Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Move er on

Tbh wasn't impressed with jk hs

johnneycool

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 17, 2012, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: gelvis on June 17, 2012, 08:08:11 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 17, 2012, 07:09:05 PM
What happened between the town and portaferry?

Hearing 2 Dallat twins sent off along with most of Bcastles management team before someone attacked ref (O'Reilly) and game abandoned?
Cormac Donnelly not impressed, according to his tweets.

Ports were adamant they've the points in the bag after a Ballycastle player refused to leave the field when shown a straight red. Ref abandoned game, but the lad I was talking to never mentioned anyone attacking him.

We were lucky vrs the Johnnies and won by 2 points in the end, only had a good spell 10 minutes before half time where we got a goal and a few points to take a three point lead. The johnnies had played all the hurling up until that point. Second half was pretty much point for point, and even a bit of dodgy umpiring from Mr Heenan couldn't convince the referee otherwise.

Still think we're in the mire and will need points in Corrigan to stay up and that will need a vastly improved performance to happen.

Seamroga in exile

Apparently 5 more loughgiel players are being called up to the Antrim panel. Scully, Joey, Neilly, Johnny and James Campbell.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Saffrongael

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 18, 2012, 08:42:52 AM
Apparently 5 more loughgiel players are being called up to the Antrim panel. Scully, Joey, Neilly, Johnny and James Campbell.

In that case I fully expect Antrim to be in the All Ireland final in September.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Move er on

Maybe I'm being overly critical. I was paying particular attention to him seeing he started recently for the county and I hadn't heard much about him before then. Glenarriffe up, Johnnies down then? I have a feeling that could be a regular occurrence.

SiE I think MS and JC would be a good call for the current county panel. Not too sure about the rest though.

optimus cheese

Thought Joey was unavailable because of work/college?

johnneycool

Quote from: Move er on on June 18, 2012, 09:14:33 AM

Maybe I'm being overly critical. I was paying particular attention to him seeing he started recently for the county and I hadn't heard much about him before then. Glenarriffe up, Johnnies down then? I have a feeling that could be a regular occurrence.

SiE I think MS and JC would be a good call for the current county panel. Not too sure about the rest though.

I haven't seen a better out and out fullback in Antrim than Neil McGarry, so I'd say he's well worth a shout.

btdtgtt

With St Johns only a point behing Ballygalget & Ballycran I dont see their relegation as definite at all.

oisinog

It will be intresting to see if there are any new additions to the squad.

Being Honest I cant see it as the next game is only a few weeks away would any new additions be up to speed.

NAG1

Quote from: oisinog on June 18, 2012, 09:38:18 AM

Being Honest I cant see it as the next game is only a few weeks away would any new additions be up to speed.

Seriously?
Read up! :o

oisinog

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2012, 09:58:28 AM
Quote from: oisinog on June 18, 2012, 09:38:18 AM

Seriously?
Read up! :o

Where can I read this up other than here. Any speculation here can be taken with a pinch of salt

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2012, 12:07:46 AM
No? One of a few players whose 1st touch didn't let him down and striking was solid.

Milltown row* is in a bit of a state too.

*Not the poster but that may be true as well.

Pitch is crap though considering the rain lately it wasn't too bad. My state is fine ;)

That's the league over for us. Poor enough game on reflection, not a lot of hurling and both defences were strong. No scoring forwards on either team yesterday.

With Burkey, Karl and Mackers not playing yesterday it really puts us up against it. Our subs are very young and not much first team experience but they are getting more games and improving. Hopefully our injuries clear up before Championship. I doubt Karl's will but sure.

We'd about 6/7 players that played really well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Buswhacker

Saffrongael.....you're sarcasm is noted,but they'll make no more of hash of it than the present lot.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2012, 10:28:09 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2012, 12:07:46 AM
No? One of a few players whose 1st touch didn't let him down and striking was solid.

Milltown row* is in a bit of a state too.

*Not the poster but that may be true as well.

Pitch is crap though considering the rain lately it wasn't too bad. My state is fine ;)

That's the league over for us. Poor enough game on reflection, not a lot of hurling and both defences were strong. No scoring forwards on either team yesterday.

With Burkey, Karl and Mackers not playing yesterday it really puts us up against it. Our subs are very young and not much first team experience but they are getting more games and improving. Hopefully our injuries clear up before Championship. I doubt Karl's will but sure.

We'd about 6/7 players that played really well

I really dont think so MR2!

Its easy to get down after a couple of losses but this league has so many banana skins - points will be dropped!
I checked the Antrim website there and Glenariffe have a run of fixtures against Rossa, and away to Sarsfields & Lamh Dearg so maybe the city boys can help each other out. If Galls win the rest of your games you will win the league so its still there.

Jesusjones

If these Loughgiel lads come on board now you'd have to ask why they didn't commit before now? If they are coming out of loyalty to Jim Nelson they might as well stay at home, you either want to hurl for the county or you don't.