Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Good luck Loughgiel!

Does anybody know when the league fixtures will be issued?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Lecale2 on March 10, 2012, 07:39:12 AM
Good luck Loughgiel!

Does anybody know when the league fixtures will be issued?
I don't think anybody knows lecale, including the fixtures committee.    ???
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

wino

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2012, 11:56:13 PM
Quote from: ruairi on March 09, 2012, 11:40:07 PM
Sham man - if you are from Cushendall then you are an absolute dick. quit posting stuff you idiot
I doubt he's from the Dall either.

He's from st galls. And I wish he would just fcuk off.  I can't wait to see him face to face. Just to prove my point to him.

Enthusiast

I like a good debate so who do we think is the best hurler in ulster at the present time?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 08, 2012, 05:46:16 PM
Nuala vallely rest in peace.

Yes my condolences also. Very saddened by her death. Any of our posters who have been at Casement will have recognise Nuala as the only woman steward.

Rest in peace.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Enthusiast on March 10, 2012, 08:25:56 AM
I like a good debate so who do we think is the best hurler in ulster at the present time?

No offence to you Enthusiast, but it's a stupid debate that has no real answer to it, as certain posters will have their own choice and stick with it regardless.

KARL STEWART IS THE BEST IN ULSTER  ;D[/size]

Antrim are +9 (with the bookies) for the game away to Clare this Sunday. Is that a fair reflection of where Antrim currently sit?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Do any of you boyos know anything about Alan Kelly (Galway)? He's been given the refereeing job for the final next week according to the GAA.ie site.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 10, 2012, 12:53:45 PM
Do any of you boyos know anything about Alan Kelly (Galway)? He's been given the refereeing job for the final next week according to the GAA.ie site.

He reffed Antrim Laois in the first round last year. Thought he was pretty pernickety (certainly more so than Anthony Stapleton would be). Sent off Neal McAuley with a straight red for an off the ball incident that I didn't see and I dont think he saw (but relied on a linesman, I think) so not gun shy!

Think he sent off Matthew Donnelly when playing for Antrim minors against the Dubs in Crossmaglen - game was very even at the time and that effectively ended it. Was not at that game but heard from a couple of people at the Antrim Cork quarter final the next day who considered it very very harsh decision.

It would seem a man not afraid to give a red card!

btdtgtt

Oh SIE we are not focussing on the ref are we??

Let's hope he doesn't have a big part to play.

The debate (?) on best hurler is irrelevant - how to you compare a keeper to a full forward to a midfielder etc. Let's focus on real stuff.

MR2 u should do ur bets earlier in the week - the handicap was only 7points on Tuesday so I assume a few punters have driven in out to 9. Think home advantage is worth a few points here i think
Clare will win with a bit to spare - but I was wrong v wexford and hopefully again. 

Seamroga in exile

What's your problem? I was asking if anyone knew anything about him. As I hadn't heard of him. Wind your neck in.

Thanks cloot. Nothing wrong with showing the red if it's the correct decision. I thought Stapleton should've shown one for the neck tackle on skinner in the semi.

ManInBlackandGreen

He's a good lad and is a Garda during the 9-5, genuine to the last, can be a bit of a nervous lad though and this is his biggest stage yet on the national career front. Struggles with fitness and if the game is at a blistering pace I feel he may be found wanting in that dept, especially if some calls are made from distance which he has had a tendency to do in the past, croker is a big pitch! However he plays it from a straight bat, and I really do hope his nerves don't get the better of him as the only ones to suffer will be the two teams. He will however let it go, you can be sure of that!

samboswig

Nuala Vallely was a lovely woman RIP

maxpower

It is an unfortunate in playing in the All-Ireland series that ref will tend to have a slight preference for Southern teams, would Galway and Offaly not be extremely close, human nature if you're going to make a wrong decision do against that crowd from the north that you'll never have to see again.

I recall the ref in the Dunloy Mount Sion game got dogs abuse for giving a match winning decision to dunloy, little was made of the many 50/50 calls he had given the other way!

Did I hear Loughgiel went to Croker for a session but weren't allowed on
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

The rumours are fairly flying about now. They were down to play wexford U21s last week and had a pre-arranged tour and photo stop on the way up. No session was arranged or asked for.

maxpower

No big deal either way, hardly bothered me, just think Croke park can be extremely petty in their allocation of pitch time

As for the Antrim game I think plus 9 is a fair reflection of were we are at present and were Clare are, they were very impressive against Limerick and although a good win against Wexford it was at home against a fairly new team.

Anything inside the handicap will be a good result, the game v Limerick is potentially winnable and am sure Jerry will target this, Clare on the otherhand seem intent on Div1b next year
What happens next????