Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sham Man

Quote from: saffronog on February 26, 2012, 08:15:41 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 26, 2012, 07:55:04 PM
Sambo was quite prominent on the line.

yes well he is a selector, i noticed him irrate with the carey player quite a few times and goin to wallis for a sub, but i think  the manager is very much his own man
The fundamental difference between good managers/selectors is that they don't get irate on the side line.  Maybe thats the good sense in having J Wallis as opposed to that has- been Sambo.  Hopefully JW has the good sense to ignore his sideline antics.  >:( >:(
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sham Man on February 26, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

yes well he is a selector, i noticed him irrate with the carey player quite a few times and goin to wallis for a sub, but i think  the manager is very much his own man
The fundamental difference between good managers/selectors is that they don't get irate on the side line.  Maybe thats the good sense in having J Wallis as opposed to that has- been Sambo.  Hopefully JW has the good sense to ignore his sideline antics.  >:( >:(

Yeah more personal attacks, you're a goodin ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Everything ok Mr2? You are definitely too touchy and grumpy this weather!

I qualified by statement on 1-7 by including Karl - the point I made was that the defence was strong but I doubted the forwards.

AND I AM DELIGHTED TO HAVE BEEN PROVED WRONG!

The display was that good that I decided to skip the half time pint! I thought Cormac Donnellywas exceptional - a serious hurler that would make any county side. I would give him MOTM but afraid MR2 will start crying about Karl again - who was also magnificant. Neil McAuley also deserves praise. Up front we took more scores than I could have imagined and I think the Antrim dressing room must have been a great place to be.
A smaching start to the year and full praise to all concerned. It really lifted my day and hopefully we will have more like it!

Good points about Sambo also - maybe how the two men carry themselves on the sideline speaks volumes and hopefully Jerry's calm will win over when it comes to the team.

Championship draws tonight then?
Can anyone enlighten us asap?

Two Hands FFS

I seen Wallis getting irate at times as well yesterday...I've seen Brian Cody do it as well...Ger Loughnane..Liam Sheedy..as long as they can still make the right decision at the time is the important factor. As suggested here previously there was very few who would have kept McLaughlin on!!!

the colonel

A very shaky start, but a great win. I think from the first 15 minutes the players were asked to mark spaces rather than men. Players seemed to be looking at the sideline for direction, which to be fair to JW he decided changes needed to be made and players went man to man. Antrim then upped their game. Thought Karl was the pick of the bunch, right place at the right time and his scores came at important times also. Karl just pips Hippy and Neal McAuley who were both excellent.

As regards to Sambo on the sideline, don't think he done anything wrong. If it was Collie McFall showing a small about of displeasure would it be an issue? I heard McLoughlin had showed well in the trials and maybe was worth his chance, but I think the nerves got to him, and he just wasn't fit for it yesterday. I think he shouldn't have been given the second half, and the amount of mistakes he made right in front of the management in the second half was unreal. If you have selectors who are there to agree with a management team the whole time then they are useless. The poor fella should have been saved a bit of embarrassment. Hopefully he gathers himself, works hard at training and learns from it. Antrim have some big games coming up, and barring DD, Watson and Eddie McCloskey, who will be added from that team?

Antrim also need a fit Shorty
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Need to build on this win, be difficult in Ennis for the next match. Fitzy will have them worked up but this Clare team last year were not exactly world beaters.

If the managers and selectors were just standing around and not getting bothered, we'd be annoyed.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Last Man

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 26, 2012, 07:48:38 PM
i knew he wasnt up to that level,  not his fault.  JW must have seen something in him,   part from the goal how did our new FF do?   great win.  claire and offaly had big wins aswel.  nice test for antrim this league.
I reckon JW possibly thought taking him off might set the young fella further back, a good man management call that might just pay dividends in the future. Sheerin struggled to impose his usual physical self but i  think he'll improve and if all he does is break more ball for Shane and PJ to hoover up then fair enough.
Thought Karl was immense, and big Cormac gave a text book display. He never squanders posession with a big aimless launch down the field. Young hurlers watch and learn.

NAG1

Quote from: Last Man on February 27, 2012, 11:08:18 AM
i knew he wasnt up to that level,  not his fault.  JW must have seen something in him,   part from the goal how did our new FF do?   great win.  claire and offaly had big wins aswel.  nice test for antrim this league.
I reckon JW possibly thought taking him off might set the young fella further back, a good man management call that might just pay dividends in the future. Sheerin struggled to impose his usual physical self but i  think he'll improve and if all he does is break more ball for Shane and PJ to hoover up then fair enough.
Thought Karl was immense, and big Cormac gave a text book display. He never squanders posession with a big aimless launch down the field. Young hurlers watch and learn.

Didnt make the game yesterday, great result.

On the highlighted part, that was the only part of his game that needed changing and it will be great news for Antrim is he is able to distribute the ball.

the colonel

Quote from: NAG1 on February 27, 2012, 12:02:32 PM
Quote from: Last Man on February 27, 2012, 11:08:18 AM

Didnt make the game yesterday, great result.

On the highlighted part, that was the only part of his game that needed changing and it will be great news for Antrim is he is able to distribute the ball.

I must say his distribution was very good yesterday. His size allows that he pushes off any man coming to close him down to give him that extra second or two to take a look at the forwards
the difference between success and failure is energy

AQMP

Quote from: hardstation on February 27, 2012, 10:56:40 AM
I see Wallace's father has passed away.

RIP.

From the County Website:

Jerry Wallace Snr RIP

Its with deep regret that we announce the death of Jerry Wallace Snr, father of our Senior County Hurling Manager Jerry. May he rest in peace.
The players and management of the Antrim Senior Hurling team send their deepest sympathies to Jerry at this difficult time.

aontroim

Quote from: Sham Man on February 26, 2012, 10:57:05 PM

A la 'Babs' & Jim Nelson  ;)

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Ah go on then!

Someone have a pot-shot at guessing the championship draw - just for the craic!

Dall and the newly crowned All-Ireland champs to be kept apart?

Milltown Row2

Naomhgall v Loughgiel - Belfast venue
Ballycastle v Lamh Dhearg  North Antrim venue
Dunloy v Glenariffe - North Antrim venue
Cushendall v Rossa, winners play v St Johns - Ibrox ;)

Seamroga in exile

Haha. I was going to post we were due st galls in the city.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"