Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glensman

Quote from: Sleeping giant on September 16, 2012, 05:15:09 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 01:40:36 AM
Jesus christ lads, I never said he didn't do it deliberately, nor did I say that people hit other players around the head in every game either. I said he got away with it, other players get away with things too, that's what I'm saying. FFS, Yous are all saints of course.  ::)
Sure SIE can you not remember the dalls last game there golden child should of got line for the  same act!!  and we were all on here giving out!!!!!!   NOT!!!!   f**k me. Witch hunt out against Liam.      Everyone does wrong.  Think our dall posters should look apon there own club as past while before they start yapping !!

I'm not a Dall poster and I'm not yapping. If anyone should stop anything it should be you boys with the persecution complex/paranoia about people commenting on someone driving someone else in the head with the hurl.

It is indefensible. The "aucchh but sure he said this to him/sure people get away with it in every game/look what your boy did last year" etc doesn't wash and no one is being overly dramatic.

What it is also was, was a complete slap in the face of his teammates. As Hardstation says...in a match they were always going to beat the other team out the gate he chose to do that. Don't care who he is - on any team, in any sport in the world it was choosing himself over the team, showing disregard for those around him and potentially seriously injuring another player.

If my son did that I would walk on the field, take the hurl off him and him off the pitch.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Glensman on September 16, 2012, 08:52:59 AM
Jesus christ lads, I never said he didn't do it deliberately, nor did I say that people hit other players around the head in every game either. I said he got away with it, other players get away with things too, that's what I'm saying. FFS, Yous are all saints of course.  ::)
Sure SIE can you not remember the dalls last game there golden child should of got line for the  same act!!  and we were all on here giving out!!!!!!   NOT!!!!   f**k me. Witch hunt out against Liam.      Everyone does wrong.  Think our dall posters should look apon there own club as past while before they start yapping !!

I'm not a Dall poster and I'm not yapping. If anyone should stop anything it should be you boys with the persecution complex/paranoia about people commenting on someone driving someone else in the head with the hurl.

It is indefensible. The "aucchh but sure he said this to him/sure people get away with it in every game/look what your boy did last year" etc doesn't wash and no one is being overly dramatic.

What it is also was, was a complete slap in the face of his teammates. As Hardstation says...in a match they were always going to beat the other team out the gate he chose to do that. Don't care who he is - on any team, in any sport in the world it was choosing himself over the team, showing disregard for those around him and potentially seriously injuring another player.

If my son did that I would walk on the field, take the hurl off him and him off the pitch.
Excuse me glensman, please don't throw all  "us boys" into the same group. Where did I defend his actions in this instance? I haven't, but you, the same as every other "expert" on here, have chosen to totally ignore that. The fact is, whether you like it or not, players get away with things on the field in almost every game. Again, this is not an attempt to defend him or his actions in what should have been a red card incident.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

My gripe here is actually with the referee. Elliott was told by both umpire and linesman what happened and chose not to send him off. He is supposed to be one of the top refs in Ulster and he actually trains new referees, what sort of message does this send out to them? Top referee bottles a decision when a player strikes another player in the face with a hurl off the ball? Actually I'm not surprised by Watson's actions and yes others have done it as well but when our hurler of the century did it he got a years suspension. Watson got a yellow card. Remeber DD hitting an umpire at the start of the year and didn't even get booked? Double standards? I think so.

As far as us and Dunloy goes, too tight to call. I know we've trained well and put huge effort in but a bit like Dunloy we are a team in transition. We have very few players in the 26-29 bracket where players usually are at peak performance. We have a few 30+ men and the rest are young. We certainly wouldn't have the strength in depth from previous years. We'd have 11 or 12 regulars who would be every bit as good as anyone else it depends how the 3 newer lads perform. 

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Jesusjones on September 16, 2012, 09:50:02 AM
My gripe here is actually with the referee. Elliott was told by both umpire and linesman what happened and chose not to send him off. He is supposed to be one of the top refs in Ulster and he actually trains new referees, what sort of message does this send out to them? Top referee bottles a decision when a player strikes another player in the face with a hurl off the ball? Actually I'm not surprised by Watson's actions and yes others have done it as well but when our hurler of the century did it he got a years suspension. Watson got a yellow card. Remeber DD hitting an umpire at the start of the year and didn't even get booked? Double standards? I think so.

