Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buswhacker

Jesusjones

The best thing to happen Antrim hurling recently??? Well I loved winning The Walsh Cup, beating Wexford in the league this year was great too. As Loughgiel's chosen one pointed out in both TV and paper interviews Loughgiel's success was about Loughgiel, not Antrim. Bushwacker it takes class??? Precious little class on show the other Sunday when Dunloy hurlers stood for the guard of honour. The bawling and bellowing you'd have though it was feeding time at the zoo, not a hurling match.

Buswhacker

JJ....were you there.I don't think so.I was there,there no shouting or bawling.You've been misinformed.Get over it.
Beating Wexford,sure we beat them every other year,I'm talking club level here.

NAG1

Bushwhacker et al

This is how I see it, you (well club mates did because you are not here that long) complained that no one liked you and every one was against you during your losing streak of finals. Chip on your collective shoulder about that. Which the team used well for motivation to finally break the duck.

Now that you have had your success, you are still complaining that everyone is against your club. Go ahead and enjoy your success be gracious winners and have a bit of class in your glory period. No one in LG should need reminding that success is hard earned and a baron spell is never that far away no matter how good you think your current team is. An old saying springs to mind;

"Be nice to everyone on your way to the top because you pass them all on the way down"

the colonel

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 16, 2012, 01:38:29 PM
JJ....were you there.I don't think so.I was there,there no shouting or bawling.You've been misinformed.Get over it.
Beating Wexford,sure we beat them every other year,I'm talking club level here.

I am 100% sure Jesus Jones was at the game
the difference between success and failure is energy

imtommygunn

Also the best thing to happen antrim in the last couple of years was beating dublin in croke park and getting to the quarter finals...

Buswhacker

NAG1.....We're no stranger to winning .First championship in 1920....60 years before the Dall and 70 years before Dunloy. What were they doing all that time ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 16, 2012, 04:27:56 PM
NAG1.....We're no stranger to winning .First championship in 1920....60 years before the Dall and 70 years before Dunloy. What were they doing all that time ?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

hard to beat a bit of immature slabbering.  a credit to all you mouths out there.  OisinOg surprised at your choices for best things to happen in antrim.  you had been champion other keepers.  Wonder if you are actually an oisin at all.  Stand out thing imo for saffrons

Securing a decent manager, we have had a few turkeys in the past. (due to their approach to leagues and u21 set ups)
decent set of leagues
relatively competitive in the B layer of hurling

By the way terrible result for the saffron hurlers minor level at weekend.  what happened there

Jesusjones

I WAS at the game, wouldn't have missed an opportunity to see the mighty all conquering fantastic lovely super duper turbo charged, greatest team since hurling began, All Ireland champions The Shamrock's. Anyway this All Ireland thing is getting old, its so last season, what about this season? Well were top of the table and were there to stay. By the way Bushwacker you shouldn't boast about winning your first championship in 1920 whatever, winning championships since then and you still haven't more than Ballycastle.  :P   

El Plato

Now children, lets all just settle down, gather all the toys and put them back in the pram for goodness sake! And you folk all think you are making a positive contribution to the betterment of Antrim Hurling, catch a grip! :o
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: saffron89 on April 16, 2012, 05:03:01 PM

By the way terrible result for the saffron hurlers minor level at weekend.  what happened there

I could be wrong but aren't they running an under 17 team in the Ulster league and an under 18 in the Leinster league, which might go some wat to explain it? Still a disappointment, though.

Buswhacker

You'll be glad hear that I'm resigning from this forum until after the 2012 championship final.

Interesting

Buswhacker, before you go. Can you answer the question I asked you on the thread you started about professionalism in the GAA. Just an estimate now.

Buswhacker