Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

Excellent coverage of Loughgiel's AI semi final on the official Antrim GAA site. Well done lads.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2013, 09:34:58 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 14, 2013, 06:54:22 PM
No excuse for me not to make the half hour journey to watch this.

FFS so it won't be on TV?????

Clones pitch should be ok, hasn't had too many games on it, though last time I seen semi final there Dunloy were duffed by Birr :o

It'd be considered a pretty wet pitch as well and there's been some pish of rain the last few days. Hopefully the pitch will have no bearing on the result and help produce a good fast game of hurling.

Who's de ref this time? McGrath?

Na Glinntí Glasa

bit of common sense moving the game to clones as parnell would of been for nothing this week!

cant believe the GAA actually listened to the clubs!
hurl like f**k boi!

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 14, 2013, 11:46:30 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 14, 2013, 10:41:08 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 14, 2013, 10:36:51 PM

Clones pitch should be ok, hasn't had too many games on it, though last time I seen semi final there Dunloy were duffed by Birr :o
It's looking like deferred coverage after the Cross game.

Is the second football semi not live at 4pm?
no idea  ;)

TG4 haven't updated their schedule;

Hurling Semi-final (Replay)
St. Thomas (galway) v Lochgiel Shamrocks (Antrim)

Match Starts: 17:45
Venue: Páirc Parnell, BÁC
Extra-time if required (2 x 10')

PRESENTER: Gráinne McElwain
COMMENTARY: Mac Dara Mac Donncha
ANALYSIS: Cathal Moore & Pat Fleury

hopefully us armchair fans get to see it deferred at quarter to 6.

NAG1

A day like we are getting today, might encourage a few of the armchair viewers to jump in the car and make a run for the border  ;)

Sleeping giant

Bouncing!!!   Come on the shamrocks!!!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

johnneycool

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 15, 2013, 03:37:19 PM
Bouncing!!!   Come on the shamrocks!!!!

Throw a few championship shoulder charges into anyone you meet on the street, that'll keep you right!!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: johnneycool on February 15, 2013, 08:56:20 AM

It'd be considered a pretty wet pitch as well and there's been some pish of rain the last few days. Hopefully the pitch will have no bearing on the result and help produce a good fast game of hurling.

Terry Owens, Wexford.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on February 15, 2013, 08:56:20 AM

Pitch has improved over the years Johnny in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Íseal agus crua isteach a

All the best tomorrow Loughiel. I believe if you play to your potential you will prevail. Goals win games so I would love to see Liam Watson in full forward and the half forwards playing further back. Thus leaving loads of space for the inside line to operate more efficiently.

Liam is some man to hit a 21 meter free. Arguably the finest in Antrim since Seamus McMullan. The last day he was unlucky not to have  have had a second goal from a free in extra time. Some serious top spin on the one he took before his goal, which resulted in a point.

Very exited a bout the match now. I would much prefare the club All-Ireland series as apposed to inter County. Less predictable and much more variety. Hope the pitch holds up. Has the makings of another classic! 

Minder

So Shamrocks beaten 0-7 to 0-15.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Poor performance from both sides in first half with St. Thomas dominating second half. Winker was anonymous apart from knocking over frees. I think Loughgiel may only have scored a point from play!

Saffrongael

St Thomas looked as if they were the better team last week, they proved they were today. Shamrocks very poor.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

AQMP

Quote from: Saffrongael on February 16, 2013, 05:38:43 PM
St Thomas looked as if they were the better team last week, they proved they were today. Shamrocks very poor.

Is about right.

orangeman

Clones looked in some nick.