Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Saffrongael on July 29, 2012, 09:08:09 PM
Quote from: Buswhacker on July 29, 2012, 09:05:55 PM
Thanks Optimus cheese,you're sarcasm is noted but at least it's not the usual doom and gloom about Antrim hurling.We're doing our best to do something positive unlike some.

What play in friendly tournaments ?
playing and winning friendly tournaments.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

pdiddy

So anything other than our own league and championship is a friendly game and not worth talking about? maybe thats where we're going wrong in this county! Nothing too friendly about the final against Coolderry by the way.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pdiddy on July 29, 2012, 10:12:16 PM
So anything other than our own league and championship is a friendly game and not worth talking about? maybe thats where we're going wrong in this county! Nothing too friendly about the final against Coolderry by the way.

Rossa will be blown away by the Shams.

We played their seconds tonight at Casement they won handy, though in fairness we had a man sent off after 13 minutes, level halftime but wiped out in second half. Managed a few points myself in game but disappointed that "maybe" my last final ended in defeat :-\
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clootfromthe21

Game cut up rough?

Fairhead

No.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 29, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Game cut up rough?

Just in home, great weekend. Liam Watson got a fair bit of treatment from all three teams Loughgiel faced.  He was struck in the face after the ball went out of play after 4-5 minutes against Coolderry (dirty stroke).  Had to go off, not sure how badly he was hurt. Potential broken nose.

btdtgtt

Ok then here goes - I am biases towards Belfast but I am also realistic.

HS - you need to get over yourself. Your antipathy towards reports from loughiel in birr betrays the fact that Rossa will be on the receiving end of a massive beating this weekend. As for your sarcasm I met Hamill personally on Friday he was in no state to play hurling again let alone hit that under16 penalty. (another one who won't be in casement next week)

SIE thanks for the updates - I think the dall are building up for an assault on the Shams but loughiel have moved a step ahead of that. Guys loughiel are the team. Get over it. 

Now at the risk of deflecting from silver wear - my personal interest has switched to st johns. Not my favourite people but flying the flag for Belfast. Let's hope the johnnies stay up. It looks good but Galget a big game   

Mr2 has not the curse of the big ball hit st galls again. Still the team for me but who can argue with success? I just wish it was with the caman as well as the big ball.

Jesusjones

Poor wee Liam and sure he never pulls a dirty stroke himself.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 30, 2012, 02:33:58 AM
Ok then here goes - I am biases towards Belfast but I am also realistic.

HS - you need to get over yourself. Your antipathy towards reports from loughiel in birr betrays the fact that Rossa will be on the receiving end of a massive beating this weekend. As for your sarcasm I met Hamill personally on Friday he was in no state to play hurling again let alone hit that under16 penalty. (another one who won't be in casement next week)

SIE thanks for the updates - I think the dall are building up for an assault on the Shams but loughiel have moved a step ahead of that. Guys loughiel are the team. Get over it. 

Now at the risk of deflecting from silver wear - my personal interest has switched to st johns. Not my favourite people but flying the flag for Belfast. Let's hope the johnnies stay up. It looks good but Galget a big game   

Mr2 has not the curse of the big ball hit st galls again. Still the team for me but who can argue with success? I just wish it was with the caman as well as the big ball.

It was a friendly tournament who gives a damn other than the LG posters about it? Good preparation for them for the championship but outside of the what odds.

Glensman

http://www.antrimgaa.net/uploads/newsimages/Antrim%20Championship%20Dates.pdf

Anyone with the inside track as to when the rest of the days/venues/times will be out for the Junior/Intermediate championships? I appreciate there is not normally alot of notice in these things but was just checking in anyone knew?
Will try the county website but will be told to hit the CCC - is there an email for the CCC?

Seem strange that some hurling preliminaries are this coming weekend...with the next round a month away? Tough being a dual county and fitting it all in but one league game scheduled in August is a bit of a joke??

Buswhacker

NAG 1....any victory in hurling achieved in the South matters,God knows we get plenty of hammerings.Look at Down minors yesterday.
By the way,why do you not include your team in your summary. Ashamed ???

btdtgtt

I was wrong 1st time hardstation but you did post a sarcastic comment in the loughiel posts.

Nag I don't see issue here - if shamrocks want to post about their tournament so be it. Well ignore posts we don't have a focus on - the posts are what they are. Information that's all you can choose to ignore it.

On more relevant note I will head up to corrigan later think johnnies will win.
What about you johnneycool?

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 30, 2012, 11:43:36 AM
I was wrong 1st time hardstation but you did post a sarcastic comment in the loughiel posts.

Nag I don't see issue here - if shamrocks want to post about their tournament so be it. Well ignore posts we don't have a focus on - the posts are what they are. Information that's all you can choose to ignore it.

Nah, won't make it up, but I'd agree with your summation. The johnnies played the better hurling down at our place but hid bad wides. Johnnies are a point up on us at the moment and a win for them would take them 3 clear. It's hard to see where we'd get two wins from to overtake them, but we've the Ports, a possibility, Dunloy, not very likely and allegedly Ballycastle have to come back down to us after losing all their home fixtures because of the Portaferry walk off, anyone else heard that

We've a few injuries in the camp which we can ill afford, plus we've we've been hanging on for a few years now and we need to blood some youngsters to rebuild and Div2 is probably a better place to do that in all fairness.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on July 30, 2012, 11:43:36 AM

I wasnt taking any issue with LG's road trip was more your accusation of antipathy of other posters towards it.

btdtgtt

Fair enough NAG & HS but that's what it sounds like.