Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegladiator

its not, but as this has stemmed from the debate around re-structuring of the leagues, kevo would like the team to play at the higher level, where as i disagree. previous experience tell me that we should build towards it by winning d2. in 2006 we won d2; we werent good enough for d1 but went up and took some terrible beatings. the team we have now will develop into a better team than 06; but at the minute  most of them arent ready, physically or mentally. just my honest opinion. promotion by natural process will dictate when we are ready, not another comitte room manouvre

No Soloing

My kids played in the SW P3/P4 hurling championship last weekend in Rasharkin. The team got their photo taken for the paper. I thought somebody there said at the time it was for the County Antrim Post. It isnt a paper I am familiar with and couldn't get much info about it when I googled it. I did find the Antrim Post on Twitter. Would that be it or would anyone have an idea what the paper may be? If so can you tell me what day it comes out and if there is anywhere around south or west Belfast you can get a copy?

imtommygunn

It's a paper published. In portglenone i think?

It does a massive amount of antrim gaa coverage.

I thought someone on here said they found it available somewhere in belfast??

CitySlicker11

Loughgiel v Portaferry at the weekend, hoping for a good tight game of hurling. Few positive stories from Down hurling this year with their minors winning ulster and An Dun in the schools final tomorrow night against St Mary's. Despite this still fancy Loughgiel to win by 5+ and make it to an All Ireland final.

On another note, lets leave the league restructuring debate until the actual proposals are out in the open.

Gizzy15

Quote from: No Soloing on October 24, 2012, 06:55:11 PM
My kids played in the SW P3/P4 hurling championship last weekend in Rasharkin. The team got their photo taken for the paper. I thought somebody there said at the time it was for the County Antrim Post. It isnt a paper I am familiar with and couldn't get much info about it when I googled it. I did find the Antrim Post on Twitter. Would that be it or would anyone have an idea what the paper may be? If so can you tell me what day it comes out and if there is anywhere around south or west Belfast you can get a copy?

you can get that paper in many shops in belfast, (great paper for the promotion of gaa at all levels) even non traditional areas i may add. most villages in NA and NWA ive seen it in so shouldnt be hard to find. it has a green heading and usually resides beside the weekly edition section of a newspaper stand, even beside the auto trader. must say again a great paper. btw think it comes out on a tuesday.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 24, 2012, 11:06:57 PM
It's a paper published. In portglenone i think?

It does a massive amount of antrim gaa coverage.

I thought someone on here said they found it available somewhere in belfast??
Minder might know. I get my ma to post me a copy  8).

oisinog

From the County Guestbook

Name : Gael25 October 2012
How can the county administration justify £4250 in fines for this year's county finalists? Is it really in the best interests of our county to punish hard pressed clubs for offences such as water carriers coming on to the pitch? If so, surely there must be an alternative to financial penalties in the current climate

Which of the 2 clubs was this if it is water carriers then it is a bit harsh

btdtgtt

I THINK it may have been St. John & st galls in the football final.

Have to agree fines are counter productive just move money around robbing clubs of resources.
Find another sanction.

the colonel

Quote from: btdtgtt on October 26, 2012, 12:24:13 PM

Have to agree fines are counter productive just move money around robbing clubs of resources.
Find another sanction.

I would imagine that was the total for the hurling and football finals. And I think they were dropped on appeal
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Quote from: the colonel on October 26, 2012, 12:54:53 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on October 26, 2012, 12:24:13 PM

Find another sanction.

I would imagine that was the total for the hurling and football finals. And I think they were dropped on appeal

Correct

Na Glinntí Glasa

the fines were dropped as they only implemented it for the final when they should of done it the whole way through.

we got £950 fine for the final alone, lgiel £750. silly things for having one too many water boys on one side of the pitch, £50 for that. total and utter nonsene as usual form the clowns that run things in our county.
hurl like f**k boi!

Minder

I heard the St Johns fine for the football was because they didn't wear a change strip so as not to clash with St Galls.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 26, 2012, 01:19:22 PM
the fines were dropped as they only implemented it for the final when they should of done it the whole way through.

we got £950 fine for the final alone, lgiel £750. silly things for having one too many water boys on one side of the pitch, £50 for that. total and utter nonsene as usual form the clowns that run things in our county.
Just a money making exercise to put funds towards Dunsilly.

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on October 26, 2012, 01:28:00 PM
I heard the St Johns fine for the football was because they didn't wear a change strip so as not to clash with St Galls.

If they'd worn a changed strip who'd have picked up the tab?

I remember when we'd to play Newtownshandrum in the AI semi-fina,l Croke park decreed there'd be a clash of strips so both would have to wear an alternative strip based on provincial colours.

We'd agreed with Newtownshandrum that we'd wear our away strip, mostly white in colour and they were happy to wear their away strip, yellow IIFC, Seany O'Leary in Croke Park dismissed the proposal meaning both teams had to stump up for whole new kits, "£1K+ out of pocket before you start.....

btdtgtt

Yes all great points lads.

Not only are these fines a nonsense as they move money about Within the one association - but they take the money from the core unit at grassroots where it is needed most - the club.

I can imagine the meeting;
"You had an extra water carrier who nobody other than a guy in a suit in the stand noticed - he did nothing wrong - but we fine you that £100 which you were going to spend on your under12 team"

Sure if a team/club is guilty of a significant infringement then there should be a sanction - but clearly not fines.