Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 28, 2007, 03:27:43 PM
Big Bob what standard have you represented your club or county at then if you're the expert?

are folk only experts if they have done any of the mentioned above??

Big Bob

I have represented my club at every level and contiue to do so at senior level, winning several senior championships along the way. I have also represented my county at every level, winning championships at each of those levels................. Same question to you Tony Baloney

Tony Baloney

Quoteare folk only experts if they have done any of the mentioned above??

Nope. But if Balboa is who I think it is he has represented his club and county at All-Ireland level so I'd reckon the statement that he "knows nothing about hurling" is "something you'd expect a kid to say"!  ;)

QuoteI have represented my club at every level and contiue to do so at senior level, winning several senior championships along the way. I have also represented my county at every level, winning championships at each of those levels.................

On the PS2 doesn't count.

QuoteSame question to you Tony Baloney

See above - you don't need to have represented your county to have an opinion or know anything about hurling!

Big Bob

what hurling game do you have on the PS2 cause I'd like to get a copy of it...............................

Big Bob

See below:

Anyone heading up to Casement tonight? I think I may pop round with the kids. Good opportunity for them to meet some of the county lads.

An opportunity to meet with our SENIOR HURLERS

With the Senior Hurling panel winding down their preparation for the All-Ireland qualifying group game against Clare on Saturday 30th June @ 2.30pm, the management and players will have an open night to give their supporters an opportunity to meet with them.

This exercise is aimed at our young supporters and we would ask clubs to bring along their underage members to meet the players on Thursday 28th June @8.00pm in Casement Park.

Please avail of this opportunity to let our young people get to know the players and get them interested in coming to our games.

Casement Park Thursday 28th June @ 8pm is the place to be.

Ruairi Og exile

Not going to Casement tonight.I'm heading to An Caman on Saturday evening, the Boyd on Sunday afternoon & the Bot on Sunday evneing......should meet all the lads then ;)

Give-it-Timber

Quote from: Balboa on June 28, 2007, 01:26:22 PM
Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on June 28, 2007, 12:41:32 PM
Abit of passion is grand as long as it is channelled in the right direction ie Good, fast hard but fair hurling( not the hurling Glenariffe attempted against us)

Everyone beware, no rough stuff against Cushendall, it grossly offends them. I heard Donal Mc Naughton got the line against Glenariffe in a league match recently,must have been mistaken identity, maybe we could get all the games abandoned halfway through if you dont like the rhythm of them, if there are too many sticks getting broke or the physio has too administer too many bandages. A dirty hurling game? Surely thats a first.......

Have to agree with large bob, with this statement, in my opinion you havent a clue what you are talking about, any chance of you saying something constructive on this site, or are you one of those people who only joined here to stir up shit.

So can we get away from the large chip Balboa has on his shoulder and talk about Antrim Hurling

What about the match on Sunday, does anyboby think we have any chance.?

Big Bob

Hell yeah we have a chance - everything is setting itself up nicely, the guys need to produce on the day, which they are well capable of, its gonna be close, but I really really think we can do it................

Balboa

Antrim are 7/1 on Saturday, Clare 1/12.......

Tony Baloney

Antrim are worth a few spare quid at that price in a one-off match especially with Clare having a few men out.

Balboa

Better option is Antrim +7 pts at even money because i cant see them winning, they are 7/1 for a reason.....

Ruairi Og exile

QuoteEveryone beware, no rough stuff against Cushendall, it grossly offends them. I heard Donal Mc Naughton got the line against Glenariffe in a league match recently,must have been mistaken identity, maybe we could get all the games abandoned halfway through if you dont like the rhythm of them, if there are too many sticks getting broke or the physio has too administer too many bandages. A dirty hurling game? Surely thats a first.......

If you read what I said again..I have no problem with Cushendall getting a bit of stick & hit hard as long as it's done fairly(ie within the rules of the game) which I dont think Glenariffe did that day. Yes Donal was sent off...& rightly so, he deserved to go & no complaints from anyone in Cushendall.

girt_giggler

What about the match on Sunday, does anyboby think we have any chance.?
[/quote]

SATURDAY timber Saturday!!  obvioulsy a typing error, but just incase you travle up on sunday and theres no-body about!

Big Bob

Right, even after all our arguments, disagreements, discussions etc etc Will everyone be turning out tomorrow, rain or shine, to cheer on our county hurlers? to provide that 16th player to hopefully push the lads onto success?

milltown row

will all the all county league games go ahead this Sunday? we've portaferry at home, it's been a while since they have came to our pitch, stole it in injury time with last minute goal to win by a point when we played them at milltown.

dunloy play the johnnies at Corrigan will the county boys be playing straight away if they win?

any other big games this weekend, bar the Clare game