Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Personally it would not affect my opinion of any of the other lgiel players whom are all decent as hell. I have a respect for lgiel as a hurling club for what they do, I don't like them or ever want them to win tho!! Lol it's my right as your rival!!! ;)
That said I still think they do so much hurling work in Antrim in producing players and I have always respected that.
I will never respect any man for what he did on sat night. Hard hitting tackles, no bother, part of tr game but that was awful at the end.
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Nothing like a sweeping generalisation to put your point across, eh nag1?

if the incident did happen then it's a disgrace. No matter what has went down previously, there's no excuse for spitting in someone's face, disgusting. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 02, 2012, 11:49:47 AM
Nothing like a sweeping generalisation to put your point across, eh nag1?

if the incident did happen then it's a disgrace. No matter what has went down previously, there's no excuse for spitting in someone's face, disgusting.

Having read it back I was going to change that tbh SIE as I know that was a bit sweeping and does not apply to all. But the general point stands.

theskull1

A disgusting act that was totally in character of the individual who carried it out. These type of individuals when held up as heros and role models is not good for the communities they exist in regardless of where they are from. The lowest common denominator love them though
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Ok it's fair to say that if it happened then the person who carried it out is not dealing with a full deck. We can't be generalising all the time, it's bad enough us McCooeys are known as chip eaters FFS :o

Portaferry won't be putting up much of a fight I'd imagine, wouldn't mind, for a change to see the game played in McKenna Park or even Newry but I doubt that the powers in Casement will let this happen. Loughgiel should hurl a lot more freely now with the worry of losing to Dunloy is gone. Lets see what a good hard winters training will deliver in Feb.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: theskull1 on October 02, 2012, 07:46:45 AM
Posting about filthy Dunloy 2 days after your centre half forward spat in the face of his opponent when offered the hand at the end of the game. 

Par for the course from the likes of you I suppose.
[/color]What's this mean??   I did say there was no way of standing up for it and if it happened it's a joke!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

Well lads, just heard that the whole spitting scenario might not be all it seems.

north aontroim gael

If the spitting incident did happen then its a disgrace and no reflection on the other members of the team who have a lot of respect for Dunloy club and players.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 02, 2012, 12:19:31 PM
Well lads, just heard that the whole spitting scenario might not be all it seems.

Suppose the wind caught it SIE? Justification and excuses being found it seems

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on October 02, 2012, 12:30:10 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 02, 2012, 12:19:31 PM

Suppose the wind caught it SIE? Justification and excuses being found it seems
the wind didn't catch it as it didn't happen. There was a phone call yesterday from an individual in Dunloy to an individual in Loughgiel to say he made it up. perhaps you should do some more phoning about to find out.

theskull1

The person it happened to has an impecible character. Could you help me understand what would make such a person make something like that up?

I'm not buying that.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: hardstation on October 02, 2012, 01:03:25 PM
The other bit I don't get is why was there not a killing session after this? You wouldn't just walk on after some hoor spat in yer face.

I had thought the same myself.  I would of thought it would of started a fair old row but I didn't see any trouble on the field after the game.

NAG1

Quote from: north aontroim gael on October 02, 2012, 01:06:12 PM
The other bit I don't get is why was there not a killing session after this? You wouldn't just walk on after some hoor spat in yer face.

I had thought the same myself.  I would of thought it would of started a fair old row but I didn't see any trouble on the field after the game.

There is a reason that it didnt as well.

Seems to be a lot of phone calls floating about that neck of the woods over the past while.

manballandall

Quote from: NAG1 on October 02, 2012, 01:08:13 PM

And that reason is ?

Seems to be a lot of phone calls floating about that neck of the woods over the past while.

NAG1

Quote from: manballandall on October 02, 2012, 01:25:35 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on October 02, 2012, 01:08:13 PM

And that reason is ?

Well the lads are disputing that it happened now and I am sure they are a lot closer to it than me, so among them be it.