Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremiah

I doubt Glenariff will be in a compromising mood considering we wouldn't change for their stag. Surely all fixtures should just be brought forward an hour or two (or day) by the organising committee. There should never be games played simultaneous to an All Ireland final.

Na Glinntí Glasa

NAG he's Nigel Elliot seniors son, your correct. First full season for the team and at 19 has a great future ahead of him
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 17, 2012, 03:25:28 PM
NAG he's Nigel Elliot seniors son, your correct. First full season for the team and at 19 has a great future ahead of him

He's a quick lad, played aginst us in the reserve cup last year I think, scored a right few that night. Glad I wasn't chasing him around. Though I noticed when the under 21's played Clare he was getting caught by the Clare backs in the speed stakes. Just shows you how fit/fast those players were in that game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 17, 2012, 03:43:25 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 17, 2012, 03:25:28 PM

He's a quick lad, played aginst us in the reserve cup last year I think, scored a right few that night. Glad I wasn't chasing him around. Though I noticed when the under 21's played Clare he was getting caught by the Clare backs in the speed stakes. Just shows you how fit/fast those players were in that game

I was watching the u 21 all ireland final on tg4 on Saturday night. them Clare players where even to quick for kilkenny, a serious outfit. the quality from both teams was unreal with Clare running out convincing winners. deffo an all ireland in that Clare team. they have raised the bar fitness ways to
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Onthehill

Quote from: Glensman on September 17, 2012, 12:42:16 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 17, 2012, 08:58:14 AM
Is there a match on before the county final? If not why in gods name play it in the dark?
Why not play it at half 3 on sat instead.
I see no sense in having to take small kids to Belfast at night for a game. Only one side of the grounds allowed to be open anyway is it not?

Assuming Casement could handle it and reckon it could I would have suggested the Junior, Intermediate and Senior be played that Saturday 29th (or Sunday if it hadn't been for All Ireland). 4pm, 6pm, 8pm. An Antrim festival of hurling. People would not gripe for £10 in.
Ps congrats to Endas Last Man. Fair play to Dunloy as well - fully deserved.
If there only there for the last game I'm sure they might! Dont think this is an option as the weather isn't going to improve much to allow the ground to take three games.

Saffrongael

What do the Cushendall posters think about their demise yesterday? Is it a transitional time for them, probably Karl McKeegans last year, hard to replace experience like that if it is.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Saffrongael on September 17, 2012, 06:55:30 PM
What do the Cushendall posters think about their demise yesterday? Is it a transitional time for them, probably Karl McKeegans last year, hard to replace experience like that if it is.
Internet access gets intermittent around the same time the Dall get beat. Coincidence?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 17, 2012, 08:14:40 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on September 17, 2012, 06:55:30 PM
Internet access gets intermittent around the same time the Dall get beat. Coincidence?
funnily enough I'd noticed that myself.  :P
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

think the dall still a little shell shocked

the ballycastle camog talking about beating the dall, was that not when they were missing alot of hurlers in american ( a trip that helped them on) though couldn't argue lads goin like that

do loughgiel still do alot of video analysis

Milltown Row2

We could say that about all posters when their team gets knocked out. They'll be back, posting that is :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Just can't for the life of me see dunloy beating the shamrocks but I respect them massively - written off every year but remain a force.

Hardstation you missing both Glenarrife games? Some clubman I jest!
From what I hear u will need a big improvement to best a full strength Glenarrife team but home advantage will hopefully do that. The oisins will be ready after last weeks events no doubt about that.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on September 17, 2012, 08:55:23 PM
think the dall still a little shell shocked

the ballycastle camog talking about beating the dall, was that not when they were missing alot of hurlers in american ( a trip that helped them on) though couldn't argue lads goin like that

do loughgiel still do alot of video analysis
to be honest I haven't noticed it saffron.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CastleCamog

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 17, 2012, 11:32:28 AM
Castlecamog league form don't count for shit as Dunloy showed all year.   Dall would have beat use by 10 points.  Looking forward to a tasty game under floodlight.  I'd take same outcome as last time we played under it,   A Wed night in casement if memory serves correct.  Best I've seen us play up until last feb and march.   As someone said. Form goes out the window when we meet, who ever wants it most,   Dunloy mad to "put us back in our place" as was quoted yesterday and the shamrocks mad for 3 in a row and to finally get one over are neighbours.  Canny wait!!

Sleeping Giant u clearly think your opinion counts for shit lol 10pts.....aye right

imtommygunn

The game was being videoed yesterday right enough...

Cushendall were dire. Hard to know where you would start analysing that game.  I'm not sure you could say one of their players played well. Mcnaughton when he got ball was good but it was limited. Even McManus off colour.

Sleeping giant

To say use would of done to the Dall what dunloy did is a small bit funny.   No harm intended.  Town has a few very good hurlers.  But aren't at that level yet.   Only my opinion.  Everyones intitled to one.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.