Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: oisinog on February 23, 2012, 06:00:20 PM
Just saw on the county website that the match entry is £11 on sunday.

This is £3 more that the football how can the GAA justify this

It's because it's a higher level. It costs more to get into a Division One or Two football match than a Division Three one

saffronog

see were you are coming from oisin og, but reckon for me its dd, magee, o'connell, mcgarry, johnnies keeper is he now the selector for antrim after that a bit of a toss up.    jerry will have to live by his decisions.

now thats the keeper cleared up who is this sean mclaughling guy, not aware of him and the full forward is relatively new at this level.

also think the extra money is typical GAA.

Sham Man

£11.00, sure it's only a packet of fags and a pint.  ;)
Shamrocks are winners!

pdiddy

Quote from: saffronog on February 23, 2012, 05:20:59 PM
oisin og who would you want in ??? kearney was certainly worth a try and remember lads at end of the day its all about opinions.  agree with sleeping giant that magee certainly brings something to the panel.  Remember him at school and he was horrible little shit even then.  however he is a talent.  i think its  a good call from jerry and would imagine if kearney starts playing well he would be in if others play poorly.  due to mcgee lack of effort i reckon dd no one and o'connell no 2 and thats all you need on the panel.  young nugent no chance, mctoal just misses out.  don't know much about him but oisin og his own club mate doesn't seem to rate him,  opinion again.  shams the winners as it will give their no 2 a bit of action.

Getting a bit personal fellas !!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Antrim +4 for the game against Wexford which is about right. Wexford were beat handy against Offaly (minus any Cooldeery players) in Wexford Park in the Walsh cup. Not a great indication of where they are at but all we have to go by.

Antrim? well I don't know really how we are shaping up, new players and players playing in different positions. I think if we get a good start we could win the match
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

Quote from: saffronog on February 23, 2012, 06:40:06 PM
see were you are coming from oisin og, but reckon for me its dd, magee, o'connell, mcgarry, johnnies keeper is he now the selector for antrim after that a bit of a toss up.    jerry will have to live by his decisions.

now thats the keeper cleared up who is this sean mclaughling guy, not aware of him and the full forward is relatively new at this level.

also think the extra money is typical GAA.
Sean Mc Laughlin from Carey,   fair play on his call up, hope he has improved since i last seen him :-\  JW seems to have catch nets far and wide, giving talents from all clubs there chance, fair play to him.  time will tell, i believe that if the right team was out there, that division is there for the taking.
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

I would love to think so SG but in reality we are behind Limerick Clare And even Offaly - we could by all means finish above one of them but I seriously doubt all three!

Sleeping giant

i dont think so,  fully fit and everyone 100% commited to the cause, antrim would be there or there abouts in that company. IMO.   

btdtgtt

I would like to think so as well - but our results in black & white suggest otherwise.

Fitness & commitment for me are the same as ability - a lack of each is no excuse.
All counties face the same challenges in terms of fitness and commitment.

Anyway - here's hoping for a good start on Sunday and I would be delighted to be proved wrong!

Sleeping giant

I agree, but other counties may well be able to drop some of there better players, for whatever reasons. we need them all there on same page. Bare bones at this level,  is paddy Richmond retired from county.  Some man for edge of square!!

btdtgtt

It does seem Paddy has retired - don't think he featured last year either.
Big loss - great man to finish a goal chance - and not replaced by players of the same standard.

Sham Man

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 24, 2012, 01:47:24 PM
Big loss - great man to finish a goal chance - and not replaced by players of the same standard.
Paddy's getting a bit old, less mobile and somewhat rotund.  A good servant and good lad all the same, it really is a pity though.
Shamrocks are winners!

Last Man

Quote from: Sham Man on February 24, 2012, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on February 24, 2012, 01:47:24 PM
Paddy's getting a bit old, less mobile and somewhat rotund.  A good servant and good lad all the same, it really is a pity though.
A powerful talent and full of guile but never the athletic type which is what Jerry seems to favour.

JamesH

A powerful talent and full of guile but never the athletic type which is what Jerry seems to favour.                           

Last man you obviously haven't seen Kevin Sheeran in action.

Seamroga in exile

Paddy R is a gentleman and an excellent hurler. I'd have him on that Antrim team no problem.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"