As far as us and Dunloy goes, too tight to call. I know we've trained well and put huge effort in but a bit like Dunloy we are a team in transition. We have very few players in the 26-29 bracket where players usually are at peak performance. We have a few 30+ men and the rest are young. We certainly wouldn't have the strength in depth from previous years. We'd have 11 or 12 regulars who would be every bit as good as anyone else it depends how the 3 newer lads perform.
It should be a good, tight game alright. I think it will go down to the wire, could end up a draw, but I'm going with a 1 or 2 point win for Dunloy.

auld stock

on yesterdays "incident" i wont comment. every dog in the street knows how it went. in SIE defence he wasnt there & has in no way defended the actions. the whole thing is done & dusted. personally if we manage to get past dunloy today i would prefer to challenge loughguile with their full outfit regardless of the outcome & i would presume any dunloy supporters would be of a similar opinion. i really hope that todays game is a cracker cause god knows antrim hurling needs it. i can only speak for myself but the only 2 games even remotely worth watching this year were our minor c'ship loss to the Johnnies & last weeks league loss to the shammrocks. hopefully our fortunes will change today!!!!   good luck to both teams & lets hope that whoever wins can progress with a full squad to pick from in the final. as a footnote i would like to congatulate the county executive for completely ignoring the hollow yelpings of that eejit johnston in relation the county managers job. if nothing else yesterday has shown what a spoilt brat that man is. to let your club take the field for a c'ship semi final with players who had both retired & werent getting a game for the reserves is at best disgraceful. the johnnies have a proud tradition & im sure it was hard to watch knowing that they were peeing up the proverbial post before they even started. the result would never have been in doubt no matter who had played but everyone was robbed of at least a gutsy challenge because one man threw the toys outta the pram. it would defo be hard to do but in my opinion the johnnies should call his bluff & cut him & his ilk loose. would it be a goer if we started an online collection here to maybe replace the dummy he has thrown out?? if so send all donations to www.imaspoiltbratandif idontgetmywaythennobodycanplayforanybodyinthewholeworlduntiligetmyway.com. ps up the'Dall!!!!

Glensman

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 09:27:03 AM

Excuse me glensman, please don't throw all  "us boys" into the same group. Where did I defend his actions in this instance? I haven't, but you, the same as every other "expert" on here, have chosen to totally ignore that. The fact is, whether you like it or not, players get away with things on the field in almost every game. Again, this is not an attempt to defend him or his actions in what should have been a red card incident.

I'm not an expert...from from it. In my book (a non expert book) "it happens" and "people get away with it" is as good as defending it.That might be a jump but there you have it!

Hopefully a good, tight, hard game of hurling today.

Minder

I think Cushendall will win this by at least 4, Dunloy just don't have the players anymore.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Glensman on September 16, 2012, 10:38:57 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 16, 2012, 09:27:03 AM

I'm not an expert...from from it. In my book (a non expert book) "it happens" and "people get away with it" is as good as defending it.That might be a jump but there you have it!

Hopefully a good, tight, hard game of hurling today.
No, you're wrong on this. I qualified those particular comments by stating that I wan't referring to the particular incident in this case but to some incidents in general. Things do go on behind referee's backs. Fact. That was my point. And, as I have also previously stated, perhaps I didn't make that clear in my original post.

I'd have thought I would have only have had to explain that once, obviously not.

btdtgtt

Plenty of opinions as usual lads!
I hoped to get to glenarife and ballycastle yesterday but as it turned out got nowhere!
Seems from Talkin to johnnies men winker should have seen red and in fairness the shamrocks are not disputing that. Altho if a young lad wants to stand in senior hurling championship and put a hurl into a lads ribs he shouldn't expect to get away with it - and I'm not excusing winker at all before anyone starts! I think temperament is obviously Watsons problem and equally he shouldn't be surprised if other teams exploit that. He won't get away with that stroke in the final.

How did the division 2 game go hardstation / minder?
Who played & who didn't? Was it a procession or does it tell us anything before next week?
I won't miss that fixture for sure!

Seamroga in exile

Dunloy 1-4 Dall 1-3. 20 mins gone.

culchie11

I see one of the posters on here has got himself a job today at croker  ;)

Seamroga in exile

1-8 to 1-4 to dunloy half time

Na Glinntí Glasa

3-08 to 1-04 to dunloy now. Goal from Kevin mc Quillan and a Paul shields pen to dunloy
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

btdtgtt

For the players they have cushendall have been pathetic in recent years. Is something wrong up there lads it's just not getting produced on the pitch?