to train with the county even though they were still in the AI at that time if they wanted to be considered for the panel. Mental. he's retreated backwards on that more times than enough. And also when the county captain gives interviews like he did a few weeks ago in the press, and his and his club mates childish antics on and off field last year left a lot to be desired , you need to look as to why some fellas don't feel welcome within the current Antrim fold. And you seem to think I'm referring to one player. He's made it clear he's not available this year. I expect no one to bow to anyone, that's the point.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 04:42:08 PM

Perhaps that's the difference between you and me Skull, where I sit it is all about the winning. What's the point otherwise? Maybe that's why we've had the success we've had as a club, different mentality.  ;)

Ryan ploughed his trough when he told our players they had to train with the county even though they were still in the AI at that time if they wanted to be considered for the panel. Mental. he's retreated backwards on that more times than enough. And also when the county captain gives interviews like he did a few weeks ago in the press, and his and his club mates childish antics on and off field last year left a lot to be desired , you need to look as to why some fellas don't feel welcome within the current Antrim fold. And you seem to think I'm referring to one player. He's made it clear he's not available this year. I expect no one to bow to anyone, that's the point.
:-X

tom moore83

Seems like the truth hurts a lot of people. SIE you are 100% correct

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 16, 2013, 04:48:36 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2013, 04:42:08 PM

:-X

I'm sure there are many clubs that have lads that are very childish.

While I would love my club to win every competition they play in, I want Antrim hurling to improve overall and that won't happen when people throw their dummies out. I've never known an Antrim team to have so much disharmony in it. It really is annoying
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Goal straight after half time seemed to kill it off today. Will be doing well to stay up.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"