Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

As saffron said, winker was always going to go for goal. It's his thing that he does. He can strike a ball like I've never seen anyone else strike a ball.

I hope now, that all the boys on this site and elsewhere who have any doubt about winkers ability in the big games now understand just how good he his. Time to wind your neck in and appreciate him because no other club in Ireland has a player like him.

Plus he's mad to get playing for Antrim now. According to himself. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on March 17, 2012, 07:35:36 PM
Congrats to loughgiel. The best team won by a country mile. They look a serious outfit now after this campaign.

Some story after their years losing county finals. Those boys still involved must be proud men tonight
Skull , it was those defeats that kept us going. We have an inner belief and a respect for other that is unreal. We not only knew we'd win the Antrim championship again we knew we'd win the All Ireland again and we will win it again. It's in us.

BennyCake

Congratulations to Loughgiel. Fantastic performance, and a great boost for Antrim hurling.

bannside

Superb all round display. The tackling and defending off the ball was the most impressive feature for me. Sincere Congratulations to all the management and players from everyone in Portglenone. Unbelievable achievement.

ManInBlackandGreen

What a day, echo all the sentiments posted, just fantastic atmosphere and comradeship, spare a thought for Joe Brady(6) Coolderry thought he had a superb game, the guy was immense and only for him the game would have been a non contest in the 1st half! bdgtt thought the Ref was excellent and as predicted let the game go, so stick that in your pipe, for once people like you can leave the Ref's alone!

BlackandAmber

Some game!!! Some win !!! Coolderry was a really good side. Taking them 4 goals and comin out in the second half like they done showed that but Loughgeil took it and came back again. Played gr8 and deserved to win. They were the better team. Congratulations. Youse are ten time better tahn youse where in the Antrim championship. Well done.

Aerlik

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 17, 2012, 10:04:12 PM
PS - With a great  team like that, and throw in the best from dunloy, the dall and the best of the rest, should Antrim not be doing better ?

Therein lies the key to the downfall  :P
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Milltown Row2

Brilliant result, not only will this result put us (Antrim) back on the map it will improve the overall hurling within Antrim, Dunloy and Cushendall will be looking at the game yesterday thinking, if only. Loughgiel brought a different style to the normal hurling they are famed for. The hooking, hassling, blocking and sheer intensity in the tackling was never matched, for me this was the reason they were never going to be beat.

This part of hurling is not really liked in some parts, the fitness showed and fair fcuks to their physical trainer for getting them to that point, fair fucks to Jim also, for bringing a different view/voice/opinion and fair fcuks to PJ for bringing it all together. Be difficult having an outsider in your camp (we've had them ;)) but they usually don't have the hang ups with the politics of a club, so its the hurling they are focused on and not the shite that goes on within the club.

Sie, some lads were saying Watson was quiet, he scored 3-7 his 3rd goal was outstanding but I also thought he was quiet for parts, that sound silly I know but maybe it's because we expect him to be everywhere. I'd say in the semi final he was on the ball more than yesterday. I wish we had players that were quiet and scored 3-7!!

So that's that, Rossa up next to stop Loughgiel getting back to Croker. Cushendall will want to stop them also, and i hope for our sakes that they focus on them rather than us, eye off the ball and all that ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aerlik

Delighted for the Shams.  Just disappointed that it wasn't shown on Setanta Sports.  I stayed off the gas yesterday to enjoy the game only to find it wasn't on.  Feckit.  Ah well, no headache today. :)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

btdtgtt

Party still goin or stopped then started again sie?

Congrats all round again - think we should make a rule that winker is never again questioned on this board!

Mibag I thought the ref was terrible ruined the game! Joking!!!!

Shamrocks shamrocks shamrocks!

saffronog

congratulatinos to the shamrocks, absolutely superb.  they can walk even taller now and join elite clubs in ireland who have 2 all irelands.  as ulster and antrim hurling fan it means i have more pride going to games in the south now for the shamrocks played and won in some style.  Watson wasn't on the ball as much as semi Mr2 correct there.  However there was very few times when on it that it he didn't use it to the full potential.  as for striking a hurling ball there are few blessed with how sweet he can hit it.  that free he took was sensational.  thought the corner back R McCloskey exceptional display and shay casey ? corner forward and these fellows are not going to disappear anytime soon.  just hope the team can stay together and who knows how many trophies they could lift.  too many body blows for a good coolderry team to recover from in the first half.  my only wish is i could get translation of what donal o grady and fluery were saying.  6 pundits in southern press all tipped the southern team surprise surprise.  well done Shams.  come on Saffrons today a rising tide !!!!!  Does this mean PJ will be managing the All-Stars next year ????  God help us in the bookies in ballymena now, the big man can be tight enough to listen to at the best of times

Buswhacker

This victory will raise the standard of hurling in Antrim like it did in the 80's.Dunloy the Dall,Ballycastle and the Belfast teams will be chomping at the bit to get a go at the All- Ireland champions but they will have to raise their game to come close.But none of them are that far away,so we have interesting days ahead.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on March 18, 2012, 11:27:54 AM
This victory will raise the standard of hurling in Antrim like it did in the 80's.Dunloy the Dall,Ballycastle and the Belfast teams will be chomping at the bit to get a go at the All- Ireland champions but they will have to raise their game to come close.But none of them are that far away,so we have interesting days ahead.

+1 have posted that also. If I were manager the bigger teams I'd have taken them down to Croke yesterday.

Nothing like watching your neighbours winning an All Ireland club title to motivate a team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Magicsponge

Congratulations Loughgiel, fantastic performance and a fantastic achievement. Hopefully this can be a boost to the county and we can make a bigger impact on leinster and the All Ireland. Another thing I was thinking was that that's the All Ireland Club football and hurling championships have came to Antrim in the space of 2 years that, not many counties can say that. Again Congratulations to Loughgiel, I hope you enjoy you're win, you truly deserved it.

Seamroga in exile

Just had a wee drink out of the cup. Sweet boys, sweet!!! ;)