Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

It would solve a big problem for a certain st Thomas of Galway that's for sure!

manballandall

In fairness I don't think johnny was referring to the shamrock boys and you might see that if you take off your red and white tinted glasses .

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: manballandall on December 12, 2012, 11:25:40 PM
In fairness I don't think johnny was referring to the shamrock boys and you might see that if you take off your red and white tinted glasses .
In fairness, I wasn't referring to the shamrocks, I was referring to any team who makes it through to the ai semi. That's why I used the term "successful club players". perhaps showing a little anti shamrock bias there manballandall?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 12, 2012, 07:56:14 PM
And therefore punishing the successful club players for being successful. Hardly a perfect scenario, but I'll wish him all the best.

You've obviously read the part where I said he'd be well within his rights to make exceptions for them and invite them into the panel after their club campaign ends?

How would this be punishing successful club players?

The point I was trying to make is that he needs all the players to understand than swanning back to training in springtime and get handed a jersey won't work any more. He's got to break that mentality.

Seamroga in exile

The way I read it was you were referring to clubs still in competition. I take you mean players in general coming and going when they feel like it. It wasn't made clear.

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 13, 2012, 09:52:05 AM
The way I read it was you were referring to clubs still in competition. I take you mean players in general coming and going when they feel like it. It wasn't made clear.

In a ham fisted way, I was suggesting that other players may see the Loughgeil players joining later and asking, why not them. I was trying to make that distinction.

Seamroga in exile

Ah, ok. good point.  ;)

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on December 13, 2012, 10:25:27 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 13, 2012, 09:52:05 AM

In a ham fisted way, I was suggesting that other players may see the Loughgeil players joining later and asking, why not them. I was trying to make that distinction.

Any player that would need to ask such a question would need to have a look at themselves. Every chance it would happen though
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Rasharkin Gael

Gregory O'Kane confirmed as new Manager of Rasharkin Senior Hurling Team.

Na Glinntí Glasa

nice one! all the best to him with it!
hurl like f**k boi!

manballandall

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on December 13, 2012, 12:58:36 PM
Gregory O'Kane confirmed as new Manager of Rasharkin Senior Hurling Team.
Thats some coup for yous...must have high ambitions

north aontroim gael

Been outta the country for work over the past while but heard about what happenend at the Ulster Writers awards via a mate on Tuesday night.

Crazy scenario with two of our current 'stars' thinking they had found Liam Watsons award for being named on the jubilee team and smashing it to try and get a reaction from him.  From what I hear, Liam had already laid his award by for safe keeping and the two eejits were left red faced as they were told that they had destroyed someone elses award.

LW would of been well within his rights to have started a row over this but let it pass given the occasion.

People wonder why we don't get commitment from our club players?!

I'll probably get some stick about dragging up something that happenend away from the field and after a few drinks etc. etc.  But if this had of been LW involved then he would of been openly slated so don't see why others get away with it.

Seamroga in exile

You're 100% correct with your final statement. It would have been a field day on here.

It was Gregory O'Kane's award they smashed, he could have made an incident of it but showed some class in not doing so. they smashed it after slabbering about Loughgiel and the people in it. Classy stuff.  ::)

Sleeping giant

f**king delighted someone has said that.   I didn't want to be on here saying it.   110% true.    Nag and his mates would do some talking if it was other way around
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come