oisinog

Lets try and get back to the Hurling debate

Who should play full back in mullingar?

DearyMe

Full back?  Good question!

Would the regular county 6 be a shout?

Who is fit? McAULEY could play there!
Micko has played at 6 before!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

imtommygunn

I think Kieran McGourty would do a good job at full back.

Failing that Graffin i versatile enough to play anywhere in defense.

NAG1

Dont KMcG would be the best option, Graffin could be the answer quick, strong and good on the ball.

DearyMe

True Graffin is versitile - McGourty could do a great job if ball in low, but he wont be catching too many in there.
It will be a case of bat down, and clear!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Minder

Not spoiled for choice but I would play Neil McAuley at FB.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Watched Graffin on Sunday play FB against Ballycran, did a decent job and won plenty of ball. Keiran and Aaron are small enough for FB so I'd be worried if they (Westmeath) had a big versatile FF.

Herron could be an option in FB, it wouldn't upset the rest of the team too much, McAuley better staying in the HB line for me Minder
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

Graffin is a fantastic player but he may be a bit short for fullback if there were a few high balls dropped on him

Herron wouldnt be a bad call. Though I have never seen him play there

Move er on

Sean Burke from your own club would have been a good addition to cover full back Milltown.

Hindsight  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Move er on on May 02, 2012, 12:45:53 PM
Sean Burke from your own club would have been a good addition to cover full back Milltown.

Hindsight  ;D

Sean has played well there for the club lately and last year, but I'd be happy he concentrates on club first ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

Neil Mc Manus actually played full back right up until he came out of minor, certainly an option.

JamesH

Folks have any of lads stood beside Graffin recently? Let me tell you hes not small. As mr2 said he cleaned out the Ballycran fb on Saturday and set up a goal. After 10Min's he went onto Paddy Richmond against Dunloy, same result, yes Paddy's powers are waining, but he'd be my choice, hes a better fb than Hippy in my opinion. I did hear on the grapevine that they have been using Carson in training , now dint know how that would work out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 02, 2012, 12:57:58 PM
Neil Mc Manus actually played full back right up until he came out of minor, certainly an option.

But I'd rather not disrupt the team too much, Micko would be able to slot in there for one match and Hippy to return in the next game hopefully. Neil needed out the field more. Scored nearly every time he had the ball on Sunday, very worrying for us (Naomh Gall) come championship. >:(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JamesH on May 02, 2012, 01:05:58 PM
Folks have any of lads stood beside Graffin recently? Let me tell you hes not small. As mr2 said he cleaned out the Ballycran fb on Saturday and set up a goal. After 10Min's he went onto Paddy Richmond against Dunloy, same result, yes Paddy's powers are waining, but he'd be my choice, hes a better fb than Hippy in my opinion. I did hear on the grapevine that they have been using Carson in training , now dint know how that would work out.

He's not small James, but slightly built less than most FB's and I'm not sure who's playing FF for Westmeath. Upset the applecart and all that.....

Sleeping giant

IMO Arron is man for job,   Serious below a high ball. Great man marker also, so I think no matter what size of a full forward appears for Westmeath, graffin will do a job on him!!  I'd even go as far to say he should stay in there!!  Big hippy is good hurler. I'd try him in other square if we progress, has been there before and with Shane and maybe Watson along side,  gives different option with the high ball!!   Only a thought!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.