Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

The motion can be confusing without including teams in the scenarios.

Is there anyone who actually believes st galls should be intermediate and not senior championship?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 04, 2012, 10:39:59 PM
The motion can be confusing without including teams in the scenarios.

Is there anyone who actually believes st galls should be intermediate and not senior championship?!

I'm back training and looking for another Intermediate medal!! :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gizzy15

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2012, 10:19:46 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on December 04, 2012, 10:13:52 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 20, 2012, 08:22:41 AM
Div 2 and 3 are competitive though are still open to change. Intermediate C'ship final between 2 Div 3 teams who could hold their own in Div 2. also Clooney Gaels and Armoy. Would it not be possible to Have top 2from Div 2 promoted to Div 1 no relegation(10 team div 1) top 4 in Div 3 all of whome are capable up to div 2 (10 team div 2). and top 4 fom Div 4 up to Div 3 (8 team Div 3).

If you Look at the teams this would involve all the Leagues would be very competitive. Div 1 teams may not want two up but would this really detract from standard as one of the two div 2 teams will be going up anyway and they are of a similar standard.

Just an opnion and not wanting to ruffle any feathers just to see what other people think.

very like motion 6 at the moment, only real way to go

I'm not saying we'd win the Intermediate championship but i would say we'd be the bookies fav to win it. We'd get nothing out of competing in it in fairness and would prefer to have a go at Senior Championship

I agree with you in terms of championship (motion 7), i was more thinking of motion 6. but i do agree with you in terms of Galls. I would say keep championships the same as last year with the exception of champ winners going up. with also no one allowed to drop below their league. what would be wrong with that. you can act up if you win the right but cannot choose to drop below that of your league standing.

Glensman

+1 - this should not apply to St Endas and to Cloughmills (if it goes through). Both entered (as did all teams in junior and intermediate) on the basis that winning the championship allowed them to enter the championship above. This historic right and privilege can't just be changed to suit a new plan. Tinkering with leagues is all well and good but the carrot of stepping up a grade is what teams at this level yearn for. If proposals go through then these two should be excluded...everyone enters leagues next year knowing the story for the following year's championship.

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on December 04, 2012, 09:13:28 PM
Quote from: Last Man on December 04, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
Re. Motion 7
so having won junior last year we play intermediate next season.....2 grades above our division.. Magic!!! :o

You read it that way Last Man?

The way I read that is that you fellas play in the new Junior B championship and Cloughmills play in either the Intermediate or Junior Championship (depending on whether they are in division 2 or 3).

If I am right, it seems incredibly unfair that, having won their respective championships on the basis that winning entitled them to go up a grade, this is taken away from them "after the event."

CentreHalfBack

League and championships should remain as they are.
New season - new reason

btdtgtt

I agree completely Glensman - CHB I dont even think the status quo is an option!
Too many problems in both leagues and championship.

CitySlicker11

I believe that we should run with the league changes that are suggested and hold off on the championship proposals until the year after. That would be the most realistic situation to follow, therefore here in Antrim, that will not happen.

DearyMe

I would hazard a guess that an amendment to the motion will be made! So that a team can opt to play in the championship above their respective league (teams such as galls/lamhs/rossa) - however they cannot opt to play the championship below!

If this doesnt happen, i would imagine most  teams would be wasting their time playing intermediate with st.galls in it - equally Ulster would be a farce!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

btdtgtt

Quote from: DearyMe on December 05, 2012, 02:36:23 PM
I would hazard a guess that an amendment to the motion will be made! So that a team can opt to play in the championship above their respective league (teams such as galls/lamhs/rossa) - however they cannot opt to play the championship below!

If this doesnt happen, i would imagine most  teams would be wasting their time playing intermediate with st.galls in it - equally Ulster would be a farce!

Lamhs - are they not intermediate as per league standing and this is where they belong
Rossa - Div1 is senior championship and this is where they belong

Galls - Agreed major discrepency as stated. Belong in senior championship but div2

But yes a team should be able to opt to play above but not below.

Seamroga in exile

Pj O'Mullan snr definitely one of Ryan's selectors.Good man for the job, plenty of knowledge about the game and the players.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 05, 2012, 03:51:42 PM
Pj O'Mullan snr definitely one of Ryan's selectors.Good man for the job, plenty of knowledge about the game and the players.

Good for radical new thinking too, finger on the pulse of new coaching and team development techniques  >:(

Is this just a sop to keep the LG boys on board?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on December 05, 2012, 04:05:54 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on December 05, 2012, 03:51:42 PM

Good for radical new thinking too, finger on the pulse of new coaching and team development techniques  >:(

Is this just a sop to keep the LG boys on board?
he's a selector nag, not a coach.

btdtgtt

You got to laugh the commotion over selectors starting here already - never mind within he squad!

Any more selectors SiE? Anyone from city?

Last Man

Quote from: Glensman on December 04, 2012, 11:23:41 PM
+1 - this should not apply to St Endas and to Cloughmills (if it goes through). Both entered (as did all teams in junior and intermediate) on the basis that winning the championship allowed them to enter the championship above. This historic right and privilege can't just be changed to suit a new plan. Tinkering with leagues is all well and good but the carrot of stepping up a grade is what teams at this level yearn for. If proposals go through then these two should be excluded...everyone enters leagues next year knowing the story for the following year's championship.

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on December 04, 2012, 09:13:28 PM
Quote from: Last Man on December 04, 2012, 06:11:51 PM
Re. Motion 7
so having won junior last year we play intermediate next season.....2 grades above our division.. Magic!!! :o

You read it that way Last Man?

The way I read that is that you fellas play in the new Junior B championship and Cloughmills play in either the Intermediate or Junior Championship (depending on whether they are in division 2 or 3).

If I am right, it seems incredibly unfair that, having won their respective championships on the basis that winning entitled them to go up a grade, this is taken away from them "after the event."
We would have no issue if playing in Div.3

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 05, 2012, 05:38:03 PM
You got to laugh the commotion over selectors starting here already - never mind within he squad!

Any more selectors SiE? Anyone from city?
haven't heard anyone else being mentioned yet.

Shea Casey, Eddie and Tony McCloskey are joining the Antrim panel after the all Ireland. Maybe more joining them.